Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Help!!! Wiping on Thorim's Gauntlet

Quote Originally Posted by Lusias
    I need some help with Thorim's Hallway. Here's the situation for the Hallway:

Tank-42k Druid
    Healer-Priest
    DPS-Two Mages
    Is this 10 or 25 man?

If you're going in there with 5 players... That's too much for 10 man. and too few for 25 man.
    So, work out the math...

15+ Year Old Account

What I do is just Thunderclap the first 2 adds after the first mini-boss, then shockwave the next ones that are running down the stairs, and keep running up to the boss. The dps kills the acolytes on the stairs while I'm running up with the 2 melee adds and picking up the boss. We've never gotten a second wave of adds doing it like this, and the acolytes die instantly. We kill the boss then I stun the 2 adds and run to engage Thorim while the dps from the gauntlet kill the stunned mobs (which I had been building threat on for the duration of the mini-boss fight, so aggro is not an issue).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Is this 10 or 25 man?

If you're going in there with 5 players... That's too much for 10 man. and too few for 25 man.
    So, work out the math...
    how is it too much for 10 man?
    I just did it last night with 5, arena group had no problem.
    arena: 1 tank, 2 heals, 2 dps
    hall: 1 tank, 1 heal, 3 dps
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin
    how is it too much for 10 man?
    I just did it last night with 5, arena group had no problem.
    arena: 1 tank, 2 heals, 2 dps
    hall: 1 tank, 1 heal, 3 dps
    It's too much for the gauntlet if you're not trying to activate hard mode :-p

But it is true that the arena group can easily handle itself with 5 (or if very well geared, perhaps 4) people.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders
    It's too much for the gauntlet if you're not trying to activate hard mode :-p

But it is true that the arena group can easily handle itself with 5 (or if very well geared, perhaps 4) people.
    Heck, we can activate hardmode with 4 on 10 man.
    Means we can keep a Shadowpriest or 2 in the arena to keep an add mindcontrolled for more DeePeeessss in the next phase.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Heck, we can activate hardmode with 4 on 10 man.
    Means we can keep a Shadowpriest or 2 in the arena to keep an add mindcontrolled for more DeePeeessss in the next phase.
    Well, yes, it is pretty easy to activate hard-mode even with 4, but I'm just saying even a less experienced group could go in with 5 and perhaps accidentally activate it, which wouldn't be that fun for then :-p

hmm imo there is nothing that u can whipe on there... But probobly you are dieing from runic detonation, boss is putting debuff on 1 player which will explode for 10k, if u stay next to him he will hit you. So spread out...

For guild we usually split the raid in half. We don't go for hard mode, I'm sure we could do it but just never thought about it I guess.

Anyways we usually have tank (me, druid), healer and 3 more dps usually one melee and two that are ranged. The arena is usually a tank (pally), two ret pallys and two healers (priest and pally).

After the first boss in the tunnel, I kill those two adds and we quickly take down the 3 adds. After that we run up and I grab that add and we engage the boss.

15+ Year Old Account

On 10man in my guild we just got Gauntlet heavy, activated hard mode with like 85sec left on sifs timer yesterday

Gauntlet:
    1 tank
    1 healer
    4 dps

Arena:
    1 healer
    1 tank
    2 AoE dps

Quote Originally Posted by Enders
    Well, yes, it is pretty easy to activate hard-mode even with 4, but I'm just saying even a less experienced group could go in with 5 and perhaps accidentally activate it, which wouldn't be that fun for then :-p
    Reminds me of one of the first times i went in there, we split even 5/5 and accidentally activate hard mode on our first try : needless to say we died >.>