Yogg-Saron Hotfixes, PTR Maintenance

Update - PTR Build cancelled.
    Originally Posted by Dresorull (Blue Tracker)
    PTR maintenance is finishing up, and the servers will be coming back up within the next hour.

There will not be a new build on the PTR today.
    Yogg-Saron Hotfixes
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    We've made one additional change to a specific element of the Yogg-Saron fight. Since the fight went live, there has been a hidden protection for players that prevents the casting of Psychosis and Malady of the Mind on targets with less than 30 Sanity. However, because Malady of the Mind has a slow missile speed and the hidden protection could take a second or two to apply, it was quite possible for the 30 sanity targeting threshold to be breached by these two random unavoidable effects.

To try to address this we're raising the threshold to 40 sanity, and increasing the missile speed of Malady of the Mind. Note that the spells are still being cast just as often, so the net sanity loss to the raid will still be the same. This hotfix just evens out the random targeting of the spells across the raid. Also note that the threshold is for targeting purposes of those two spells only, and this fix means Psychosis or Malady of the Mind can still bring you below 40 sanity. If you have 41 sanity, you're a valid target and can then be brought to 32 sanity by a casting of Psychosis on you.
    PTR maintenance - 07/02/09
    Another maintenance, and most likely another build. Stay tuned.
    Originally Posted by Dresorull (Blue Tracker)
    We will be bringing the PTR servers down for maintenance today at approximately 12:00pm PST.

This thread will be updated once more information is available. Thank you for your patience.

Deleted

Re: Yogg-Saron Hotfixes, PTR Maintenance

They seem to "fix" (nerf) Yoggie normal once in a while, I wonder when they'll start doing something about Yogg + 0. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maybellene
    Moar nerfs ;D
    More like a bugfix that couldn't be done without a small nerf. That's basically a band-aid on top of some silver tape.

Deleted

new build

Quote Originally Posted by Maybellene
    Moar nerfs ;D
    some can argue this is a buff since the missiles are traveling faster now.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by JewishOrc
    It's to stop as*h*les like Exodus Exploiting then going on a nerdrage.
    That was already fixed. This is something different.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=69556.0

Wryxian's post (EU PTR realm) specifically says new build.

Quote Originally Posted by JewishOrc
    Thanks, i stand corrected.
    There have been like 6 news posts in the last 3 days...I can see how it was missed

Was it really a nerf? The blue says that there has been a protection "since the fight went live" and that they are just making missiles travel faster so RNG has less of an impact.

What does he mean "since the fight went live"? To me it sounds like he means when 3.1 went live. Does anybody know if that protection was there before or not?
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Pretty sure it was always there. I think this change is to prevent someone from being targetted, lose sanity somehow, and then go insane when it hits them maybe. thats how I am understanding it at least.

even there is no new build on the ptr, they fixed the code and it seems, proc-based skills and talents behave like they should once again

I like how transparent Blizzard is on this PTR. With most PTRs they are a few builds ahead of us, but clearly this time both are closer together. They also didn't have to justify themselves but they did.
    Still looking forward to them fixing the proc and sound bugs nevertheless.

edit: Something I haven't seen mentioned here (and I realized I might have just missed it in the sea of changes being made) is that mounts are off the GCD once again.

They should take a look at 0 watcher issues instead.
    Why Not ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47
    They should take a look at 0 watcher issues instead.
    This change effects 0 Watchers yogg...

Aswell as they hotfixed the exploit..