Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Kitty DPS: Hit? & Anything Else You Think I Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by insurgi

spend 30 mins of this will make u more smarter then reading QQ posts here.
    More smarter. Nuff said. :-p

kidding, kidding.

Don't worry, I'm not gemming for exp. Soft cap is 26, right? With it on my gear, I'm sitting around 18 last I checked. I haven't logged on yet today. I am still gemmed for hit, though. I think I'm only sitting at about 3.5% I only have like.. 3 gem slots right now though. lol (EDIT: I lied. 5.58%. 183 hit.)

Also, thank you! I had not even thought to check Ensidia's site. I'll definitely have a look.

I was using DoTimers, but now I'm using NeedToKnow to monitor my debuffs, other mangles, trauma, and anything else useful. Very nice addon. Now I'm just using DoTimer for my regular buffs and debuffs and cooldown tracking.

I do have FBN turned on. Going to try looking at it as little as possible, and see where that gets me. Practice makes perfect, and I intend on working on it.

I will probably be going back to reread things on EJ, Of Teeth and Claws, and any other Kitty blog I can find.

I've found Badkitty gives me the icons to watch for kitty timers while FeralByNight gets in the way, but it sounds like you have your timer watching sorted.

Aside from that, 183 hit is far more like it and if you still need more, you can go PvP for a Hit trinket from Wintergrasp or honor, my recommendations for preraid gear can be found in the the Cat guide here and I deliberately highlighted hit items for this reason. As others have said, it is important because it eases up on your rotation and that rotation does take some skill. How much is debatable, but it is more challenging than some others.

Make sure you keep your Savage Roar up of course, even if it only means getting one hit to activate it, 30% DPS down the drain is not a fun buff to lose. I put Rip in just after I do every finisher to make sure it stays up for its extra DPS and so I don't forget about it, watch Mangle's timer where i need to, keep Rip up and occasionally manage to sneak in a Ferocious bite. that extra 12k or so from a full Ferocious Bite is the thing the hit rating will really get you as it makes it more likely you'll get those crits and quick finishers to keep both SR and Rip up at the same time. It's all about keeping every timer ticking, do that and your DPS will go through the roof.

As you gear up, you'll find yourself regearing to get rid of expertise, it's on nearly every piece of leather in Naxx, so you're essentially right to not worry about that. Oh and when you can, grab the rip idol, it'll be better for you for quite a while until you make the choice about Armor penetration at high gear levels with the armor pen proc trinkets.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by acuteangina
    Taking notes from banned ppl?
    Fyi getting banned doesnt automatically make you bad, but
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    They banned Exodus, not Ensidia, fanboy.

In short. Ensidia's guide is wrong. Go read EJ. Ignore hit cap (ofc don't go over it), ignore expertise cap. Gem agi/enchant agi till you have 200arp from gear. Then swap out everything you can for arp.

Tun himself has said that he realises how he gears may not be the best way of gearing, but he prefers it that way. Go figure.

Really, if you can handle the misses/dodges ignore hit/exp and if you can handle sometimes having to shred more than three times for 5cp dont go agi either. Its all about how flexible you can be with your rotation.

Oh yeah. FbN forever. Nightcrowler is generally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothar
    Wow have any of u guys done ulduar, there are a ton of boss fights where ur facing the boss.

Bosses like Kologarn and Auriaya witch u will be facing them most of the time and are not able to use shred, witch by the way sucks.
    "A ton of" is definitely an exaggeration, and you can actually shred at Auriaya. It's easy to move temporarily in front of her when she casts her Sonic Screech.

Quote Originally Posted by EzriEU
    Ugh....

Ever played a Feral Druid? If you can't stand behind the boss you may as well tank, go afk or heal, since your DPS will be terrible anyway. Not even respeccing to a completely Mangle-based spec will save you.

So why the hell gem for Expertise?
    Not being able to shred certainly lowers your dps, but I still manage to do decent dps on bosses like Kologarn. Strange, huh?
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

I gem/enchant for hit and expertise caps. I found that the missed attacks messed up my rotation too much and I lost a lot more dps than if I just capped.
    I still do over 4500 target dummy.

It might also have something to do with me being main spec resto, only getting to play feral once a week or so (excluding dailies), and overall being bad at dps. Feralbynight and those caps are what allow me to dps decently.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Deleted

My guide is wrong? Sorry to hear that, not sure which part you're refering to tho. My gear setup is pretty much the best you can get, and it gets you close to the hit/exp caps. If you dont like having the caps, fine, but you lose out on a lot of DPS if you miss a finisher with 2 seconds left on SR.

Nightcrowler isn't right. Maybe you should examin his shitty c++ code for FeralByNight. It's a pile of shit and Im amazed it even runs.

Basically, what my guide tries to do is make you think for yourself. Dont just go read some forum and draw conclusions based on what people tell you. It's not really hard trying out stuff for yourself.

I'd like to hear how my guide is "wrong" tho. I mean, really, I would. If I agree with you, I can edit my guide.