Fist - Sword with Fistspec

Hi there

my rogue (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ikat&n=Desiria got http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=39730 yesterday

What would you do? Should I expect better results with the sword offhand without changing my spec? (I will if I get a mh-sword that suits better than the fist.)

any comments appreciated. thx

Re: Fist - Sword with Fistspec

Its not huge upgrade without slow mh sword,try testing a dummy

2 ways:

Spend some gold on WF enhc and you can expect some dps increase with your current build(not much but increase)

or you can just stick with your current weapons and w8 for other drops.

Thadius have nice mh sword,10 man easy to get,you went naxx 25 so it should not be a prob

Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles
    Thread: F**k y*u blizzard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Flavor of the month spec swappers have turned out to be worse on average than players that specialize in one spec.

Fist MH + Sword OH is no longer viable unless you don't have access to equal level weapons that actually benefit the spec.

Fist MH + Dagger OH if you're going combat is the best thing to do, since the best weapons ingame atm for MH are indeed "fists", and swords suck.

At his lvl of progress he couldnt care less what best rogue items in game are,just stick with the best combo you have available ATM even if they are sword/sword
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles
    Thread: F**k y*u blizzard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Flavor of the month spec swappers have turned out to be worse on average than players that specialize in one spec.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    swords suck.
    No they don't :P

It's possible that the CQC talent is slighty better, but if your swords are better than your CQC weapons that's more important. For example, I just upgraded from Calamitys grasp+combatants bootblade to Serilas, blade of the blabla+Rune Etched Nightblade, which shows as a dps increase on the spreadsheet. (Now I just need a void sabre :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll
    No they don't :P

It's possible that the CQC talent is slighty better, but if your swords are better than your CQC weapons that's more important. For example, I just upgraded from Calamitys grasp+combatants bootblade to Serilas, blade of the blabla+Rune Etched Nightblade, which shows as a dps increase on the spreadsheet. (Now I just need a void sabre :P)
    Grab 'The Masticator' off 10 man IC hard mode, I have the bootblade, but haven't managed to get The fist to drop yet.

Use whatever weapon gives the highest MAINhand damage range, spec accordingly, worry about offhands later. If your have a 585 max fist, 585 max mace, and a 605 max sword, use the sword and go sword spec, even if you dont have an offhand sword.
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Just equip the sword, OH is about stats, speed and DPS.
    Since the sword has good stats and has more DPS I would go for it.

I have mace spec, cuz my MH is a mace and I also use a sword in OH.
    If i would have used my mace I lose around 300-500dps.

Basicly cause my OH sword does 19 more DPS then my OH mace.
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

Well, thx for the replies.

I'll put an enh. on it and'll do some autohit-dummy tests... reporting this later on.

thx

I did several checks and tries on a dummy.

Generally I may now pretend that for fok dps you may relay on this rule

offhand dagger dps = offhand fist/sword + itemlevel 10.