My Grim Batol - New Raid instace. What do you think?

So, looking at the new raiding content and seeing that we probably wont be getting anything special till icecrown, i decided to plan out Grim-Batol as a raid. What i would like to know is what you think of this layout. So, place this in your head, You walk in. Down this huge hallway filled with Red Dragonflight members, standing guard and at the end you have a gate with a Dragons head incrusted into it. Korialstrasz is next to said gate, talking to Alexstraza via Hologram. You talk to him, explain your here to help, and he opens the gate after a long discussion with the life-binder. Inside you have a huge room, with a diamond shaped walkway, similar to that of some of the Necropolis' In northrend, where each point of the diamond has a walkway heading to the middle. There is a barrier protecting the entrance to the middle, that can only be opened by killing the 3 keepers in this area, with trash along the way. (one for each side of the triangle, minus the entrance.)

At each point of the triangle, there is another walkway leading outwards from the triangle into a wing of Grim-Batol's upper Sanctum. At the end of each wing is a keeper, and a clickable Orb that powers part of the generator. Kill all three keepers, activate each orb, and the shield goes down, allowing access to the middle.

In the middle is an Elevator. At this point Korialstrasz walks up to you and activates it. A slew of red dragonflight now enter the uppersanctum, and keep guard. You and Korialstrasz go down the elevator, to the inner sanctum. Four bosses wait you here. These are the four appointed Twilight Dragonlords of Deathwing. The room is shaped again like a Diamond, with 3 wings, and a gate on the side where the entrance was in the upper sanctum. To get through this gate, you must collect the three key fragments from each of the Twilight Dragonlords.

The three wings are as follows. East: The hatchery. This room is a long hall, filled with black dragonflight members, and their eggs. at the end of this hallway, is a door leading to the first Dragonlord's room. His room is a large circle, with the floor grated, and below you hundreds upon hundreds of eggs. The room also has 3 alcoves in the northeast, the northwest and the southwest. (southeast being where you entered.

The second wing is the West wing. This is the Armory. It a huge octagonal room with a door at the western most end leading to the second Commanders chamber. The armory is filled with trash mobs and 3 minibosses, the lieutenants of the dragonflight army. Defeat each lieutenant to gain access to the Dragonlord's chamber, a large rectangular room with many weapons on the walls, with the commander pacing in the back.

The last wing is the North: The meeting room. Inside are the last 2 Dragonlords. One stands beside the throne, and one sits at the throne, discussing with each other the plans of their master. Each Dragonlord's fight is different, and can be engaged separately. You must kill the first (the one standing) to engage the second. This room has no trash.

After killing the three Dragonlords you can unlock the gate in the south end. This leads to another large hallway, which is dark and lit by braziers on either side. In the middle of this hallway is where you will meet the eighth boss. After traveling through this hallway, after passing many gruesome dragon heads and statues, an infinite Dragon appears, telling Korialstrasz that he must turn back, that he cannot change what must come to pass. Korialstrasz hesitates but then tells the infinite dragon that he will not stop when he has come so far, the Dragon teleports to the back of the hall, many more infinite dragons appear and begin assaulting you, and you must make your way to him. Upon reaching him, after fighting through the waves of mobs in the hallway, he phases Korialstrasz and the raid to another reality, where you fight him.

After the infinite Dragon is killed, he does a long speech about time and how he failed his master. He then lets out a bellowing roar, and the gates open, leading into the final wing of Grim Batol.

In this wing, there is only 3 trash pulls, leading to the southern end of the room, where the doors to Deathwing's throne room reside. The trash pulls consist of elite guards of the Dragon aspect, and each are the "gods of trash", in that you must have a very well geared Raid to kill. These trash mobs are the "Gear check" so to speak, of any raid who wants to attempt to down Deathwing.

Entering Deathwing's Chamber, the Black Dragonflight's Aspect begins a long dialog about the word, how the mortal races are pathetic, and how his twlight dragonflight will be the supreme race when his plans come to fruition. Alexstrasza shows up and you begin the fight in his Dragonform. at 50% he Beats his mighty wings and throws the raid back, stunning everyone for a minute while a second dialog occurs. After talking with Alexstrasza and the raid, his body flares up, and with a large flash of light he becomes Deathwing <The Twilight Harbinger>. With his body now transformed into a mix of Black and Twilight Dragonflight, he assaults the raid once more. After a long and epic battle, when he meets his end, a long cutscene takes place where Alexstrasza speaks to the people of Azeroth, and to the leaders and members of every Dragonflight. She thanks the players, and then the cutscene ends, and you and your raid are allowed to move once again.

You are now stationed on top of a large kingdom (presumably the new sanctuary for the expansion) with Alexstraza, Korialstrasz, Ysera, Rhonin, Khadgar, Thrall, and Jaina Proudmoore. Alexstrasza spawns a large chest behind the leaders, and says that inside are the collected items from Deathwing's Domain. You loot the chest, with the chance of a legendary weapon mold (Which can be turned into a 2h for Dps, a 1h for tanking, or a Staff for Casters, depending on the mold that drops) and the loot from the encounter.

Then your off to do whatever you want until the next tuesday where Deathwing and his forces are raised by some unknown force and are ready to fight you once more!

And there you have it.

Re: My Grim Batol - New Raid instace. What do you think?

This is your boss.

Get back to work.

>

Very well written. But sadly Blizzard encounters will never be as epic as that.
    Cutscenes and stuff ...

Nice fantasy though

@hurrr
    GTFO.

agree with above poster.

nice ideas and stuff would really like to see this sometime thou i highly doubt it will be as epic as you described it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmathes339
    The fact that South Korea once again wants to try to nuke the US off the map
    True story

creative, too bad there isnt more cutscenes in raid content, I guess we can all hope Icecrown becomes that epic.

Very nice, you seem to have put lots of imagination into this idea!

Me like! ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoshoes
    Stupid Arthas. Worst ret noob ever. Whatever you do, don't join an instance with him!

Though I hear he's rerolled Deathknight now and changed his name.

Post it on official forums and maybe they'll put it in 4.4 or something 8)

Sounds pretty cool, but all i can say is there better be a way to speed through all the cutscenes/dialogs after you've cleared it once.
    I love lore and all, but after farming deathwing for 4 weeks i'm not gonna wanna spend half the raid talking to dragons instead of pwning them =P
    But overall, very cool idea.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

TL;DR

great idea for a raid but i think deathwing will prolly get move than a filler raid. possibly even his own xpac with him as the final boss

Sounds good but wheres the dwarf part? Grim Batol was created by dwarfs, so it could look something like IF maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by SintorXI
    In the middle is an Elevator

No.

Also, way big block of text.
    You should split it into sections, add headers, etc to make it readable.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tduckro
    TL;DR
    I still dont know what this means.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I still dont know what this means.
    Too Long; Didn't Read

R.I.P. YARG

Seems alot like a Legend of Zelda dungeon...

..and thats why i like it

But i still think blizzard will make the citadel an amazing instance, that i will be doing even when im level 100. Plus some dungeons and instance ideas arent made since they contradict the lore too much, but some instance ideas you just want no matter what.

An example that would be epic but totally against lore and other stuff? : a caverns of time instance that brings you to the War of the Ancients.

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

First of all, i would like to say this would be an epic fight. I like the whole thing, dunno why. But Grim Batol was founded by the Wildhammer dwarves, so even if "a flight of red dragons now command Grim Batol" it should look more like Ironforge imo. But great idea.
    Gief Uldum tbh, i want more Titan lore in wow <3.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    Very well written. But sadly Blizzard encounters will never be as epic as that.
    Cutscenes and stuff ...

Nice fantasy though

@hurrr
    GTFO.
    kael'thas sunstrider, illidan stormrage and Kil'Jaeden would like to have a word with you. oh, and shade of akama (or at least akama) as well.

anyway, nice read. there are several continuity errors, but they don't bother that much.