Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

T9 Raiding, Pathetic

Are they for real with this new raid content? I hope this is a late April fools joke. In all my time in wow since release this has to be the saddest content to be presented to the raid community. Unless their is a hidden clause for just exactly what this content serves to do, but I doubt it. Well at least its summer time and gives me a good reason to take a short break until something more on the scale of passed raid encounters comes out. This patch for raiding just does not interest me and a lot of other long time raiders I speak to.

The Maybe's....
    Maybe they down scaled it becuase of the amount of effort being placed on Icecrown.
    Maybe they wanted to put more for focus on Isle of conquest, haven't had a real pvp based patch in years.
    Maybe these T9 are to make Ulduar hard modes easier, which they will. a lot of the gear from them are top notch and not every guild is farming them. Only 7% with yogg dead... Gear does carry people somewhat.
    Maybe they want us to be stightly not interested to blow us away at Blizzcon with new announcements. "we have icecrown, 60 wings, 120 hard modes and will keep you busy until our new mmo comes out!"

my rant hate me love me, see you in game. sometime again.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: T9 Raiding, Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by keniacon
    Are they for real with this new raid content?
    Yes

I hope this is a late April fools joke.
    Nope.

C
    x

I hate you because Blizzard is giving you content and you're complaining already. You haven't even seen what the bosses do. Maybe they're the hardest bosses imaginable and the top guilds will spend weeks trying to get them down. Either way, I'm sick of QQ and I'm glad people like you are leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Put together your own MMO-based game and release a raiding instance that impresses 100% of the community then come back and whine.

I somewhat have to agree with you. It's a joke what they are offering with the new patch. Not to mention, it was already getting to casual so everyone can get the latest Tier in no time but itll be even easier as of the new patch.

I do think blizzard had the summer in mind when they discussed this patch behind doors and what to serve us with. There is always a dropdown in playerbase during the summermonths and this way they might attract some more of the casuals to stick around during summertime.

Another option is kinda like you said, they might OMFGWOWWHATTHEHELL surprise us in a while with the Icecrown patch, nuffin helps that better then pushing a somewhat dumb patch before that. It'll make Icecrown look that much more interesting.

Only thing that does attract me in the new patch is the boss with the memories of old bosses. I really do hope we somehow get to fight these old bosses in some spectacular way ^^ Would be ultranice imo

my 2 cents ^^

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amantisia
    I somewhat have to agree with you. It's a joke what they are offering with the new patch. Not to mention, it was already getting to casual so everyone can get the latest Tier in no time but itll be even easier as of the new patch.
    Omigosh! Who would've thought a game aimed at a wide audience would try to cater for a large amount of people?!

C
    x

Are they for real with this new raid content? I hope this is a late April fools joke. In all my time in wow since release this has to be the saddest content to be presented to the raid community. Unless their is a hidden clause for just exactly what this content serves to do, but I doubt it. Well at least its summer time and gives me a good reason to take a short break until something more on the scale of passed raid encounters comes out. This patch for raiding just does not interest me and a lot of other long time raiders I speak to.

The Maybe's....
    Maybe they down scaled it becuase of the amount of effort being placed on Icecrown.
    Maybe they wanted to put more for focus on Isle of conquest, haven't had a real pvp based patch in years.
    Maybe these T9 are to make Ulduar hard modes easier, which they will. a lot of the gear from them are top notch and not every guild is farming them. Only 7% with yogg dead... Gear does carry people somewhat.
    Maybe they want us to be stightly not interested to blow us away at Blizzcon with new announcements. "we have icecrown, 60 wings, 120 hard modes and will keep you busy until our new mmo comes out!"

You have NO information at all besides some screenshots, some datamined achievements and sound files and your own fantasy.

You haven't played it. You cannot judge difficulty, scale, epicness and fun of the new raid because it IS NOT AVAILABLE YET.

Judge content when fully available. Don't play the disgruntled fan when there's nothing to bitch about.

First time when I read about Colliseum raid I was disappointed. But now when I read more about this place and think more about this content I must say: maybe its not bad idea?

Deleted

The question is: Who cares some nobody comes and tell us he doesn't like the new content?

I was a bit dissapointed, too when I saw the first screenshots of the colloseum, was hoping for something like...you know...36th chamber of the shaolin style ;D
    still don't like it too much, but after listening to the audio with thrall etc I'm actually quite excited about the lore it will bring. I hope wrynn and garrosh will go completely nuts, fight and die. and then jaina will be in command of the alliance forces

Deleted

Seriously.

Where are you people getting your Crystal balls from, you are quite confidently calling this Pathetic without knowing anything about the raid itself apart from the fact it's a collesium.

We are getting new content for basically free. People who remember everquest had to go and buy all the f#^@ing expansions each time not just download them. For a filler content like ZA was, it's pretty good this go around I'd say. New battleground, new raid with an interesting system for progression through it, nerfs to some people that need them. I would say blizzard is doing what they need to and kudos to them.

i have a feeling that yes this patch is just something to get in b4 icecrown citadel but just as speculation with the speed they are pumping out these patches that Icecrown citadel patch will be either b4 2010 or right after but even then we arent going to be able to go RIGHT into the instance i'm actually thinking that we will do a AQ based gather before the raid opens

they might even throw in 2 raids in 3.2 cause we havent gotten our troll-lawl instance yet

The "raid" content is quite underwhelming, but that might be what it takes to prepare them for 10 normal/10 hard/25 normal/25 hard etc.

I love the idea of this instance, a dungeon where you dont have to clear trash between bosses is my dream. Who cares if the bosses are just creatures and not old gods, or robots or crap like that. I also wouldnt be suprised if there was some kind of twist in the instance

Where in the TOS does it state that every major patch will out do the last as far as raid content? We are lucky to even get new raids IMO. Plus, look at all of the other things being implemented: Epic gems, huge profession changes, major class nerfs/buffs. Patches are about more than just raids.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm not going to comment on the quality of the raid because, as so many have pointed out, we haven't seen it yet.

But here is my question. The Tournament has been setup to allow non raiding players to get iLvl 200-213 or so gear. A raid set in the Tournament leads me to believe it'll be a difficulty level aimed at these players. Yet it's dropping high tier gear.

So my question is just on difficultly. Can we expect a true upgrade in difficulty from T8 content, or is this just a easy mode tier of content consistent with the environment (the Tournament)?
    Keep Calm and Chive On!

Have you tested the raid? Have you killed the bosses yet?

How the Hell do you take conclusions that a raid is not hard enough if you haven't been in the raid in the first place? As a matter of fact no one has.

I believe that the 4 raid lockouts are a great idea too, they can make 10-25 normal of Ulduar or more difficulty and satisfy most players and 10-25 Heroic a Alone In The Darkness difficulty trying appeasing the Hardcores which is a tough job, since they are on a boss 10h a day, they are bound to finish the instance much faster than the time it took to make it.

In my opinion thats the problem of Hardcores they demand tough challenges and when they beat them they want new content right away, thats why Blizzard moved away from them, its like trying to fill a bowl with no end, they will never be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by viovio
    Where in the TOS does it state that every major patch will out do the last as far as raid content? We are lucky to even get new raids IMO. Plus, look at all of the other things being implemented: Epic gems, huge profession changes, major class nerfs/buffs. Patches are about more than just raids.
    My 20$ a month, there better be god damn new content, sorry, but unlike some, i like more for my money.

I don't know what game you're playing at $20 a month.