Please help max my dps

Hello,

I'm trying to max out my dps for the gear that i have
    i have read the Combat Comprendum topic and followed it to the best of my abilities.

what i need help with is, i dont know if my jems are the right setup and what food buff i should use.
    I want to squeeze out the most dps I can. With the setup i have right now with the fish food buff,kingsand might
    i always have in my 25 man naxx grp. I can push between 4000-4500 dps on most bosses.
    i tried to use multiple spreadsheets but they all dont have my correct gear setup in the drop downs.
    It is always missing one or 2 of my gear.

if someone has a updated spreadsheet please link or please help me with the best setup possible.

i know i need the better enchant for chest and i am working on the hodir rep still.

ps: i can get the cloak from the badges if needed (sharkskin cloak) i have access to any food buff and flask
    i usually use the fish feast and sometimes use flask of neverending rage.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gan&n=Chiargan

thank you in advance

Re: Please help max my dps

Not to be rude, but someone is going to say it. Do some reading, some actual work yourself and your dps will go up. Coming here saying "fix me plz bc I just dont wanna do it" wont get you far.

Use a spreadsheet, learn to energy pool. Your saying yourself you are using spreadsheets right? then use them. If your spreadsheets dont list some of your gear, they are just fine, its you who needs to update gear. They dont cover every item out there just most of the lastest ones that any serious dps'er would have or be trying to get. Plug in what gear you do have and leave blank the slots that dont list your gear :/ , worst case.

Your stuff is fine, none of it seems really badly gemmed or anything, just get your rotation down and stay on target more, less movement = more dps
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Quote Originally Posted by Dkt
    Not to be rude, but someone is going to say it. Do some reading, some actual work yourself and your dps will go up. Coming here saying "fix me plz bc I just dont wanna do it" wont get you far.

Use a spreadsheet, learn to energy pool.
    Did you miss the part where he's used spreadsheets and is asking for one with his gear?

Derpdeeder.

Here's a reasonably up-to-date spreadsheet: http://elitistjerks.com/attachments/...combat_1.1.xls

As for your gear, the only mistake I can see, apart from the enchants you mentioned, is that you have two purple gems. Replace one with a red gem, since you only need one blue for the meta and the socket bonuses aren't worth using blue gems.

Deleted

If you aren't helping him get off this topic and leave posts to peeple who do like to help others.

im trying to open the sheet for the first time, and all values are Err:502. Im using open office. any hints?

EDIT : NWM seems like sheets wont work in open office.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmodan
    im trying to open the sheet for the first time, and all values are Err:502. Im using open office. any hints?

EDIT : NWM seems like sheets wont work in open office.
    They will, believe aldriana creates his in Oo actually, and I've used it in that myself.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Chiargan
    Hello,

I'm trying to max out my dps for the gear that i have
    i have read the Combat Comprendum topic and followed it to the best of my abilities.

what i need help with is, i dont know if my jems are the right setup and what food buff i should use.
    I want to squeeze out the most dps I can. With the setup i have right now with the fish food buff,kingsand might
    i always have in my 25 man naxx grp. I can push between 4000-4500 dps on most bosses.
    i tried to use multiple spreadsheets but they all dont have my correct gear setup in the drop downs.
    It is always missing one or 2 of my gear.

if someone has a updated spreadsheet please link or please help me with the best setup possible.

i know i need the better enchant for chest and i am working on the hodir rep still.

ps: i can get the cloak from the badges if needed (sharkskin cloak) i have access to any food buff and flask
    i usually use the fish feast and sometimes use flask of neverending rage.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gan&n=Chiargan

thank you in advance
    As you have the spreadsheet you should likely be able to find the source too (on EJ forums). There are a few posts in there on how to add you own gear and 20 minutes flicking through the thread will likely make the process fairly painless for you in future.

As far as gemming goes the spreadsheet above has a decent front sheet for combat. A couple of thing need to be pointed out with it though:

1) It assumes you have JC as one of your professions and thus the dragons eye gems. As these instantly fill the role of a blue/yellow gem for "one of each to activate the meta" you need to ignore the socket recommendations on 1 piece of gear and stick a blue gem in it. For the sake of 2/3 DPS if you are loaded an enchanted tear is the best "blue" gem (it is actually prismatic). Look at each of the socket bonuses, whichever is strongest is where the "blue" goes (as a general rule of thumb if the head has a blue socket that's likely the best place for it) If an enhanced tear is outside your budget (350ish on my server) grab an AP/Stamina purple until T8 4 set bonus, once you have T8 4 set bonus you generally switch over to Agi/Stamina (until VERY high/ulduar hardmode gear then ArP/Stamina).

2) As far as max dps goes: Blow cooldowns early, I open with (ignoring the sinisters needed to get the points as they are obvious) 1 point slice, adren rush, blade flurry, 5 point rupture then start the usual 5slice/5rupture/5evis cycle (you should be able to fit an extra evis in somewhere tho due to adren rush being blown). Get Killing Spree used and cooling down as early into the fight as possible (after the Adren Rush has finished tho, capping energy is always bad) then just blow each cooldown as it becomes available.

The only time you need to stress about Heroism/Bloodlust is if you have a trinket with crit/ap on demand (ok with exception but it's a good general rule of thumb, too many players leave everything on cooldown for ages waiting for Hero/Blood). Of course if you know when Hero/Blood will be used it might be worth trying to line up some cooldowns with it.

I currently hit around 6.5k dps with my gear on a "sit and hit it" fight (eg ignis if your not retarded or steelbreaker without hard mode) which is fairly close to the 6.8 predicted by the spreadsheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    If you aren't helping him get off this topic and leave posts to peeple who do like to help others.
    and you did what exactly to help in this post? should listen to your own advice.
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Quote Originally Posted by airmikee
    Did you miss the part where he's used spreadsheets and is asking for one with his gear?
    Did you miss the part where he said he only "tried" to use a spreadsheet, and you also must have missed his armory link that would have let you know his gear is not in the latest spreadsheet? because his gear is not near BiS? apparently you did.

I told him to keep using the spreadsheet, since he said he only tried to. And I told him to energy pool and get his rotation down, both of which he can learn from once again...referring back to the spreadsheet. Last I checked it shows when to energy pool and what your rotation should be, when your gear is in check thats the only way to go up is to maximize time on boss, minimize movement and get rotation down to second nature.

All of which I said, but you were busy trying to be elieeeeeete and actually didnt post anything of use at all.

Quote from: Sarac on July 02, 2009, 01:56:57 am

Quote Originally Posted by Dkt
    and you did what exactly to help in this post? should listen to your own advice.
    I lol'd