Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If druids weren't an option....

I'm chatting with some guildies in Vent and since the servers are down and we're bored, the topic of "if your main character's class wasn't an option...what would you roll?".

Unfortunately druid is the 4th toon I've got to 80 and I wish I rolled a druid and toughed it out back in Vanilla, cuz then I wouldn't have so many damn alts. I love the druid class, my guildies know this, hence why the question came up.

So since we're all waiting for the servers to come up.....if druids weren't an option [or no longer an option] what would your main character be/have been?

I'm torn between Paladin or Priest. I'm a sucker for hybrid classes, what can I say. I enjoy playing classes that can do multiple things, especially with the dual spec now being in game.

I think I may have ended up going with Paladin as I do enjoy being able to tank, heal and dps and with the changes to paladin healing in 3.2, I might actually enjoy healing as a pali, but we'll see.

So if druids weren't available in WoW...what class would you go with?

Re: If druids weren't an option....

I think id go with a rogue, at least not back to my mage just to boring.. Dunno about paladin, never liked them

last thing i would roll would be a dk, no offense to anyone

15+ Year Old Account

If druid wasn't an option, my main would have to be a paladin.

I've played just damage-dealing classes before and I just can't stand how limited I feel. I enjoy collecting gear for all of my potential specs and being able to respec on the fly if someone needs <role> for a dungeon or raid. The only two "pure" classes I've played where I haven't felt limited like that are mage and hunter, and those would be my numbers two and three, respectively.

If druids weren't an option I'd also be playing Paladin.
    It's that ability to tank, heal, or dps that gets me, AND the fact that we have 2 viable PvP roles.
    Hybrids FTW.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

If priest wasn't an option, I would simply quit the game.

priest. they're great for pve and pvp =)
    but i <3 my druid and would cry if he went byby

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Goodhealzz

If my druid wasn't an option I would probably roll a priest. I love healing <3

Technically my main isn't a druid, but my horde main is and it was my main in BC...

Anyway, shaman. I've got a 70+ of every class and so far enhance shaman is something that I really enjoy.

I really enjoy playing DK, but I don't want it as a main because there are sooooo many of them, most of which are terrible players, so it's hard to get a group or into a decent guild as a DK.

My current "main" is my paladin, and there is no damn way I would ever choose that as my main again. Holy is boring as hell, I've got other tank classes I like more than protadin, and ret is... ret. Worst DPS playstyle ever.

Shaman and druid are probably some of my favorite classes. I love the versatility of druid, but something about swinging around axes with magic just really appeals to me.

Fun topic... After hitting 60 and then 70 and now 80 with my Druid, I always get a bit Alt crazy. I've had a max level hunter, lock, mage and DK and near max level rogue, pally and shaman. In the end, I always come back to my Druid. Now, when I need a change, I just switch playstyles. While I will always be a healer first, I tanked much of t4 and t5 and have dps'ed both in kitty and boomkin on and off. That is the beauty of the druid class -- complete flexibility.

So, with that being said, if I could gear up any other class to t8 and start raiding Ulduar with my guild, I think it would be a pally with a prot main spec and holy off spec. I like the idea of a non-rage based tank. My DK would be a close second, but I like the holy pally off spec more than a dps DK off spec.

oof...no druid. hmm...

healing has been my favorite role with tanking a close second. i'd probably go with the priest for healing as they seem to be good fun. but i'd have to level a warrior to tank...and then a paladin for pvp. but then i do enjoy some good ranged dps as balance every now and then and spriest doesnt do it for me so i'd have to go with an elemental shammy for that. i suppose i could use the warrior for melee dps but they just arent as much fun as they used to be in my opinion(pre 3.0 Arms was my favorite)...ret pally seems mind numbing for pve...i'd probably have to roll a rogue to get that fix...

god i'm glad i rolled a druid.

15+ Year Old Account

I loooooove my druid. So much versatility and everything is fun about them. I have 8 alts, one of every class minus druid (ofc), and warlock. But my druid is my main and I always come back to him and love raiding. Boomkin here
    But anyways, I'd probably go to my rogue, because he's pretty fun, though my paladin is a blast.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

15+ Year Old Account

hmmm would be a hard choice for me between either priest or mage, but in all honesty i probably would of lost interest and drifted off to another game.

feral for life RAWR!

I have an 80 paladin, druid and lock and will soon have a priest.

Hybrid lovers love hybrids and the first page of "it would be a paladin" are confirmation on that. It is fun to collect gear sets for all those specs and to be able to swap out and perform that role when needed, but my first love is and will always be my warlock.

epic questlines leveling up, ever-evolving nerf/buff rollercoaster. We are godly one moment and garbage the next, only to come full circle to the heavens again. I have 2 gear sets, pve and pvp. I never have to worry about anything but melting stuff. The simplicity, of which some would call boring, I find to be quite delightful.

If i want to tank or heal, I will get on my paladin (dual specs are tank/heal) I recently made both of my druids' specs dps mainly to provide raid utility, 1 feral dps and 1 boomkin, and I love the flexibility in playstyle without responsibility.

So final answer would be warlock. I never get tells asking me what spec am i. You see me and you know wtf i do =) ....and I do it very well

Quote Originally Posted by Moses007

So final answer would be warlock. I never get tells asking me what spec am i. You see me and you know wtf i do =) ....and I do it very well

This is true! The thing I dislike most about being a druid, or well...any hybrid for that matter is getting tells asking me if I'm resto, even though I put myself in LFG as "feral dps". I will still get tells "wanna heal [insert raid or instance here]"

/sigh.

Well do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Moses007
    I have an 80 paladin, druid and lock and will soon have a priest.

Hybrid lovers love hybrids and the first page of "it would be a paladin" are confirmation on that. It is fun to collect gear sets for all those specs and to be able to swap out and perform that role when needed, but my first love is and will always be my warlock.

epic questlines leveling up, ever-evolving nerf/buff rollercoaster. We are godly one moment and garbage the next, only to come full circle to the heavens again. I have 2 gear sets, pve and pvp. I never have to worry about anything but melting stuff. The simplicity, of which some would call boring, I find to be quite delightful.

If i want to tank or heal, I will get on my paladin (dual specs are tank/heal) I recently made both of my druids' specs dps mainly to provide raid utility, 1 feral dps and 1 boomkin, and I love the flexibility in playstyle without responsibility.

First page of "it would be paladins"? I see two "paladin" and I'm too lazy to reread mine, so I'll toss this out just in case it's not there mine is "DEFINITELY NOT PALADIN."

Edit: furthermore if it was simply hybrids, why is it I'm the only person to answer Shaman? Paladins are only so represented because they're fotm, and trust me guys once you start playing pally it can get pretty boring. Healing is boring (waaaaay more fun on my druid and priest). Ret both groups you with a large section of idiots, and is boring as hell on top of it. I prefer war tanking to pally tanking as well, but that's personal preference.

I would go back to my warrior probably. He is the first character i've ever payed, and was my main all the way through BC. I still play him as much as my druid, though usually just to farm achievements.

I also have a warlock, but I can't bring myself to log onto that character for more than an hour at a time.

I can't stand mage or rogue. Hunter was fun up to lvl 40 and then i stopped playing that toon, never rolled a pally or priest so I dont know how they are to play. I couldn't stand playing a shammy for some reason. I've tried on 3 seperate occasions to roll one now, and I can't make it past lvl 35.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

At this point I prob would stop playing, id never give up my druid willingly. If I HAD no choice though id go hunter.

I played a Fury warrior since release, and after a few hardships and some nerd rage on my part from nerfs, new gear and such, I decided to make my druid my main. I've had my druid almost as long and I can't for the life of me think of why I have never used him as my main, druids are awesome I'm gearing every spec and I love tanking/healing/boomkin dps. It's always fun and I've always loved micro management over simple classes, Fury warrior having about the most straight forward play style in the game this is a big change and I love it. If druid wasn't availabe I would probably play a Shammy or possibly a pally, but I think most likely a shammy.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    furthermore if it was simply hybrids, why is it I'm the only person to answer Shaman? Paladins are only so represented because they're fotm, and trust me guys once you start playing pally it can get pretty boring. Healing is boring (waaaaay more fun on my druid and priest). Ret both groups you with a large section of idiots, and is boring as hell on top of it. I prefer war tanking to pally tanking as well, but that's personal preference.
    I definitely agree with you that Holy is extremely boring to play, but in 3.2 that's changed, for me anyways. It's no longer beacon+HL spam every single pull. Actually they're making FoL our main heal realisitcally, so it'll switch up a bit, but we'll see how well that works out. Holy will still be MT heals since FoL isn't very attractive unless sacred shield is up in most cases, but at least holy has some utility for raid healing now, still not as good as the other healers though.

I don't think Paladins are FotM anymore, honestly I'm seeing more and more druids these days and a decrease of paladins, on my servers anyways. As soon as people got wind of "op feral dps" everyone busted out their druid or started rolling one. Since feral was "op" in pve and resto was "op" in arena, a lot of people started rolling druids.

Yeah there are still a lot of Paladins and most of them are ret since it's literally a faceroll class, but in 3.2 that'll change, people will have to thinka bout wtf they're doing just enough toallow you to distinguish who is a crappy paladin and who knows wtf they're doing.

I would choose pali because between the other hybrid classes [whichi 'm a huge fan of] it's the one I personally prefer. I find shamans boring, and the rest aren't versatile enough for my liking.