Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: If druids weren't an option....

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    First page of "it would be paladins"? I see two "paladin" and I'm too lazy to reread mine, so I'll toss this out just in case it's not there mine is "DEFINITELY NOT PALADIN."

Edit: furthermore if it was simply hybrids, why is it I'm the only person to answer Shaman? Paladins are only so represented because they're fotm, and trust me guys once you start playing pally it can get pretty boring. Healing is boring (waaaaay more fun on my druid and priest). Ret both groups you with a large section of idiots, and is boring as hell on top of it. I prefer war tanking to pally tanking as well, but that's personal preference.

easy on the nerdrage.... when i started with my reply to this thread a saw lots of paladin... this is a discussion of opinions, not a psychology lesson

I see a trend here...Druids seem to love priests, rogues, paladins and warriors. A couple mages in there too. Personally I love my Warrior and my Priest. My Rogue is fun to play around with but I get bored of him quickly.

So I'm wondering why Druids don't like DKs, hunters, shamans, or warlocks...

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    I see a trend here...Druids seem to love priests, rogues, paladins and warriors. A couple mages in there too. Personally I love my Warrior and my Priest. My Rogue is fun to play around with but I get bored of him quickly.

So I'm wondering why Druids don't like DKs, hunters, shamans, or warlocks...
    I like...Warlocks. lol. I dislike the playstyle of shamans and I think they're kinda boring. I actually like DK's but would never make one my main...ever. I enjoyed hunters back when we only had to keep aspect of the viper up, something about switching aspects mid-fight for mana really annoys me, especially in PvP.

I really like Warlocks and I have a lot of fun with them and I would consider playing one as my main but..I don't like being stuck doing 1 thing. My first main was a rogue, my 2nd a hunter, my 3rd a warlock, my 4th a paladin. Once I made the paladin I fell in love with Hybrids and started leveling up my druid shortly afterwards.

I just don't want to be stuck doing DPS if I'm not in the mood to dps. But if I had to be any dps class currently it would be warlock as I enjoy the playstyle and I think they're fun to pve and pvp with.

Obviously a paladin or shaman. They're the closest to a druid you'd ever get.

I've always been feral since I started playing. So close to that I now love (kitty powah 4eva) must be rogue. That would be my option
    ..::||Sinma||::..

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    I don't think Paladins are FotM anymore, honestly I'm seeing more and more druids these days and a decrease of paladins, on my servers anyways. As soon as people got wind of "op feral dps" everyone busted out their druid or started rolling one. Since feral was "op" in pve and resto was "op" in arena, a lot of people started rolling druids.
    I think this is why I will never give up my "Stone Guard" title on my Druid. No matter how popular they become, the old school PvP titles will always stand out from the legions of explorer, of the frozen waste, jenkins, etc.... out there. I still get asked on a daily basis how I got the title and I'm happy each time I get to explain it to someone who didn't play pre-TBC.

I haven't really played druid much, only my friend's character. Not so long ago I really even thought about creating a druid but I'm gonna eventually level one too (who is currently 3 level, wohoo)

My main is a Hunter. If it were removed I'd choose Warlock, Rogue or Enhance Shaman.

Technically I have two mains with my resto/ cat druid and my destro warlock.

Without my druid I'd be one very bored warlock

id go shaman lol

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    I definitely agree with you that Holy is extremely boring to play, but in 3.2 that's changed, for me anyways. It's no longer beacon+HL spam every single pull. Actually they're making FoL our main heal realisitcally, so it'll switch up a bit, but we'll see how well that works out. Holy will still be MT heals since FoL isn't very attractive unless sacred shield is up in most cases, but at least holy has some utility for raid healing now, still not as good as the other healers though.

I don't think Paladins are FotM anymore, honestly I'm seeing more and more druids these days and a decrease of paladins, on my servers anyways. As soon as people got wind of "op feral dps" everyone busted out their druid or started rolling one. Since feral was "op" in pve and resto was "op" in arena, a lot of people started rolling druids.

Yeah there are still a lot of Paladins and most of them are ret since it's literally a faceroll class, but in 3.2 that'll change, people will have to thinka bout wtf they're doing just enough toallow you to distinguish who is a crappy paladin and who knows wtf they're doing.

I would choose pali because between the other hybrid classes [whichi 'm a huge fan of] it's the one I personally prefer. I find shamans boring, and the rest aren't versatile enough for my liking.
    Okay first: Wtf man? A well reasoned and kind reply on mmo-champ forums? Totally doesn't belong.

I'm excited about the paladin changes because it will certainly shake things up a bit, but not enough in my opinion. The problem is that the fol hot only works on SS targets, so it doesn't really add much versatility. The beacon change is what I am more excited about. However the pros and cons of the new pally changes are probably something we should discuss elsewhere.

I still see a lot of pallies, but you are right in that there aren't as many around as there used to be. I haven't seen much of a spike in druids though. I think all the druid fotm rerollers are going to be pretty disappointed since doing the amazing DPS as feral seems to actually require a brain. Sadly the difference between a bad ret, good ret, and great ret is far too little.

On my pally I spent a day playing ret to try something out. I made a castrandom macro and bound about 8 keys to it. I then did heroics and specifically tried to get groups with other rets. I regularly outdamaged them and easily kept up with all but one. My ret gear is terrible. It's a sad state when not only is a castrandom a viable (but not optimal) way to play, but also that some players are so bad that a cast random is better than their attempts at a rotation.

I dunno. I just find pallies boring overall. I agree that 3.2 will make them less faceroll and less fotm, but they certainly haven't fixed any of the core issues for ret.

I suppose I agree with your original overall point: hybrids will want to play hybrids. To me it's just because once you've experienced having all that utility, how can you go back to being able to do only one thing? Versatility ftw!

You OP hybrids make me sick.

"Oh lets roll from are OP druids to are OP paladins"

Play a hybrid that isn't iWin. /cry

15+ Year Old Account

Shaman. Currently a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    hmmm would be a hard choice for me between either priest or mage, but in all honesty i probably would of lost interest and drifted off to another game.

feral for life RAWR!
    I am with you, but Boom/feral for life
    "Peace is a lie"

15+ Year Old Account

Paladin.

Oh wait... that's why I already have one :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Okay first: Wtf man? A well reasoned and kind reply on mmo-champ forums? Totally doesn't belong.

I dunno. I just find pallies boring overall. I agree that 3.2 will make them less faceroll and less fotm, but they certainly haven't fixed any of the core issues for ret.

I suppose I agree with your original overall point: hybrids will want to play hybrids. To me it's just because once you've experienced having all that utility, how can you go back to being able to do only one thing? Versatility ftw!
    I'm sorry I failed you and I'm a black sheep on MMO forums -cries- [blah blah you're a noob blah blah GTFO....better? :P]

Yeah, some people love the druid class for the class itself, I love the druid class for the versatility, so if I couldn't play a druid, I would play another class with a lot of versatility, which leaves shaman and pali and I prefer pali over the two.

and yeah, I'm not going to continue pali convo on this thread so...i'll stfu about pali's now haha :x

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar
    You OP hybrids make me sick.

"Oh lets roll from are OP druids to are OP paladins"

Play a hybrid that isn't iWin. /cry
    Haha I'd play a shaman if I enjoyed the playstyle of more than 1 spec. I enjoy playing Enhance, but not a big fan of resto shaman nor elemental shaman.

Though my dislike of elemental shamans had a lot to do with dropping totems etc. with the new totem bars I find that I'm enjoying it a bit more.

I agree though, out of all of the hybrids, and I mean..ALL of them [warriors, priests, shamans, etc.]

Druids and paladins are the most OP in general heh.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Picklesrtasty
    If Shaman wasn't an option I'd roll either a priest or a druid
    Sorry, wrong thread This is the No Druid option thread, not the no Shaman thread. duh.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

shaman. underdog hybrid class with heroism. where can ya go wrong?

Rogue. Was my main before I rolled a druid and they are soo fun to play. If it wasn't for the fact that my druid can tank and dps i would still be on my rogue.

don't really have a main, just some chars that have better gear than my others.
    allready rolled just about everything, first did some leveling alliance side, switched over to horde a few months after WotLK, busy with lvl'ing my 3rd toon to 80 there now.