Thread: gem perfection?

gem perfection?

What is it with the gem perfection skill form JC owners, does it work atm, will it work in patch 3.2 and in what way? plz help me out cuz its really been bugging me since i found out about the new epic gems.

As i understood from the skill description in the game is that when u craft a normal quality gem (a random gem like all the gems that every1 uses atm like scarlet ruby or what not) that u might have a chance 2 get a new epic gem, the same color as the gem that u were crafting to begin with of course. First of all that is what normally u might believe and it would be perfectly logical to presume, but who knows...

If anyone has a clue about this plz explain and don't tell me about the TBC explanation with the difference in 1 stat bonus from normal to "perfect" gems that were in use at that time

Re: gem perfection?

Normal quality gems = Green quality gems. CHalcedony, Bloodstone, ...
    When you craft one of those, you have a slight chance to craft a "perfect" version of it.
    For example. A Runed Bloodstone is +14sp. A Perfect Rund Bloodstone is +16sp.

This has nothing to do with the new epic gems.

Wazdakka

Someone didn't bother to read the quest text.

Or the Gem Perfection icon in the General Tab of their spellbook.

Only applies to common / green gems, not the blue/epic versions.

so i guess that was it the lame function from TBC thanks guyz it seames it really is nothing but a old skill that wont be updated or such... what can i say... lame

Quote Originally Posted by zhadi
    so i guess that was it the lame function from TBC thanks guyz it seames it really is nothing but a old skill that wont be updated or such... what can i say... lame
    It was introduced in wotlk even.
    And designed only to work with green gems.

So, no, it won't be updated. But not because it's old, as it's not.

Read the description again.
    It'll tell you you get a slightly higher quality gem, not epic gems from blue gems....
    A +12 stat gem, might turn into a +14 stat gem. That's all, and all it was ever meant to do.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    It was introduced in wotlk even.
    And designed only to work with green gems.

So, no, it won't be updated. But not because it's old, as it's not.

Read the description again.
    It'll tell you you get a slightly higher quality gem, not epic gems from blue gems....
    A +12 stat gem, might turn into a +14 stat gem. That's all, and all it was ever meant to do.
    and how the heck do u know whats gona happend in 3.2?
    u just reject this guy like u know exactly what blizz is gona do
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    and how the heck do u know whats gona happend in 3.2?
    u just reject this guy like u know exactly what blizz is gona do
    RRRrrrrread : http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55534
    Gives the Jewelcrafter the chance to cut uncommon quality Northrend gems into perfect gems.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39947
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41492

15+ Year Old Account

u damn idiot, he asks if theire gona get updated.
    hes not questioning the useability in it's curent form.
    but u simply reject that a change will ever happend so it will effect other gems that uncommon in 3.2 like u know.

im not saying i know whats gona happend but neither of us knows so dont give a direct answer like no or yes
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    u damn idiot, he asks if theire gona get updated.
    hes not questioning the useability in it's curent form.
    but u simply reject that a change will ever happend so it will effect other gems that uncommon in 3.2 like u know.

im not saying i know whats gona happend but neither of us knows so dont give a direct answer like no or yes
    Sorry, I can't understand you through all the RETARD coming through.

It would be quite silly to spend enormous ammounts of gold or be extremely RNG dependant just to socket your gear, I'm happy they didn't do it with rare and epic gems.

since you're on the topic..

anyone know why I can't turn in the quest? I have all 6 gems, I see a yellow ? but when I talk to him 'continue' is greyed out

HELP!

hmmm no need 2 argue guyz was just wondering if its going 2 be updated 2 a more useful status like from blue -> epic gems.... cuz atm i dont see its real function other then just a crap filler ability that no one cares about and is there just 2 make ure profession a whole lot more "interesting" and "complex" = NO ACTUAL USE

dont mind me just saying :P

The quest and the skill "gem perfection" just gave the option to people to make a few green gems until they got a gem that had almost the same stats as a blue gem. This helped people gem their gear as best they could if they could not get a blue gem/gem cut when WOTLK just came out.