Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    On the 3.2 PTR this glyph is changed to: "Increases the damage and healing of your Holy Nova spell by an additional 20%"

  2. #2

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    About time, last thing I use Holy Nova for is healing...
    If I was a Blizz server technician, I'd hijack a server and use it to download porn 24/7. Guess why the instance servers always are full B]

  3. #3

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonixis
    About time, last thing I use Holy Nova for is healing...
    Was actually very useful for mimiron hard mode in 25 men, when you really cannot spread sufficiently to keep the machine gun dmg low in p2. having 3 groups moving with a priest spamming nova with that glyph takes care of a lot of that damage and works better then prayer as it's just a lot faster and makes sure no one gets gibbed while healers in other groups can cast bigger heals on the group that's getting hit.

    I suppose 40% was just a bit too powerful for such a scenario.

  4. #4

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonixis
    About time, last thing I use Holy Nova for is healing...
    About time? So you are going to use this glyph to do more damage with Holy Nova?

  5. #5

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercrom
    About time? So you are going to use this glyph to do more damage with Holy Nova?
    No, however I kinda found the current one to be an insult.
    If I was a Blizz server technician, I'd hijack a server and use it to download porn 24/7. Guess why the instance servers always are full B]

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by kaib
    Was actually very useful for mimiron hard mode in 25 men, when you really cannot spread sufficiently to keep the machine gun dmg low in p2. having 3 groups moving with a priest spamming nova with that glyph takes care of a lot of that damage and works better then prayer as it's just a lot faster and makes sure no one gets gibbed while healers in other groups can cast bigger heals on the group that's getting hit.

    I suppose 40% was just a bit too powerful for such a scenario.
    Yeah I healed a lot with HN on Firefighter, its also quite handy on Freya x 3

  8. #8

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    I think the change is mostly because Holy Nova might get a little OTT in combination with CoH and PoH with its most recent buffs.
    The damage increase might be a way of saying. "This ability has sucked for so long. Too bad we gotta nerf its glyph now. But here have some damage as compensation".

    Which is actually fair, cause Holy Nova did turn out to be a pretty decent ability. At least if you're Disc, but your healing options are limited with that spec. So it might be really crappy for Holy.

    Or it might be that Holy Nova is getting a change later this patch?
    Maybe raidwise.


  9. #9

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Yet another small victory for Holy DPS. A patient lot are we.
    \o/
    *cheer* Yay, I get my third glyph.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  10. #10

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Gz.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,644

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    I think the change is mostly because Holy Nova might get a little OTT in combination with CoH and PoH with its most recent buffs.
    The damage increase might be a way of saying. "This ability has sucked for so long. Too bad we gotta nerf its glyph now. But here have some damage as compensation".

    Which is actually fair, cause Holy Nova did turn out to be a pretty decent ability. At least if you're Disc, but your healing options are limited with that spec. So it might be really crappy for Holy.

    Or it might be that Holy Nova is getting a change later this patch?
    Maybe raidwise.

    Taking the Holy Nova glyph bumped its healing up heaps, since the nerf of the damage on FireFighter, a guild could split the groups in phase 2 into 3 groups, and have a priest in each group spamming Holy Nova. Basically, doing this completely trivialised the fight and almost exploited the damage reduction change blizzard brought in because the Holy Nova healing almost matched the P2 damage.

    And of course, blizzard doesn't like it when we excel at changing our own design and doesnt like it when we begin to break the 'jack of all trades' concept. So as soon as our spells excel at raid healing (woo PoH) or even single target healing (GG Penance) they need to be nerfed because we're of course way too overpowered. >

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  12. #12

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Yet another small victory for Holy DPS. A patient lot are we.
    There is a reason mages don't use Arcane Explosion in PvE and it involves running around in the middle of the melee doing terrible damage while burning mana like mad.
    In mediocre MMOs, people complain about some classes.
    In good MMOS, no one complains about any classes.
    In the best MMOS, people complain about every class.

  13. #13

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by UnemMun
    There is a reason mages don't use Arcane Explosion in PvE and it involves running around in the middle of the melee doing terrible damage while burning mana like mad.
    And the reason I DO go around int he middle of the melee causing explosions of light is cause it heals everyone on top of the damage :P

  14. #14

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Am I missing something here? Doesn't HN only heal party members? Not sure how it could be OP (or even useful) if it only heals 4 people besides yourself, considering you'd have to split healers amongst parties, and make sure the parties stay close together for HN to be effective.

  15. #15

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    With the current glyph holy nova actually beats a 3x serendipity poh in terms of HPS, while still allowing you to be mobile. It's only really useful on a few hardmodes though, due to the annoyance of having to keep grouped up etc.

  16. #16

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    \o/
    *cheer* Yay, I get my third glyph.
    I don't know...looking at it's damage it will still be crap compare with mind sear. Can someone tell me the actual modifier on the ptr?

  17. #17

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Right now, with HN glyph, it heals for ~1/2 of a PoH for ~1/2 the mana. So while not an every-fight ability it can be *very* useful. It's party-only so you need to stack groups in order for this but some fights that happens naturally [Firefighter, Freya and a couple others]. It's also instant and usually gives you a SoL proc as well.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Izenhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    There is only one Legion.
    Posts
    4,032

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Well, it's nerfing the healing done, but afterall there would be no chances in hell that with the current glyphs (GS,FH,CoH,PoH) Holy Nova could have made its way through Holy PvE glyphs, so I think it'd be nice for aspirant Holy DPS'ers.

  19. #19

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    there would be no chances in hell that with the current glyphs (GS,FH,CoH,PoH) Holy Nova could have made its way through Holy PvE glyphs.
    I disagree.

    -FH glyph is purely a mana efficiency glyph and therefore sometimes not useful at all.
    -PoH glyph isn't as good as meters indicate imo. If someone just got healed by a PoH there is *very* little chance they're in risk of dying during the HoT's duration.

    -GS I always use [except Algalon].
    -CoH I always use.
    -The 3rd glyph I swap in and out very often. HN, FH and PoH [to a lesser extent] all get used.





  20. #20

    Re: Glyph of Holy Nova Change

    Quote Originally Posted by UnemMun
    There is a reason mages don't use Arcane Explosion in PvE and it involves running around in the middle of the melee doing terrible damage while burning mana like mad.
    For most AoE fights this is true. The only time when an "Explosion" effect is better is when the AoE pack is mobile or if you need to be mobile. As of Ulduar, the only fight that I can think of that fits this bill is XT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •