Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Alliance Priest T9 Aesthetics

Quote Originally Posted by Rexikar
    I actually like it... better than the new arena set by far, anyway. Though the thing that I think is cool is that the belt is in 3D. Hopefully Blizzard will start working in new models for gear, other than shoulders/helm. This belt and the new boots added in WotLK's launch was a step in the right direction. P:
    Ya know, I didn't even notice that. +50DKP for new belt model.

LAME

i liked priests much better they ressembled angel like look.... be it shadow or holy...
    where are the Wing like shoulders?
    where are the Halos above the head?
    or the cowels that give you mystic monk look.... not showing all the face... :/

bleh i liked when each class had its onw niche just showing from his gear....
    and now?

i realy hope that by those "cheap" tier looks they spend theyir every drop of dev time in cataclysm....
    Paranoid Tank: "Always be prepared for something to eat the healer..."

Quote Originally Posted by det
    You pay to play on their servers. I don't know where you read that you actually pay for the patches. IMHO the only patch that I HAVE paid for already is 3.3 and fighting Arthas, 'cause he is clearly advertised as the baddy on the expansion box.

Hell..even that is debateble. They advertised with him, we met him a few time...so he even is in the game ^^
    So sneaky, and smart in a way.

My guildies first reaction was that he could make a better looking set in paint if blizzard hired him.

I mean, OK, they had so much to do making Northrend, so T7 from T3 because its Naxx was kinda understandable, T8 was acculy pretty cool, but T9, specialy the priest one looks exactly like the set from naxx with different forms.

I play horde btw, dont know how theyre gonna turn out ;D

Pretty disapointed after T7 (great original model as t3) and T8 (well designed Priest-theme).

Looks to me like a "Standard-caster-Set" from an Arena season, very little of the usual priest look.

Lets just hope this is just the creative break before t10

tbh, it looks pretty close to plate, in looks. how about giving clothies some armor that actually looks like cloth? :P

t5 was my favorite healing priest set it did look very, priestly :P

so long as they don't do this again with t10? its cool, i prefer sets when they are different per class. rather than 3 classes looking basically the same.

Fingers crossed for a badass horde version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

15+ Year Old Account

i'll bring this point up again. look at the gear that dropped in naxx and uld. to get the bis items you grabbed the non-tier drops for alot of them. most of these items all looked the same. my pali looks like a dk/warrior from the plate gear. my priest looks somewhere between a mage/priest from her drops. my hunter looks like a mutt of hunter/naxx mail gear.

so the similar look items and blizzard being lazy argument is gone out the window. unless you were looking to get a whole tier of gear and not the best in slot items then i can understand. but otherwise out toons have looked the same depending on the role you played since the wotlk release.

using the same look for all cloth on the same faction, and having a differant set for alliance/horde makes sense for the patch. as others have mentioned it is a patch for the tournament. each tier is supposed to look like the raid you get it from (to some degree this has held true). so if we are buying our armor from the crusade they of course are going to be the guys crafting it, and therefor it will resemble such.

didnt want to make a new topic for something so small but this seems closest topic, could somebody post tier9 priest on female night elf please? thanks
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Maelstrom&n=Sparky

Even though the armor looks decent itself it´s imo extremely boring that classes with the same armor type have the exact same model with some different colors.

Did the employes that deal with PvP balance in arena switch their assignments with the designers? I don´t find that impossible tbh... :-\
    and for the guys who didnt read the latest hmm about 5? retpaladin changes, they arent fotm anymore since long, fotm right now is warlock and priest obviously...

Well it's really just keeping in line with the fact that the armor is a gift and reward from the Argent guys and armor makers usually will make the same thing, kinda like a uniform.

I think they look cool enough for now, I think that Icecrown will be sooner than we think and it will be replaced soon! Just as quick if not quicker than T8 was replaced.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Well it's really just keeping in line with the fact that the armor is a gift and reward from the Argent guys and armor makers usually will make the same thing, kinda like a uniform.

I think they look cool enough for now, I think that Icecrown will be sooner than we think and it will be replaced soon! Just as quick if not quicker than T8 was replaced.
    I think the "uniform" thing would have been cool, if ALL the armor sets had a similar color scheme based on the faction, but slightly different in design based on the class. Think of an entire tier for all classes based on the blue, gold, and white field marshal set that Arthas wears in CoS. Or the silver and black of the Silver Covenant.

Then it would feel like a uniform. As of now, it feels like I'm gonna wear DOODAD_NOX_SPIDER_DOOR02. Or, rather, BLUE_CLOTH_TIER09 instead of Super Bad Ass Alliance Battle Priest Uniform of the Argent Crusade(tm).

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m

Considering Blizzard have always made tiers based on content (Ulduar sets are really reassembling Ulduar lookout and enemies skins) these sets for a Tournament to prove your strenght could reward you with nothing else than something..."war-ish"..this seets looks quite much it at least for me.

But! For icecrown I expect at least some wings, halo, white/azure tier skin

One more point to state out: If i got the point, the whole Tournament is about training the heroes for the fight against the Lich Kings army, and the Lich King himself.

Maybe this means, that we all will be part of the "Argent Army", which then means, that T9 will be our uniform. Then (based on the history of human wars until 20th century) the colour and type of the uniform shows your class and grade.

Sure, it's not fun to see 90% of the server population run around in the same armour. But if there's a bit opening event, and you see that kind of real big army, it will be fun.