Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exorcism for palatanks

I was thinking about a minor Glyph for Exorcism that would make it instant again, but at the cost that you can no longer cast it on players.
    Could be helpfull at a situation where you have adds spawning midfight and you need some immediate threat on it. No offense but the threat from the taunt ability is not that high. I have seen mobs being taunted only to run back while they were running to the paladin tank. An instant cast ability that deals high damage on low cooldown really helps with this. What do you guys think?

Re: Exorcism for palatanks

Taunt will also do damage when A) the taunt is succesful (against a mob, since players are immune) AND B) the mob was not targetting the paladin when he cast taunt (basicly to avoid taunt being used in a rotation as prot for tps)

15+ Year Old Account

seen the taunt changes? 50% of your ap will be used as dmg with hand of reckoning.

if you do it right, you wont need exorcism as tank.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Findecano
    Taunt will also do damage when A) the taunt is succesful (against a mob, since players are immune) AND B) the mob was not targetting the paladin when he cast taunt (basicly to avoid taunt being used in a rotation as prot for tps)
    I know that, but the damage is moderate.

Well, you're supposed to hit the target after taunting them. Not taunt, switch mob, bash other mob.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Well, you're supposed to hit the target after taunting them. Not taunt, switch mob, bash other mob.
    What if the mob is 30 yd away? How you supposed to bash him then? I don't have a death grip ability like death knights you know.
    Lots can happen between travel time of mob to you. You can't always go to the mob cause you will turn your back against the mob you're currently tanking already...

I know cooldown in long but Avenger's Shield?

Even if Exorcism would be glyph-reduced to no cooldown ability it would be major glyph, not minor.

OP is kinda right, but neither warrior or druid have "a death grip ability like death knights you know".
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose
    What if the mob is 30 yd away? How you supposed to bash him then? I don't have a death grip ability like death knights you know.
    Lots can happen between travel time of mob to you. You can't always go to the mob cause you will turn your back against the mob you're currently tanking already...
    I tank the adds on Emalon all the time. They're immune to death grip. I have no issues picking them up.
    Why would you have issues with that or similar situations?

Your taunt will cause 2k+ damage, applied after the taunt. A LOT will have to happen for you to loose control of your mob.

A mob will generally reach melee range by the time your taunt effect is gone.

Pointless crying.
    The only ones who should be crying are druids and warriors cause they have no means of dealing meaningful damage from a range.

Quote Originally Posted by mandrus
    OP is kinda right, but neither warrior or druid have "a death grip ability like death knights you know".
    Charge?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

I tank the adds on Emalon all the time. They're immune to death grip.
    Off topic : Emalon adds are not immune to Death grip.

On topic : Pala-tanks didnt need exorcism as part of their pve rotation, just as a pull - and HoR works fine for that.

Quote Originally Posted by illbanu
    Off topic : Emalon adds are not immune to Death grip.
    They are. The taunt will work, but the pull back won't.
    Don't comment when you've never tanked the emalon adds as a DK.

"Immune to death grip" Suggests that you were saying that they were immune to the taunt.

Dont be a douche to flex your epeen (especially while talking about a srs bznz boss like emalon)

Quote Originally Posted by illbanu
    "Immune to death grip" Suggests that you were saying that they were immune to the taunt.

Dont be a douche to flex your epeen (especially while talking about a srs bznz boss like emalon)
    He was talking about the pull back, I told him the adds are immune to it, you moron.
    Way to be fucking dumb.

Really, shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about, and don't make idiotic excuses.

I understood what he meant.. only a jackass would infer that the whole spell didnt work from what he said.

lol w/e, guess im just an idiot... no need to get all hostile tho =(

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose
    I know that, but the damage is moderate.
    3.2, raidbuffed, we're talking at roughly 2k+ holy damage. Say it was 2k, it would mean roughly 5.4k threat, plus any other existing aggro due to the taunt effect. Plenty while he runs to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mandrus
    I know cooldown in long but Avenger's Shield?

Even if Exorcism would be glyph-reduced to no cooldown ability it would be major glyph, not minor.

First of all, who spoke of reducing the cooldown? I spoke of making it instant again like it's on live servers but only for non-player targets.
    Secondly,
    Warriors and druids got charge ability, which is just as good tbh. You leave your adds where they are without turning your back to them while they are within melee range. Plenty of time to turn all the mobs the way you want them to afterwards. And I was only giving Emalon adds as an example. There are others.
    Whelps and elementals at Sartharion, Guardians at Yogg-Saron, the exploding adds at Freya(maybe bad example, dunno if they even have a threat table), I'm sure there are other examples I can't come up with. I have not seen it happen frequently that adds go back after a taunt, but it has happened to me once or twice, while I was unable to close the distance. I managed to get them back with Righteous Defense though.

Have you already forgotten that Exorcism wasn't available against anything but undead for over 3 years for pally tanks? We did fine without it before, we'll do fine without it again. As for losing your add after you taunt, your dps needs to l2focus and not just attack anything that moves or you need to l2p and quit using spellpower gear.

15+ Year Old Account

I tank the adds on Emalon all the time. They're immune to death grip. I have no issues picking them up.
    Why would you have issues with that or similar situations?

Your taunt will cause 2k+ damage, applied after the taunt. A LOT will have to happen for you to loose control of your mob.

A mob will generally reach melee range by the time your taunt effect is gone.

You're missing the point. No one is attacking the mobs on Emalon, except the overcharged one. If you have to taunt something from 30 yards that a dps has been wailing on the last 2 min or so, then you definately have to consider the possibility of the mob not making it in melee range before it turns back.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I'm glad for the new taunt's power... I'm just kinda sad that the balance of the old spell was changed for PVP to make it useless to anyone but Ret Pallies (Because of the new AoW, they get it instant).

I'll be able to tank without it, of course, it just sucks that something I've been using for so long is no longer a tank spell for the sake of PVPers... Not only that, but it's more useless to Non Ret Pallies then before. Before we could use it on Lock pets as a bit of a boost. Now we can't/shouldn't use it on anyone.

Before someone says it, it's still a few hundred (thousand sometimes?) damage that'll help out in PVP, but the cast time means you are farther from your target, and it's CD prevents much..
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].