Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineering respec available!

Update: 06.30 6:15 PM PDT

Here are a couple of additional changes coming in 3.2 that are not yet in the PTR patch notes:

Using engineering bombs should no longer remove a druid from any druid form.

Engineers will now be able to switch between Gnomish Engineering and Goblin Engineering for a fee.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/18031...g-changes.html

/cheers

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

Re: Engineering respec available!

Quote Originally Posted by Frunhilda
    It's normal since the proffesion will change so much.
    Define "normal"... afaik this has never happened before for engineering. "Normally" you'd have to drop the profession and level it up from 0 to change between Gnomish and Goblin...

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

I'm sure the fee is something ridiculous like 12k. :'(

Odd enough, wasn't this already supposed to have been in 3.1?
    I recall it was bugged though...

As a butthurt Gnomish Engineer since 2.4, I say /cheer.

I was always jealous of the Goblin http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42641 and it's far superior Siege damage.

Considering the cost of respeccing other professions is around 150g, it would be safe to assume that it would be something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    As a butthurt Gnomish Engineer since 2.4, I say /cheer.

I was always jealous of the Goblin http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42641 and it's far superior Siege damage.
    No it's not... I've made a few dozen and tried using them.
    The damage output vs siege is pathetic compared to just attacking it with whatever you got.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    The damage output vs siege is pathetic compared to just attacking it with whatever you got.
    Sorry, I meant in comparison to Saronite Bombs, which I believe do 500 Siege damage, as opposed to the Sapper's 1200.

Sorry, I meant in comparison to Saronite Bombs, which I believe do 500 Siege damage, as opposed to the Sapper's 1200.
    The point still stands though, you wouldn't use either one.

The point still stands though, you wouldn't use either one.
    Meh, they're situational at best, but still worth it to use sometimes. This pretty much applies to most Engineering.

Well it oculd have possible use if you got a few engineers toghether in WG, came in from behind and thus were dismounted into the courtyard of Wg fortress. You could pretty much take the relic chamber doors down in one blast and get a victory in WG after just a couple of minutes. 8)

As for beeing able to change specialization about time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ormen
    Well it oculd have possible use if you got a few engineers toghether in WG, came in from behind and thus were dismounted into the courtyard of Wg fortress. You could pretty much take the relic chamber doors down in one blast and get a victory in WG after just a couple of minutes.  8)
    They're actually changing WG to an Instanced zone because of this, which I find pretty funny. Engineers ftw.

They're actually changing WG to an Instanced zone because of this, which I find pretty funny. Engineers wtf.
    We find "1" use for the profession and its nerfed.

Same for the handguns in arena.

We find "1" use for the profession and its nerfed.
    I'd say this one use was unbalanced in every regard.

Hell, we should be happy they didn't do something like make the Keep Doors immune to our Explosives; as it stands, a group of Engineers still have a massive advantage. Instead, Blizzard fixed the larger issue and stopped people from flying right to the door, because even without Engi you could win a WG in 5 minutes like that.

Now that I think about it, this isn't even an Engi nerf; they fixed an exploit that caused problems in WG. You could still run in and pull a Goblin Sapper charge to blow up the door, now you just can't do it without even trying.

Well, you can still log on in Wg, but thatll be fixed in 3.2 as well.

Well, you can still log on in Wg, but thatll be fixed in 3.2 as well.
    Hmm, I've actually never tried that one. I imagine it would be fairly entertaining. lol

Deleted

I think the respec is going to be awesome :P Dont want to relevel my engineering

Anyone been able to switch specs on PTR? Been looking for it but can't seem to find it :/.

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

Last time I checked, I could not respec at the trainers. But had to go to the soothsaying book. Where it gave me the option to drop goblin, and learn gnomish when I clicked again.

who the hell wants to dump more gold into the engineering wastehole- hell Im not even bothering getting any of the "new" recipes