Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warlock Q&A, Instance Capacity Update

Quote Originally Posted by shadoworflame
    Keeping on the topic of having warlocks unique from other classes i will talk mostly about the demonology tree. The one and only spec that outcasts us from being shadow priests as affliction and fire mages as destruction.

When metamorphisis was introduced i was quick to respec to demonology and even quicker to switch back to destruction. To try to hit many suggestions to the Q and A's I will start off on interesting changes that myself and just about every warlock would love to see.

First off the ability to cast green spells. With a full demo build warlocks are restricted to dots and a continous shadow bolt spam. If we look at affliction its noted for Shadow Bolts being its main filler spell while destructions main filler is Incinerate. Why not add a new spell to the demonology tree to act as the filler spell while dpsing. While many locks are apposed to channeled spells over cast timers, I think this would deffinatly define demonology by adding in a brand new channeled filler.

Second topic i would like to hit off on is the warlock only demon flyer. If metamorphisis became a permanent form (like shadow form for preists) instead of a cool down spell, flight would be possible without the need to model a new mount after all, Illidan could fly as a demon why cant we? A permanent demon form would make demonology a more fun spec to play, of course it would require a nerf to surviability but possibly a buff to damage. Many warlocks ive talked to have seen a pure 700-1000 dps loss when switching to a full demo spec.

Making demons worth while once again. As a demonologist we are capable of enslaving demons and control demons. why stop there? An interesting spell to be would be demonic fusion. the basic idea behind this spell would be the ability to merge two demons into one super demon of sorts. felhunter/succubus for pvp CC or imp/felgaurd for pve dps. And even going as far as maybe imp/felhunter for a dps/cc combo that can survive raids. Toss in a major glyph where we can merge a 3rd demon? The idea is golden, what other class can successfuly mix and match anything other than what spec they use.

Removing hellfire from the spell book without replacing it with a similar fast acting AoE spell is very pointless. almost every class has an instant cast AoE of some form which is great for quick bursts while warlocks closest thing is hellfire. 1 second before damage starts is still a benift over the 3 second wait for rain of fire to start ticking or seed of corruption to get cast. I cant even begin to start listing the amount of GM tickets that ive saved myself from having to use with the lifetap/hellfire suicide. While warlocks still remain the only class that can sucessfully kill themselves while standing in one spot it still saves not only ourselves a ton of headaches from glitches in the game but aswell as GMs times to service a ticket. KEEP HELLFIRE PLEASE, if it isnt broke dont fix it. If it isnt strong enough then buff it.

regarding your flying mount section ... for a warlockflying mount or summon check out wowwiki.com. Look up Nathrezim its the perfect description of a lock flying mount. We could summon him and become one after enslaving him. Part of the bio on this demon is that he can port to places could give locks that ability like mages. They also have demons of there own and after a quest chain to obtain the demon flight form we could get updated demons or just have them right off the bat. Best idea ive heard so far. Let me know if you have any better.

i think that this will bring a new twist to the ideas that your have brought up. but still be allow us to keep metamorphisis

Re: Warlock Q&A, Instance Capacity Update

Tothrezim, is what i was meaning to say srry about the confusion. itll make more sence now