Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK soloing old content spec

hi

what spec is best for soloing old content i am using unholy/blood build now and it works pretty good vs the around 400k hp bosses cause they dont hit that hard and u can easly kill the adds but vs fights like hakkar i dont get enough healing..
    and he hits for around 1k so i die..

any1 nows a good solo boss build or could gimme a hand

Ty

Re: DK soloing old content spec

I would say deep blood, but I would probably go a tank spec instead of a dps spec. I mean, when I solo old content I'll just put my tank gear on in my blood dps spec (because I'm a frost tank) and it seems really good. However, wearing dps gear also works pretty good as blood. Blood is defenitely the best spec though, you DONT die

I've soloed hakkar in (very) crappy dps gear as blood tank with bat priest up.
    This was before deaht strike change, so maybe now you don't need rune tap anymore. but take it anyway

the secret to soloing old content is tanking gear, with a pve dps blood spec like 51/0/20 works best for me.

I use this spec: http://armory.wow-europe.com/talent-...03140003123140

I farm most mount bosses (except Druid mount), that include: Tiger and Raptor in ZG, Huntsman in Kara and Keal in HC MGT.

Tjek out my videos on youtube, here is my Attumen vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pc2g8b-Zzc

1:Go blood
    2: ???
    3: solo old content=profit
    ^makes sigz k?

If your DPS gear is good you can just go in a blood tank spec and it will be faster than going in tank gear - however if you have problems surviving just swap out some dps gear and put on some defensive stats and you'll be fine
    As a response to the crowds whining about PvE beeing too hard throughout vanilla and TBC Blizzard recently hired on Bob the Builder.
    In a recent press confrence on the subject he was quoted as saying "Can we fix it? Yes we can!".

I solo'd old-world content (including all of Molten Core) in a spec (roughly 33/1/37) based on obtaining a third disease in Unholy (at least 36 points), as well as Rune Tap and Mark of Blood. The spec wasn't unlike http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGa...Zzg0hxbdGIooko, though that version is pretty messy.

I prefer this over deep Blood, the tradeoff being a third disease instead of Improved Death Strike (both talents increase Death Strike's healing by 50%, really) and obtaining Permaghoul, Permaghoul AoE Avoidance + Healing and a faster cooldown on Army of the Dead (for making things go faster) in exchange for Vampific Blood. Also, Death Strike can be used more with the Unholy spec as the Blood Runes can be converted into Death Runes. Magic Supression and Anti-Magic Zone are also useful talents to have. The spec can be fiddled with - for example, some might find Bloodworms unreliable and put the points in Toughness instead. Same goes for Bone Shield.

Spec really isn't of that much importance with old content, although blood or unholy both have nice advantages over frost for soloing.

No one has really mentioned the importance of the change in the Death Strike generating healing from a % of your max health rather than a % of your damage anymore. Back then most of us were laughing at Hakkar while slapping away and getting 9K crit heals and thinking how simple it was, however after the change that just doesn't happen anymore so you rely on the rest of the blood talents to top up missing health or those in unholy spec finding the extra desease means another 5% added to the 10% of your max health already when using Death Strike.

After the initial crying of the nerf to Death Strike I realised I'd have to use my tank gear for everything, this really has little to do with the defense rating it has to do with the maximum health pool meaning my Death Strikes are healing for just under 5K which makes soloing much easier than I thought it would be after the old nerf.

recently solod Shadowlabs HC which was about my limit (last boss was tough), however as a dk u can pretty much just click any talents, aslong as u have deathstrike and some gear (tank pref) u can solo most stuff

(my amory + spec) : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...utus&n=Tomight

Definately blood. But keep in mind blood worms doesnt do you any favour when soloing Hakkar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64
    But keep in mind blood worms doesnt do you any favour when soloing Hakkar.
    Hahahaha... Or forgetting 8 minutes into the fight and thinking "oww gargoyle will speed this up"
    /facepalm

I use blood tank spec (in tank gear) for most stuff i solo, works fine for MC binding runs, ZG, Kara horsie run.

on easier stuff like 70 heroics for rep I run a standard unholy dps spec but wear tank gear, this makes my ghoul have rather silly hp so he can deal with a number of mobs on larger pulls.

any spec that has a decent deathstrike works fine though, i wouldnt sujest frost for solo'ing but im sure some people use it.

With my heroic geared DK, I go improvised blood spec without bloodworms for soloing. Works damn well even without any tank gear (I got like 20k in blood presence UB)..

Hakkar is so easy tbh, the raptor boss hits much harder I haven't tried anything else than ZG and Onyxia, wondering if I could solo some outland heroics or maybe some other Vanilla raids

I use my blood tank spec, makes it a joke.

a blood tank spec is the best bet but here is mine it rocks i can solo the mount runs except H MGT (friggen 2nd boss kills me every time)

ZG,Kara (save rune tap for when ur cursed) etc.... even a bit of MC for enchant and thunderfury drops

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10048

the glyphs chosen for extra healing and death coil minor for self healing

pop lichbloom when u need big health use vamp blood and runetap for massive health

tip:deatah strike is ur main heal but won't work well on kara first boss cuz of the curse if u got it on u use ur cooldowns to live

like always a tanking set of gear is best but i do fine as dps gear

I love doing old content but I love unholy too much so I went with this build and I do just fine with DPS all the way.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/talent-...03150003133151

With Glyph of Death and Decay, Glyph of Unholy Blight, Glyph of Bone Shield or sometimes I try Glyph of Rune Tap and Glyph of Plague Strike. Those old bosses are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    a blood tank spec is the best bet but here is mine it rocks i can solo the mount runs except H MGT (friggen 2nd boss kills me every time)
    Kill the first two adds, then ignore the rest. Hit Vamp Blood and Hysteria once you've dropped the first two. Save AMS for when he starts going nuts and you should be fine. If you try to do it the way you're supposed to... you'll die. Damn Druids being able to self heal without attacking to let the debuff expire.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Kill the first two adds, then ignore the rest. Hit Vamp Blood and Hysteria once you've dropped the first two. Save AMS for when he starts going nuts and you should be fine. If you try to do it the way you're supposed to... you'll die. Damn Druids being able to self heal without attacking to let the debuff expire.

well yea i try that problem is that i still die

oh adn my spec don't have hysteria waste of health

Take your 5/5/5 tank points(blade barrier, toughness, anticipation), then pretend you're making a dps blood spec with the rest.

Go for unholy with the leftovers. Remember, if you're going to do Hakkar(or anything that mc's similarly) to avoid blood worms when spec'ing. On my ally DK(b4 i deleted him to redo on horde side) I was able to solo all old heroics, and all the typical old raids(aq20, aq40 entry trash for mounts,zg,ony, mc, some kara...i was undergeared tankwise when i tried kara and couldn't do it all) before they nerfed the cash drops in some of them.

MC had some troublesome spots, but depending on your gear, you could keep Luci alive and pull him to every other boss using his debuff as your deathstrike spam booster(your runes don't go on cooldown). I don't know if they've leashed Luci now or not, but you could take him throughout the instance this way. He hits very lightly and keeps his debuff on you 100% allowing you to non-stop spam abilities(some of the harder hitting fights were simply refresh diseases as need DS,DS,DS,DS,DS etc..).

This is the spec I ran with, but there's lots of alternatives you could do instead.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EMqI0IsbMfosx0xZcgh