Affliction and Trash help

I just hit 80, I have the basics to start doing the esier heroics with bout 1600 SP with a affliction/destro build
    I'm pulling avg 1600 dps on bosses atm but I am under preforming on trash. I read that Seed Spam had some nice workings so I tried it in a Nexus run, The tank was bit#%#@! that I was slowing down the run because my overall trash dps was only about 1300, he said me using seed was being lazy. Well we had a fight and I endedup getting ignored after we finished lol but it got me re thinking my trash strat.

He had claimed that a lock was doing much more dps putting up a few insta dots and shadow bolting.

So my question is, what is better for trash? Alot of FAQs pointed to seed but is there a better method?

Re: Affliction and Trash help

If ur tank is 'ok' u can dot up OFFtargets and nuke them instead of skull (by the time u've fully dotted up skull he'll be killed most likely). should rly be np for threat if u just dinged 80.

Some of that just sounds like the tank's problem.
    If it's a large trash pack...I'd say Seed and Rain of Fire. Trash dies too quickly for any kind of Affliction rotation. The spec is made for bosses, not trash. Make sure the tank knows that.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I used Rain of fire even as affliction, as affliction curses only have 1 sek gcd so CoA them all and use RoF... worked for me when i just dinged.

ya I know dots are not the best and the tank was such a whiny bi### When I posted the boss dps he was like "stop posting the boss dps, no one cares, stop tyring to defend your dps" I was like flipping pissed, im like go to a raid and tell them DPS on bosses no one cares about

Ill try some more methods like COA off mobs with seed or Rain, I only was doing the Seed Method because I read about it and it was suppose to be the best ;/

Some tanks still dont get the point ^^ i love it haha...
    but no Affliction isn't build for AoE trash,...its for a boss fight(like someone else ALREADY posted)
    but normally what i do with some trash,...is i seed up 3 or 4 targets and then rain of fire the pack,...
    but then again im hybrid (Decimation Conflag build) but duelspec affli,....since its great for some fights in Ulduar,...but then again if u seed up 2 or 3 or 4 targets that arent been hit and then use Rain Of Fire,...u will most likely up ur DPS on trash,...but then again watch ur agro ^^ or else the tank will blame it on ya for being a agro-magnet :P,..haha
    but (like another poster has said as well) Affliction isn't a build for heavy trash AoE,....tell them that and if they are still complaining leave the group since they are all ignorant :P,...

*edit Typo's

Best bet is a combination of SoC and Rain of Fire. I spam like 2-3 SoC's and then Rain of Fire. Dotting mobs up is slow for your DPS Affliction isn't exactly bursty as your DPS needs time to really take off.

But yeah. Since when did DPS on trash matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bharzaros
    I used Rain of fire even as affliction, as affliction curses only have 1 sek gcd so CoA them all and use RoF... worked for me when i just dinged.
    COA is the worst dot choice for trash imo, coz its longest and gradually grows so you get full of it after 50% of duration when probably mobs will die. corruption on all targets and if you have nightfall you can be suprised how many s bolts you can get there. If its 4+ mob pack just SOC and rain of fire (more or less 3 targets with SOCs than 1 Rain of fire) and you will likely top the meters.

*Best bet is a combination of SoC and Rain of Fire. I spam like 2-3 SoC's and then Rain of Fire. Dotting mobs up is slow for your DPS Affliction isn't exactly bursty as your DPS needs time to really take off.

But yeah. Since when did DPS on trash matter? Wink*

THIS ^

some ppl are more intrested in TRASH >.< then in bossfights,...
    and what every warlock will say Affli is one of the best spec (prolly THE best DPS spec there is) due to the heavy dmg they can do after the first rotation,...and its always constant ,...

normally ppl are more intrested in BOSS DPS then trash DPS,..
    if a tank gives u anymore trouble go and look if another tank has more DPS and throw that in his face :P (E.G Facetanks (Beardr00d's) they will most likely out DPS a warrior and a prot paladin )

well true Autumn on ur last part there m8 ,..
    but then again..
    i dont wanna criticize u here m8 nor is my intention to it but i need to say this,...
    i mean if the OP just turned 80 and does 1.6K dps on boss fights its good for him coz i think he still wears greens and some blues and epics,....(crafted that is)
    second of all i think the TANK was just a moron,...
    if ur doing 1300 overall on trash what where the others doing if that TANK got so BOTHERED with the SLOW trash kills? haha,...
    i mean yes 5 mans are boring,...but then again the TANK shouldnt complain since u just turned 80 m8 he should be GRATEFULL that he can HAVE another RUN for Emblems OR some gear,...i mean to say from all the things i hear about different realms is that the 5 mans are more or less history and no one wants to do them anymore,...so he should be glad that u would help him with it :P,...

Quote Originally Posted by Auria
    *Best bet is a combination of SoC and Rain of Fire. I spam like 2-3 SoC's and then Rain of Fire. Dotting mobs up is slow for your DPS Affliction isn't exactly bursty as your DPS needs time to really take off.

But yeah. Since when did DPS on trash matter? Wink*

THIS ^

some ppl are more intrested in TRASH >.< then in bossfights,...
    and what every warlock will say Affli is one of the best spec (prolly THE best DPS spec there is) due to the heavy dmg they can do after the first rotation,...and its always constant ,...

normally ppl are more intrested in BOSS DPS then trash DPS,..
    if a tank gives u anymore trouble go and look if another tank has more DPS and throw that in his face :P (E.G Facetanks (Beardr00d's) they will most likely out DPS a warrior and a prot paladin )

trash matters, the faster you clear trash, the faster you get to bosses
    which means more learning attempts, or faster farm nights

anyone that thinks trash doesn't matter is a moron
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

15+ Year Old Account

Tab Target Corruption, rain of fire x1, shadow bolt spam.

Rain of Fire & Seed of Corruption combos are only viable against 5+ targets. 4 or less and the method above works just as well, and takes less mana.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by SylNHK
    Best bet is a combination of SoC and Rain of Fire. I spam like 2-3 SoC's and then Rain of Fire. Dotting mobs up is slow for your DPS Affliction isn't exactly bursty as your DPS needs time to really take off.

But yeah. Since when did DPS on trash matter?
    I must agree with this one as well.

If there are just two or three enemies up, you can use your normal DoT rotation and apply it on all of the enemies. Any more than that, though, and you'll want to use Seed of Corruption and Rain of Fire.

Keep in mind that Affliction lacks the burst abilities of other DPS classes/specs, so assuming the other DPS in your group know what they're doing, you shouldn't be able to pass them during trash pulls. Do your best to make sure you pump out as much damage as possible, but don't let it get to you if you're not leading in damage on trash alone.

Wow, what an amazing topic that has never been made 42 times before. If only there were like some compiled Q & A thread or compendium. But no, that wouldn't let us recycle the same thread over and over again.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I just spam seed it always worked for but....sometimes i get aggro and die =( QQ