Thread: Icecrown Raid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Icecrown Raid

Quote Originally Posted by bludfrost
    no.
    Good job creating the most useless and unhelpful post of the entire thread. The timing and lack of explanation has made such obscurity to your post... frankly I don't think anyone can be sure what exactly you are responding and referring to. It could be any of the post made over the past three pages, you've managed to do absolutely nothing and have added nothing to this topic. Well done to that, I say -1 for trying to up your post count and being lazy about it at that.

joint raid lol. the 12 year olds night elf wants to hang with the orcs. reroll DK scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrowkid
    However, you "we aren't just 25 mortal people" argument doesn't hold up. No it may not mention you in the lore, but 98% (<not accurate I'm sure) of the beings in WoW are real human characters... meaning 98% of beings in WoW are technically could/are/will/are among the most powerful warriors in the world. That just doesn't make sense... these characters are mortal... the only difference between you and Remy "Two Times" is you have trained and grown more powerful... you are both still mortals. Lore doesn't exist for the 10million + characters in WoW... that's a shit load of the most powerful warriors in Azeroth.
    Well think of it this way. When your guild steps into a raid, TECHNICALLY there aren't 10 million+ other players in the game. For the sake of that raid, your guild is "THE STRONGEST WARRIORS IN AZEROTH".

Of course there isn't any lore written for us, we are the Hero, the game actually revolves around what we do. There may be a shitload of other players in the game, but if it was realistic, then once a boss was killed, he would be dead and no one else would be able to raid him.

The point is that when you step into a raid, you are a hero champion, and you can fuck some shit up. Put you and 24 of the STRONGEST heros of Azeroth in a group together, and they can REALLY fuck some shit up.

The logistics only don't make sense when you look at WoW as a giant community, which it is, but when actually going through quests and instances and raids, you/your group are the main character(s), you are the HERO of the game.

During the Zombie event just before the launch of LK, when players were successfully infected they became a part of a new "faction". all zombies were friendly toward them and then, please correct me if I'm wrong (al is getting back on me...), they were able to communicate. even if you were horde or alliance, you could wreak havoc in Shat'

from a RP point of view, I can imagine hordes characters and alliances characters starting to interact together during the whole argent tournament. Learning some neat pieces fo the other faction language, sometimes socializing and of course often brawling. the guards would have lot of work to maintain order and avoid pure bloodsheds.

But i totally agree that the finding 2 * 25 persons to raid is a valid argument and make things pretty impossible !
    Let's hope that Bli will come up with a creative (and especially buggy and not working as intended) way to make things possible.

I could see a joint raid the same way you could "see" Sunwell from mgt. They could make it in the way of a "hidden camera" type of event. They could make say 17 bosses each side getting a random/set 8 per week ending at arthas, meaning arthas kills would be very few and very far between. Very large guilds might even split off into 2 seperate 25 man groups that accomish the taks consistantly.

So many possiblities

Maybe a "skill matcher" much the same as in arenas so that it matches you with a guild on your battlegroup or server that is close to or equal your raiding ability.

the ideas have been spinning in my head since the mined sound files were posted. This time around Jaina will not be convincing enough by herself to get Wyrnn and Garosh to play along nicely....Tirion, jaina, the argent crusade, and the knights of ebon blade might just be enough voice to accomplish the task though.

Wow is coming up on its 5th annerversary. And blizzard has planned the lich king encounter ever since. This is the completion of the climax of wc3 and its expansions. Blizzard does not take this portion of the story lightly and they will do eveyrthing in their power to tell the story the way that they feel it needs to be told, this was wildly evident in the entire expansion thus far, through quests and dungeons. The time and effort that went into this expansion was more than just designing to make the most dough. There is some real heart and soul poured into this expansion and the fire is still growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie

Also this is just a little of my opinion on the whole story line. If/When we defeat the Lich King, I think it would be awesome if Garrosh Hellscream just wasn't able to stand Thrall's willingness to work with the Alliance, gets incredibly angry at him and picks up Frostmourn and attempts/succeeds to kill Thrall with it, and becomes the new Lich King.
    I'd quit. warcraft has a great story line and of course being an MMO they need to make up lore as they go, but a scene like this:

garrosh: Grr puny alliance *garrosh picks of frostmourne after the kill*

Thrall: Thats bad *dies*

is not acceptable... Although if after the fight there is a cutscene and it goes to that scene above i'd laugh my ass off and just be all "................WUT."

But as for it being a joint raid, i doubt you mean actually horde and alliance players have to raid together seeing as that would be next to impossible (raid IP and language barrier)
    But it could be like Hyjal, all factions working together. You would have your 25 people and then the argent crusade which has both horde and alliance NPCs in it.

Who knows, i bet even the dragonflights will be helping.

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

Final Boss of Icecrown - http://michaelthelichking.ytmnd.com/

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.