Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: T9 Raiding, Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Drawme
    You've got stuff stronger than Kel'thuzad, stronger than Malygos, stronger than <insert older raid boss here> caged as your personal training match? That's *dumb*.
    "Level" (or "itemlevel", for that matter) is only a game mechanism. That a boss only hits some guy in plate, holding up a shield and doesn't just spam his deadly Aoe, is only a game mechanism. That a healer, even a very powerful one, even in this fantasy world, can heal severe wounds in mere moments is only a game mechanism. "Progress" is only a game mechanism that makes players strive for "better gear", and, honestly spoken, it's what makes this game interesting even after you've seen all the current content.

The next boss can not always be a more powerful one than the last one. Plus, in a "real world" implementation, even a "Level 5" Defias Bandit could stab you in the back, instantly killing you.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'd lol and not be surprised if we had to fight the bosses on jousting horses.

omg i r so 1137 wit my purple epix and legendary lance of the queen of ogrimmar. dood this thing is a .01% drop from the big worm in the coliseum you have to drop you lance when he spits poison on then turn into the mograine to make it legendary.

Like some others, I was pretty disappointed when I first heard about it, but it really does have the possibility to be pretty cool. I'm hoping there's some "on the fly" thinking involved, meaning you won't know what encounter you're going to get until they come out of the gates.

I'm not talking like opera here, I mean no indication what-so-ever. Maybe when you wipe, a different boss comes out rather than the same one. I like the idea of not being able to talk about the fight for 30 minutes before the pull, explaining exactly what every person must do.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever
    And after all this instance does have something that players have been asking for, for quite a while. Anub Arak!!!! Anub Arak will now have his very own raid and he ll be a difficult boss like he always deserved to be.
    Anub'arak's return is part of a devious plot, see.

"Ahhhh... So the adventurers have finally arrived. Aha, you look surprised, fleshy mortals. You thought you killed me. But oh, no, no, no, no.... What happened in Azjol'nerub was merely a setback of sorts. (c wut i did thar?) A planned setback.... Allow me to explain."

"This ambush has been planned for some time, little wretches. I was stationed in Azjol'nerub with most of my vast powers stored within a phylactery, much like that of a lich, so I could be slain, and then be resurrected in secret, returning to animated death, regaining my power, with you blissfully unaware of my ongoing undeath."

"And then, the second part of the plan... Bwahhahah... Your lack of knowledge of my life has allowed me to ambush you in such a way that would have succeeded even if you knew I was... Erh. I seem to have found a flaw in my master's plan... But... You shall nevertheless fall, fleshy mortals! For now, I have you right.... Where I want you! Twenty-five well-articulated... Errr.. Adventurers... Trapped in a room... With me. Despite the fact that, with my full power..... I could have easily picked you off in Azjol'nerub..."

"... That bastard. I think he set me up."

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy
    sounds like you fail on Firefighter a lot
    or haven't tried it yet ?
    Need to change sentences like that now. Firefighter Aint even challenging anymore
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

People will always complain before they actually see the actual facts.

People will complain whether they get buffs or nerfs. They will complain whether they get new content or no content. They will complain about new content being too hard or about it being too easy. They will complain ...

Why?

Because everyone expects wow to cater to THEIR views/opinions/likes/dislikes.

I'd hate to shatter your universe, but this GAME is catering to millions of players. They don't "have" to or "need" to cater to your preferences. They simply need to do what works for the majority.

You cant please everyone.

However, seriously, complaining about something that you haven't seen yet. Thats going TOO FAR.

At least wait will someone tries those bosses on the PTR. Wait till you know the full fights before you complain.

Fine you don't like the idea of a Colosseum. After fighting an old god, a random monster sounds a tad disappointing.

But let me ask you, how many old gods, demons, heroes, villains have you killed so far in wow?

Chances are no matter what they give you, you will complain. The attitude of complain whenever you see a change is getting extremely annoying.

Its a GAME meant to allow you to have fun and enjoy it; interact with your friends and random people on the Internet.

Take a step back, take a deep breath and think about things. Heck I don't always like or understand the changes that go on in wow.
    But I don't go around NERD RAGE OVER NINE THOUSAND every time there's a change. I think it over, I take time to process.

There are still plenty of changes going on, give it time.

Give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback not just complaining.

I personally am looking forward to this new raid. The lore intrigues me, and the whole alliance + horde under the same roof is kind of interesting. I'm dying to see what Garosh does with alliance around him. Yet, at the same time I'm also happy to see what the raids and the 5 mans and the new pvp area are going to be like.

Try to think positive. Its a game meant for your enjoyment. If you are going to be angry over a game, then it lost its purpose and you should think whether you should be playing it still.

i kinda like the idea of no trash and just boss after boss =) i do hope then they just keep coming ie you have like one minute to rez the dead drink rebuff and shit that would fun imo

I gotta admit, at first I was like "Meh this tournament is kind of bland" Then I saw that at one point the bottom of the room collapses and then you end up in fighting Anub'Arak again, which made me very happy.

Then again, the coliseum is also a very good use of lore, here we will see the horde and alliance's leaders show what they really think about each other.

Quote Originally Posted by keniacon
    Are they for real with this new raid content? I hope this is a late April fools joke. In all my time in wow since release this has to be the saddest content to be presented to the raid community. Unless their is a hidden clause for just exactly what this content serves to do, but I doubt it. Well at least its summer time and gives me a good reason to take a short break until something more on the scale of passed raid encounters comes out. This patch for raiding just does not interest me and a lot of other long time raiders I speak to.

The Maybe's....
    Maybe they down scaled it becuase of the amount of effort being placed on Icecrown.
    Maybe they wanted to put more for focus on Isle of conquest, haven't had a real pvp based patch in years.
    Maybe these T9 are to make Ulduar hard modes easier, which they will. a lot of the gear from them are top notch and not every guild is farming them. Only 7% with yogg dead... Gear does carry people somewhat.
    Maybe they want us to be stightly not interested to blow us away at Blizzcon with new announcements. "we have icecrown, 60 wings, 120 hard modes and will keep you busy until our new mmo comes out!"

my rant hate me love me, see you in game. sometime again.
    Man, you're clever. Really clever. And also interesting. Ever considered spreading your wisdom throughout the masses? Donate your sperm immediately, please, for all our sakes.

Really, my point is that I don't get your complaint and none of your thoughts are cohesive arguments... hell, they aren't even cohesive opinions. It's cool if you DO something, and then call it too easy or too hard or pathetic or super coolio or whatever. But, good god, pulling random numbers out of a hat and using them to prop up half-formed ideas in order to trash raid content you barely even talk about and have never actually seen (and certainly never attempted)? Do I really need to emphasize this so much in order to prove how... dare I say it... pathetic, that is?

Gotta love people complaining before its even out ^^

you do realize that each boss has a certain number of attempts before de-spawning right?

Zoialord

Well i gotta say aint WoW great....

In Vanilla we never really got anything content wise and the complaint's were even less. A lot in Vanilla from what i remember just said about how hard thing's were. In TBC they did bring us some great content and an Ok-ish story (wasn't really my cup of tea tbh to much of a break away from old azeroth, but that was the point, something new and refreshing). The story in tbc felt as if it was clumbsy, thrown together crap that had no real start or end.

Enter Wrath, yeah in the first few tier's we have seen a remake of a endgame raid (Naxx) and watched it simplified and imo spoiled for new players, they all think thing's should come with free tier sets now >.<. Ulduar from what i've heard can be a challenge on many different level's, but still has some "walk in the park" bosses. Then we get Colliseum... something that by the looks of it and how it's layed out is one big "F-U" to The lich king, Were holding a tournament to find the one's who are going to march on icecrown in Lich King's back yard. With some of the main char's all being involved aswell, Wrynn, Fordring, Proudmoore, Garosh, Thrall.

Then imo for Lich King to prove a point he bring's back Anub'arak. Pretty much proving that under his domain nothing really can be vanquished or killed as long as he is still there.

The lore to the colliseum imo has the feel already of some of the great quests in Vanilla. Things like the battle for darrowshire, the whole story to it was great. Also thing's like Tirion where we had the quest's to find memories to break the scarlet's hold on his son.

I'm an old school raider and i will admit upto now the raid's in Wrath have not interested me at all, i have not bothered with Naxx (i raided that when it was hard). I dont find the whole titan thing entertaining so havn't and wont bother with Ulduar... but Colliseum is by just the sounds of it and the lore behind it kinda wetting my appetite to get back to raiding.

Deleted

Either you stick to discussing the topic, preferably in a somewhat mature way, or we lock this thread.

No one is interested in your 1v1 childish arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelic
    Omigosh! Who would've thought a game aimed at a wide audience would try to cater for a large amount of people?!

C
    x
    Personally, that's not the main factor for me, at least in this case. What personally irritates me, is the Ring of Blood style of it.

Good for one boss encounter, not an entire raid instance. Sure, the bosses can and still probably will be difficult, more so once hardmodes are factored in, but as for originality... typical Blizzard failure.

My god! Your right! Ring of blood style Raid? How unorginal, they should go back to those types of instances wth all the little guys inbetween each of the big guys. Or the type with only one big guy in.

I belive it is orginal when you do something that hasn't been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Revoka
    Gotta love people complaining before its even out ^^

you do realize that each boss has a certain number of attempts before de-spawning right?
    If I remember it correctly, you only have a limited about of attempts in the heroic mode 10man/25man and not in the normal mode 10man/25man.

When you wipe on one encounter, the raid instance is done for the week.. you don't get a second chance till Instance reset time.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Either you stick to discussing the topic, preferably in a somewhat mature way, or we lock this thread.

No one is interested in your 1v1 childish arguments.
    this whole thread is Childish,

Honestly, imo here's how it works
    We pay 15 bucks a Month
    Blizzard throw's Constant graphics and pixels at us
    we move our mouses and press a couple of Buttons
    Boom, Boss dead, free Loot let's all go to bed now.
    I dont get it, what's there to argue about? ???

What this game needs is some unfiltered, raw, hardcore, STARFOX style raids!

Imagine 25 dragons zooming through the mountains of azoroth and northrend fighting and dodging a barrage of arial attacking demons and dragons. Make it a scripted movement fight but the enemies will vary each attempt. Make it with the hardcore-ness of TopGun on the NES but with the witty comments from PEPPY! "DO A BARREL ROLL"

I can't wait to raid that.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

What's wrong with t9? Sounds awesome to me.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

When 3.3 releases and we have to face the Lich King, I want EVERYONE in Tier 9 ready to roll so that EVERYONE gets to experience the best expansion yet for World of Warcraft.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -