Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I wish warrior gear had agility on it ....

Specifically tanking gear.

And specifically an amount of agility that equaled the dodge value for a piece.

Why?

Because agility is such a heavy stat and tanking gear for warriors is lacking our largest threat builder, crit.

So if a piece had 32 dodge rating (roughly 1% of dodge if I read the wowwiki correctly) and that was converted to agility then it would have 102 agility, which would be equal to 306 armor and almost 2% crit.

Pity that it will never happen eh?

Re: I wish warrior gear had agility on it ....

so just buff warrior gear with agi and make it OP vs other classes tank gear? or trade....what str for agi? lol. no. go play a druid if you want agi and for it to be a worthy stat

Artwork Credit: Rayde of MMO Champion.

Actually I was thinking more decrease armor and dodge to make up the difference with agility but really even that wouldn't work because of how heavy a stat agility is. We'd end up taking a hit somewhere else on the gear, probably strength as you mentioned, to make up for the crit.

Still though, as long as crit remains one of the premier tanking stats for warriors agility would be highly valued.

Because of iLevel.

Agility brings crit dodge and armor. And it scales with kings.

Agility actually weighs more on the itemlevel than dodge does.

the only real classes that totally benefit from straight agility (ap crit dodge armor) are rogues druids(dps not tanks) shamans and hunters. Druids are the rare exception because Blizz doesn't like ferals to have two sets of leather physical armor, so that would make three sets (druid and rogue, kitty, and bear).

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    ...should society start rewarding me because I haven't murdered anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalan
    At least the barrens will be more interesting..... And by interesting, I mean on fire.

If the tanks would gain roughly the same dodge as they would from agility.. (Probably slightly less). It wouldn't really be such a bad thing..

But you can't go over the stat budget of an item. That's just not possible.

An easier solution would be to simply have a defensive stat(like dodge) give crit rating.
    Like spirit giving crit for mages, or intellect giving spellpower for.. A lot of classes.

That would come at the cost of threat somewhere, else. Though. So nothing would've changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    If the tanks would gain roughly the same dodge as they would from agility.. (Probably slightly less). It wouldn't really be such a bad thing..

But you can't go over the stat budget of an item. That's just not possible.

An easier solution would be to simply have a defensive stat(like dodge) give crit rating.
    Like spirit giving crit for mages, or intellect giving spellpower for.. A lot of classes.

That would come at the cost of threat somewhere, else. Though. So nothing would've changed.
    Agreed.

I'd love something that tallied up and gave a % of the avoidance as crit % or even crit rating.

It would make a great filler talent in the place of incite if at say the defense cap it would equal about a passive 15% crit bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    So if a piece had 32 dodge rating (roughly 1% of dodge if I read the wowwiki correctly) and that was converted to agility then it would have 102 agility,
    And heres your mistake.

32 Dodge would be converted into 32 Agility.

All stats are made in a way that equal numbers = roughly equal gains.

The warriors coefficient of converting agi into dodge and crit is horrible, and its horrible because they dont want warriors to have a stat that increases dodge and crit in a great way.

Agi on tankstuff = no good idea.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    And heres your mistake.

32 Dodge would be converted into 32 Agility.

All stats are made in a way that equal numbers = roughly equal gains.

The warriors coefficient of converting agi into dodge and crit is horrible, and its horrible because they dont want warriors to have a stat that increases dodge and crit in a great way.

Agi on tankstuff = no good idea.
    Oh no, it's a great idea. It's just too heavy a stat for the budget.

That's just how wishful thinking goes ....

Oh no, it's a great idea. It's just too heavy a stat for the budget.

That's just how wishful thinking goes ....
    Shelly, are you male or female?

If you're female, I'll agree with you in hopes that we can become boyfriend and girlfriend.

If you're male I'm just gonna flame you in hopes that you'll leave these forums so I can chat with the females more and have less competition when it comes to finding a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie

If you're female, I'll agree with you in hopes that we can become boyfriend and girlfriend.

If you're male I'm just gonna flame you in hopes that you'll leave these forums so I can chat with the females more and have less competition when it comes to finding a girlfriend.
    And acting like that will just make u grow old ALONE .... Some ppl scare me!!

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mystogrigen

the only real classes that totally benefit from straight agility (ap crit dodge armor) are rogues druids(dps not tanks) shamans and hunters. Druids are the rare exception because Blizz doesn't like ferals to have two sets of leather physical armor, so that would make three sets (druid and rogue, kitty, and bear).
    With the adding of Savage defence in WoTLK for feral bears we now make use of crit and AP on our gear, the only difference between tank leather and dps leather for ferals is the way its gemed/enchanted, and even then some pieces are shared (weapon enchanted with mongoose, gear gemed with agi ect)

Honestly i like the fact that they are adding more shield block rating to all items, which will make shield slams (our main threat generator) hit that much harder, i personally don't think crit is that big of a deal, it's nice, it helps, but it isn't game breaking. Sure agility would add much to warrior tanking but I don't feel like it is necissary, i have enough crit to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Snikdagit
    Honestly i like the fact that they are adding more shield block rating to all items, which will make shield slams (our main threat generator) hit that much harder, i personally don't think crit is that big of a deal, it's nice, it helps, but it isn't game breaking. Sure agility would add much to warrior tanking but I don't feel like it is necissary, i have enough crit to get the job done.
    The current problem with crit is that our greatest threat works around it but our crit bonuses are only applied to select abilities rather than across the board.

Which ends up placing too much importance on DPS and PvP gear for situations where higher crit (threat) would be far more desirable.

And while I do agree that it's currently not a necessity and I do have multiple sets of armor that I swap through I'd still prefer a way to bring more DPS stats onto our tanking gear since our tanking DPS is the weakest.

And before you get all "but you're a tank, why does dps matter?" please don't be a retard. 500 more dps over the life of a fight is a significant chunk of boss health and it all adds up.

Like I said though this is all wishful thinking but really warriors are going to keep lagging behind as tanks unless they can homogenize tank damage across the board. Good luck to them with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie

15+ Year Old Account

You cannot deny his girth.

The current problem with crit is that our greatest threat works around it but our crit
    crit is that our greatest threat works around it but our crit
    crit is that our greatest threat
    crit [...] greatest threat
    No...just no. Our biggest threat stats are expertise, and strength. You're also a fool if you think crit has more importance than expertise/strength. I bet you're one of those bad tanks who specs into cruelty. 5 points for 5% crit? Are you kidding me? Points better spent elsewhere, because you already get enough crit bonus from raid buff. I wouldn't trust a tank who prioritizes crit, lol! You're not suposed to dps, your role is to make bosses/mobs hit you, and minimize the incoming damage as much as possible. Leave the freaking dps to, you know, real DPSers.

(Avatar was too big, sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chozobo
    No...just no. Our biggest threat stats are expertise, and strength. You're also a fool if you think crit has more importance than expertise/strength. I bet you're one of those bad tanks who specs into cruelty. 5 points for 5% crit? Are you kidding me? Points better spent elsewhere, because you already get enough crit bonus from raid buff. I wouldn't trust a tank who prioritizes crit, lol! You're not suposed to dps, your role is to make bosses/mobs hit you, and minimize the incoming damage as much as possible. Leave the freaking dps to, you know, real DPSers.

But I thought http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000 was the warrior tanking spec...wtf mate?

Anyway, I don't have a problem with threat. Even against warlocks who don't believe the threat talents are worth it. So...learn to do your job right and threat won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chozobo

Because raising the threat ceiling totally doesn't allow the DPS to do their job better.

Not disagreeing with your point about crit, but u're wrong there. And hit is more important than both str and expertise.

Specifically tanking gear.

And specifically an amount of agility that equaled the dodge value for a piece.

Why?

Because agility is such a heavy stat and tanking gear for warriors is lacking our largest threat builder, crit.

So if a piece had 32 dodge rating (roughly 1% of dodge if I read the wowwiki correctly) and that was converted to agility then it would have 102 agility, which would be equal to 306 armor and almost 2% crit.

Pity that it will never happen eh?
    You sir, are bad. Warriors have a horrible agi to crit conversion. This would be one helluva buff to my protadin however. If they changed it to agi, they would also have to account for 'dodge' now scaling with kings and how different tanks would get different amount of avoidance from the same piece of gear. Lets join hands in creating a new tanking balance clusterfudge.

i dont see the need as a warrior tank for agi, you can easily attain around 30% dodge with a decent amount of hp for any encounter in game atm.

crit should not be an issue

want more threat get more str.

reason why agi would be bad idea is druids use it to scale up dodge, warriors use shields raise your str to increase your BV which will increase TPS.

No need for this really, your just QQ'ing to give you something you dont need.