Frost DW DPS Results, with screenshots.

It's actually pretty good. Check my screenshots

Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...geras&n=Jackey

Spec:
    15/56/0 (no virulence due to making up more hit through gear since we're DWing neways)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10048

Initial DPS, self buffed, using the coliseum trinket, the badge helm and shoulders. Malice MH, and Stormrender OH (Slow, Fast)

BTW- Blood Tap still works the same way it does now, i guess it's just a wording change. it still immediately refreshes the cooldown on blood rune and turns it into a death rune... just fyi :P

Re: Frost DW DPS Results, with screenshots.

Don't you get 12% damage from http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=49538

2 questions

#1 were you using one or 2 diseases

#2 why hungering cold, won't that point be better invested in virulence?

btw easy even with the 12% more dmg i've alculated that that was about a 500 dps increase so 3.5k ish dps isn't that bad either

PTR?

Classical dummy example.

1. Don't spec Merciless Combat when testing dummies.
    2a. Find a clean dummy
    2b. Find a dummy with all raid buffs

Now, the results are good, but since the dummy had both low HP and Ebon Plaguebringer, they are a bit misguiding landing you somewhere between unbuffed and raid buffed to nearly what you should expect in a 5 man.

Also, aren't the Colosseum trinket and most procs in general bugged to kingdom come on PTR atm? Colosseum trinket being a 100% up time for a really powerful buff, and procs in general from talents not working when they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahtamori
    Classical dummy example.

1. Don't spec Merciless Combat when testing dummies.
    2a. Find a clean dummy
    2b. Find a dummy with all raid buffs

Now, the results are good, but since the dummy had both low HP and Ebon Plaguebringer, they are a bit misguiding landing you somewhere between unbuffed and raid buffed to nearly what you should expect in a 5 man.

Also, aren't the Colosseum trinket and most procs in general bugged to kingdom come on PTR atm? Colosseum trinket being a 100% up time for a really powerful buff, and procs in general from talents not working when they should.
    1. 4.2k DPS when peaked, just subtract the bonus dmg (12%+ 13% from frost strike due to ebon plague) from obliterate and frost strike.

Use single disease rotation, occasionally using plague strike when i had a blood/ death rune and refreshed FF with howling blast glyph.

Wouldn't you want Slow/Slow weapons? Fast weapon in your OH lowers the dmg of all your melee special abilities. Also, like other posters have said, dummy dps is useless. Get in a raid and show dps from there... Also, yes all procs are currently bugged on PTR, making these results even more useless...
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

The way ToT works is that it takes the dmg of your Mainhand Atk and halves it basically... then it's up'd by Nerves of Steel 15% more dmg.

So a slow/ fast works very well especially to proc more cinderglaciers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackey
    The way ToT works is that it takes the dmg of your Mainhand Atk and halves it basically... then it's up'd by Nerves of Steel 15% more dmg.

So a slow/ fast works very well especially to proc more cinderglaciers.
    The tool tip actually says "... XX% chance to deal damage with your offhand weapon". That is NOT = to doing 1/2 of your Main hand weapon. So unless the tool tip is wrong, Slow/Slow will do more damage on melee specials. Also, many many procs in the game were changed to PPM, was Cinderglacier not changed? And do we know that Cinderglacier and not dual FC will be the way to go? Last time I checked the EJ forums a lot of things were still up in the air...
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

First, that's not at all how ToT works. The wording on the patch notes reflect the normal offhand damage penalty: 50%. However, other talents increase offhand damage to 65%. In either case it has nothing to do with your main hand. To verify this take off all your gear and put a white weapon in your main hand and whatever slow epic you'd normally main hand in your offhand. Your offhand damage when setup like this should be slightly higher than your main hand.

Secondly, using a fast weapon in your offhand will reduce Cinderglacier procs not increase them. Cinderglacier is PPM based, meaning the base weapon speed is considered to determine the percentage chance to proc and that percentage is then applied to instant attacks. This means that when instant attacks are considered a slow weapon will give a higher chance to proc. For instance with a 1PPM effect like CG and using a 2.6 speed weapon the proc rate is 4.3%. With a 1.5 speed weapon this would be reduced to 2.5%. This means with a slow offhand you'll be gaining about .625 additional procs. That's kind of moot however because Cinderglacier is a horrible runeforge for PVE dps. On PTR currently you should be using FC + RI or dual FC.

Anyway, don't use a spec with Merciless combat because it complicates the numbers a hell of a lot and certainly don't test on a mob that's being debuffed by other targets. Dummy tests can be useful, but this is horribly flawed. You'd have to reduce HB/Disease/Ob/FS all by different values, then consider other values like health percentage. From what I can see you're gaining about 900 DPS from those advantages, but that could be way off... without a complete parse. Not worth it.

have to agree with previous posts but i have no clue how it works so if you could try it with slow/slow and see if it does better just to see.

i want to test it however, i dont have another slow item lvl 232+ wep

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkia
    I did 5.5k dps on PTR with blood spec 2hand weapon. So it doesnt seem like dw will be that awesome. But I dont know
    I believe blood spec was overtuned.. Again.

Blood is decent on the current PTR, but it's nothing over the top as compared to live. Nothing even close to the drama that 6x BS builds would have caused if they went live. Hi 15k DPS! :

Frost and Blood are pretty even on PTR though, the problem is Unholy. UB at 30% would have made Unholy competitive, but at 20% Unholy is suffering pretty bad. Screwing up the rotation while nerfing the main part of the rotation wasn't a great plan for what was already the lowest DPS spec with top progression gear.