Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Spell power is clearly the best Prot Pala Stat //DISCUSS!

I know... srs bsns.

i managed to complete naxx 10 man last week with my spellpower weapon, the spellpower is great for single target threat, i considering getting the badgeloot shield with spellpower on it, it looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike
    my spellpower weapon is awesome, i havent found an upgrade in all my pugs of naxx 10 yet, but im hoping to get one soon.

I'm not even sure 37k is possible for a paladin unbuffed tbh.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...erenas&n=Ivona

37,000 UNBUFFED.

Dodge: 25.41%
    Parry: 20.04%
    Block: 16.94

ouch >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike
    I know... srs bsns.

i managed to complete naxx 10 man last week with my spellpower weapon, the spellpower is great for single target threat, i considering getting the badgeloot shield with spellpower on it, it looks awesome.
    Naxx 10 really is srs bzns... cleared by people with nothing but re-gemmed lvl 70 gear the weekend WotLK was released. In Naxx 10 you can basically wear anything you like.

As for your other point (and posts in this thread) - If you really think that carrying a SP-Weapon cuts it for a Prot Paladin, you make a fine example for why I avoid PuGs like hell.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t37172-p...wow_3_0_wotlk/

there u go, get a clue before saying stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyAshbringer
    good example for uldu25 gear. and he don't even wear the yogg10 trinket.

spellpower+prot? lol!
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyAshbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by roeleert

ouch >_<
    Well, tbh, not bad for an EH gear. Given the quality of the equipment I would assume that this Paladin also has different gearsets for different purposes. And if you take everything into consideration, even this EH gear still provides for > 50% fullavoid.

What strikes me as odd is the talent choice of AD and SotP over Conviction/Crusade. I know that in the english speaking community AD is not seen with the same level of criticism as it is in other communities, but I would have thought that it is common knowledge that Conviction/Crusade nets better TPS than SotP, even post-Naxx.

When i am overequipped enough to pass on the gains of my tankweapon, i prefer tanking with a fish instead.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by EzriEU
    Well, tbh, not bad for an EH gear. Given the quality of the equipment I would assume that this Paladin also has different gearsets for different purposes. And if you take everything into consideration, even this EH gear still provides for > 50% fullavoid.

What strikes me as odd is the talent choice of AD and SotP over Conviction/Crusade. I know that in the english speaking community AD is not seen with the same level of criticism as it is in other communities, but I would have thought that it is common knowledge that Conviction/Crusade nets better TPS than SotP, even post-Naxx.
    Crusade yes, Conviction's pretty close with the T8 bonus. Also I agree people saying that you can't get 37k HP in full UD25 gear because your naxx geared pally can't get over 32k is just... lol...

15+ Year Old Account

Let's see...

Hammer of the Righteous -> based on DPS, so modified by AP but not by SP, check

Shield of Righteousness -> based upon Block Value, so strength and BV items, check

Seal of Vengeance -> AP component is twice the SP component on the DoT, plus the swing component in 3.2 is based on weapon damage, thus AP... check

Holy Shield -> doesn't scale, check

Consecration -> AP and SP component identical, tank weapons/shields give defense, stamina (thus SP), and AP... check

So... uhm... no. The only thing SP gives is threat, and it is beaten by AP by far when it comes to TPS. Also, strength grants mitigation through block, stamina grants effective health (and SP, lulz!), defense grants avoidance.

In short, if you're using SP items, gems, enchants, you fail. Simple as that.

By the way...

Quote Originally Posted by roeleert

ouch >_<
    25.41% dodge + 20.04% parry + 16.94% block + 10.6% miss (yes, you forgot that) + 30% Holy Shield = 102.99 avoidance.
    Block-capped before Diminishing Returns. Add in raid buffs, meaning roughly 170 agility and Kings on top of that, and he's avoidance capped even after DRs cut in. Dodge will go up by roughly 3-4% with raid buffs.

So "ouch" yourself tbh, he's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrdoxe
    flower power!

also why use a shield?
    another flower in your offhand!
    Flowers cant block. Dont make fun about blocking and flowers, okey?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

37k HP = Bullshit?

My Tankadin stats:
    36889 life
    25678 armor
    26.94% dodge
    18.45% parry
    12.33% block

This is nothing special. It is an EH tanking set - even without hardmode items.

I holy light for about 8k uncrit. A bit more in raid. Given my low Spellcrit rate and low cast speed and high pushback from dmg I would NEVER consider healing while tanking. It's just stupid.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by m4ko
    This should never be a reason to cast a holy light.

1. Your holy light is totally LAME as protpala. I got 37k life unbuffed and it doesn't heal nearly enough.
    2. You'd better be DAMN sure you will finish your cast in time. Any dmg on you will extend the cast by a lot because you don't have reduced pushback as protpala. Followed by point 3:
    3. Even 0.1s too slow casting might result in a big hit on you - not only negating the lol-heal but eventually killing you.
    4. There is just no reason to heal. If you are offtank and have nothing to do you might cast a couple flash heals on low-life partymembers if your healers are too slow/bad. However your mana will drain rapidly and your heals are negligible at best.
    I never said you SHOULD heal, I said you CAN heal, nor did I ever say the heals would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by slider
    i've seen pally tanks in the area of 34k unbuffed, but never anything close to 37k. like your armory or i call bs
    My prot pally has 33.9k unbuffed and does not have either of the good stam trinkets yet. So with those it would easily be 37k + he has around 27-28 dodge, 20 parry 20 shield block.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose
    I never said you SHOULD heal, I said you CAN heal, nor did I ever say the heals would be good.
    Well then you should probably write more stuff that has nothing to do with this threat like:

- You CAN just turn around and run out of the instance.
    or
    - You CAN tank with a 2h weapon.
    or
    - You CAN turn your back to the boss to check if your caster camp is fine and jolly.

Because... you know... you technically CAN... *sigh*

15+ Year Old Account

@OP
    PvP: /agree. These damned prot healers.

Even i carry a sp weapon in my bags... but rather for my healing offspecc than tanking.

Protection Paladins are known for having the highest threat anyways, so why the hell use a spell power weapon instead of something giver higher migation / more stamina? :

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by m4ko
    Well then you should probably write more stuff that has nothing to do with this threat like:

- You CAN just turn around and run out of the instance.
    or
    - You CAN tank with a 2h weapon.
    or
    - You CAN turn your back to the boss to check if your caster camp is fine and jolly.

Because... you know... you technically CAN... *sigh*
    Do I have to explain everything to you? Sigh.
    I'm just saying it's very situational that you could heal yourself or someone else to help out the healers while tanking.
    As I said, if the boss is casting a long spell(above 5-6 sec), you got normally some time to heal one or two people. Again, not saying you should do it, only stating that you could help out the healers if needed. The mana cost of one or two heals really isn't gonna hurt you.

How is turning around and running out helping anyone? Besides the boss would catch up with you long before you reach the exit, if it's reachable at all.
    Tanking with a twohanded weapon is only viable for leveling instances and for retri spec paladins. Using such a weapon disables halve your abilities.
    And turning your back against the boss to check on the caster camp is pointless. If they got a problem, they'll yell at you for sure.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

only if u spec holy shock and..wait..
    it used to be a great stat but ignore it now, unless ur going PROLY