Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best tank as of 3.2?

As it says above , which class do you think is going to be the best tank next?
    walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY

Re: Best tank as of 3.2?

With the DK stam nerfs, and the pally buffs I'm gunna guess Paladins.
    AD will make a really massive difference (especially for any hardmodes),
    block is getting buffed and apparently mobs will hit faster and for less making it slightly useful again,
    stam with BoS, SoC/V getting buffed also so dps/threat buff...
    Those are my thoughts anyway...

With the current PTR settings, I think paladins will.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Yet another first poster wasting space. You will do absolutely fine on these boards!

Your question is useless. Already, there's a difference in what tank you use on what boss, and 3.2 will shuffle the whole puzzle again. There is no "best tank" as with DKs at the very beginning, and if there were one again, Blizzard would tone it down very quickly.

Unlikely that there's going to be a huge lot of difference from 3.1, since most guilds have geared those tanks that were best back then...

Voidwalkers.
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

Blizz have already said they are trying to make all tanks viable (i.e. not a 'best' tank) so my bet is.......there will not bw a 'best' tank for all fights

While I will continue to make the argument that any tank can tank any fight...

TEHM WHO IS BARE DURID CAN B 4 TANK.

Yup. I think Paladins with their new CD, and Druids with their general un-nerfed glory, will be next patch's star tanks.

[size=8pt]

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark
    Blizzard said 70 was Chess Board Pvp well 80 Pvp is like checkers, except both teams have chainsaws and can make up their own rules.

Tenacity pets.

Pallies will be the best with the new shield buffs and dks nerfed again. Warriors might be second and im not sure whats happening to druid in patch sodont know how they will be

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    Any tank can tank any Normal Mode but when it comes to hard mode fights, many of which emphasise using as few healers as possible (hodir), and have large, but predictable damage spikes (hodir again, also vezax, mimi, IC), DKs currently have a big advantage over everyone else.

I am still a little suspicious of the new pally CD, in situations such as mimi's plasma blast, where you have an extended period of massive damage (as opposed to say, a 3d sarth flame breath, which is one mega hit) then not only are you going to sap healers mana vs shield wall, but if they do let you die, then the follow up attack will still likely kill you unless your healers are very fast/lucky.
    I'd tend to agree that paladins are getting buffed slightly considering they were below all other tanks on the CD list. Block buff is affecting warriors and paladins. So possibly push the warriors and paladins ahead of the curve a little but i think it will level the playing field.

oh and for the record: I'm a paladin tank who tanks all the 10man hard modes, well except for vezax thus far, just fine... I solo tank hodir, and don't really have any problems with the rest of the zone as far as MT goes.

me

/thread
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi
    I'd tend to agree that paladins are getting buffed slightly considering they were below all other tanks on the CD list. Block buff is affecting warriors and paladins. So possibly push the warriors and paladins ahead of the curve a little but i think it will level the playing field.

oh and for the record: I'm a paladin tank who tanks all the 10man hard modes, well except for vezax thus far, just fine... I solo tank hodir, and don't really have any problems with the rest of the zone as far as MT goes.
    as opposed to?

i dnt see many good bears, dks getting a nerf. pallies will be on top with their buff, and warriors will follow. again dnt c many good bears.

but thats also a general statement based on the fight. each tank is going to be handy for a different fight.

all in all im guessing there will be a decent balance between the 4 tanks.

Warriors always were and always will be the best tanks. Vanilla to present. Flame on.

Best tank is the one who knows how to do his/her job. I know pali/dk tanks (Naxx25 and Ulduar 25 geared) who can't tank properly UP (even less Naxx or Ulduar), but there you go.

Everyone and their mother can perform well enough in this game to reach end goals. It disgusts me! Oh glory the days when it actually was cool to enter a raid instance. Now people in greens expect to be able to clear it.

DKs have been pretty powerful at some point.
    Decently on par now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainick
    as opposed to?
    as opposed to using a frost-resist tank for the frozen blows
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

15+ Year Old Account

This thread makes me cry.

The simple fact that someone wants to know who the best tank is means that the WoW community has failed. Tanks shouldn't compete - they should hold aggro and survive.

R.I.P. YARG