Latest 2v2 Changes.

Coming from a priest who's running priest/warrior in glad range, who doesn't run RMP because I don't really like it, I've done it to glad, but I just don't like it. I'd rather run a priest/warrior and get glad from that, these changes are EVEN WORSE (in my opinion).

I could handle having to goto 5v5 to get more gear (easier to fit a warrior into a team with a priest in 5v5 than 3v3), atleast it only takes me getting to the rating real quick, and use my points from 2v2.

Not to mention I could get lots from VoA

AND I COULD STILL PLAY 2v2 MAIN AND GET GLADIATOR FROM IT.

However, with these new changes, I'd have to main a 5v5 or 3v3 team so I could get my gladiator, and for what..?

So I can buy off-set, chest, pants, gloves, helm.

I can get most of this shit from VoA as it is, its not worth losing my glad title from the bracket I like to play.

Again, this is coming from a PRIEST, who is playing 2v2, as PRIEST/WARRIOR, clearly not a fotm who's just doing 2v2 because its easy.

Re: Latest 2v2 Changes.

There are plenty of comps you can play in 3's that aren't pmr. Honestly I really support blizzard on this move. Making 2v2 less important is really going to cut down on some of the class imbalance complaints / issues because 3v3 and 5v5 are fairly balanced brackets (in the sense that most classes can find a spot on these teams due to the higher comp variety).

I think 2v2 was a mistake to have in the game in the first place as it put class balance under an impossible microscope. If they were going to have 3 arena brackets it should have been 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5. The imbalance of 2's pisses blizzard off because they are the ones that half to deal with class complaints allll the time and it also pisses players off when they half to get dominated by flavor of the month comps that require a lower skill cap / success ratio.

2's will now become a less serious bracket where you can just play around for fun.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally

There are plenty of comps you can play in 3's that aren't pmr. Honestly I really support blizzard on this move. Making 2v2 less important is really going to cut down on some of the class imbalance complaints / issues because 3v3 and 5v5 are fairly balanced brackets (in the sense that most classes can find a spot on these teams due to the higher comp variety).

I think 2v2 was a mistake to have in the game in the first place as it put class balance under an impossible microscope. If they were going to have 3 arena brackets it should have been 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5. The imbalance of 2's pisses blizzard off because they are the ones that half to deal with class complaints allll the time and it also pisses players off when they half to get dominated by flavor of the month comps that require a lower skill cap / success ratio.

2's will now become a less serious bracket where you can just play around for fun.
    I don't like 3v3 at all, even though I've hit gladiator in every bracket, and only missed s5 in getting gladiator, because I quit early.

I just prefer playing with one other partner, no matter the comp.

Furthermore, no, this won't fix anything, 3v3 really isn't any more balanced than 2v2.

3v3 is RMP, RMP Counters, RMP Counter-Counters.

This season in 2v2 I've seen more comps in 2v2 than ever before, whereas 3v3 is still basically RMP and Cleave teams.

5v5 is a joke, its a total zergfest, not really balanaced at all.

Not to mention, all this will do is make play more 3v3 and complain about the issues that are in 3v3 more than they do now, and make just as big of a deal of 3v3 as 2v2.

What will blizzard do then, remove 3v3?

5v5 is even worse.

I'd rather they just increase the rating needed for gear by 200, and allow us to keep gladiator.

or still not allow gear, and let me get gladiator, I'd rather main my 2v2 team, get to glad range, get points, play 3v3/5v5 for a day and get the rating to buy gear, then never have to do it again.

with these changes there is zero reason to do 2v2, besides that I enjoy it more, but a lot of the fun is taken away when I know I'm not progressing towards anything, I have fun playing with one good friend, watching the rating climb, unlocking more gear, and walking away with the gladiator title with a comp that almost no one else is getting gladiator with.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyLey
    I don't like 3v3 at all, even though I've hit gladiator in every bracket, and only missed s5 in getting gladiator, because I quit early.
    Ok, we get it. You have the gladiator rank

Furthermore, no, this won't fix anything, 3v3 really isn't any more balanced than 2v2.
    He said:
    issues because 3v3 and 5v5 are fairly balanced brackets (in the sense that most classes can find a spot on these teams due to the higher comp variety).
    3v3 is RMP, RMP Counters, RMP Counter-Counters.
    Not anymore. You are referring to TBC 3v3. MLG Colombus Ohio proves it.

This season in 2v2 I've seen more comps in 2v2 than ever before, whereas 3v3 is still basically RMP and Cleave teams.
    Will change with the resilience buff. The way nuke is now, alot of teams with good coordination can beat most teams, and 50% of those can be won without good coordination, just on pure nuke.

5v5 is a joke, its a total zergfest, not really balanaced at all.
    Agreed, but will hopefully change with the resilience buff.

Not to mention, all this will do is make play more 3v3 and complain about the issues that are in 3v3 more than they do now, and make just as big of a deal of 3v3 as 2v2.

What will blizzard do then, remove 3v3?
    Won't be much 2v2 QQ after 3.2, since more people will be focusing on 3v3. And 3v3 is easier to balance than 2v2.

or still not allow gear, and let me get gladiator, I'd rather main my 2v2 team, get to glad range, get points, play 3v3/5v5 for a day and get the rating to buy gear, then never have to do it again.
    You can just get gladiator from 3s =) It's not supposed to be easy to attain, so just stop complaining about it being further away from your reach. I though alot of people thought this game got too easy? 0o
    But you've gotten the glad title in 3s before, so i'm very sure you can get it again

3v3 will NEVER be more balanced than 2v2, no matter what blizz does. the only difference is that most people actually DO enjoy playing 2v2 whereas 3v3 is either a zergfest or being farmed by pmr.

fail devs are fail.
    This user has been banned.

to all the people bitching about 2v2 class balance....

GO PLAY 3'S OR 5'S AND STOP BITCHING.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    3v3 will NEVER be more balanced than 2v2, no matter what blizz does. the only difference is that most people actually DO enjoy playing 2v2 whereas 3v3 is either a zergfest or being farmed by pmr.

fail devs are fail.
    3v3 is the most balanced bracket right now. They aren't removing 2's from the game, so people can continue to enjoy it if they so please.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fail
    Won't be much 2v2 QQ after 3.2, since more people will be focusing on 3v3. And 3v3 is easier to balance than 2v2.

I never said there will still be 2v2 QQ, I said there will be just as bad 3v3 QQ, and 5v5 QQ, what will they just remove those brackets too?

You can just get gladiator from 3s =) It's not supposed to be easy to attain, so just stop complaining about it being further away from your reach. I though alot of people thought this game got too easy? 0o

Again, you're not comprehending what I'm saying, I could get gladiator EASIER in 3v3, than 2v2 priest/warrior, but problem is that I DO NOT LIKE PLAYING 3v3 OR 5v5, its not that its too difficult, its that its not fun and I don't want to have to do a bracket I dislike to get gladiator.

But you've gotten the glad title in 3s before, so i'm very sure you can get it again

Again, read above.

Well, then i am sorry for you. The game is evolving, and sadly, not always in the direction which we would preffer. I played Holy Paladin for the entire duration of TBC, and it was the specc i got gladiator with. In Wrath, i did not enjoy how the Holy Paladin playstyle in arena, so therefore i respecced to retribution. You just have to adapt to the new changes, else quit. I feel for you my friend =/

Quote Originally Posted by Fail
    Well, then i am sorry for you. The game is evolving, and sadly, not always in the direction which we would preffer. I played Holy Paladin for the entire duration of TBC, and it was the specc i got gladiator with. In Wrath, i did not enjoy how the Holy Paladin playstyle in arena, so therefore i respecced to retribution. You just have to adapt to the new changes, else quit. I feel for you my friend =/
    Yeah, I'll probably end up going to 5v5, easier to fit a warrior and a priest into a 5v5 than a 3v3, but I'll miss being able to be as offensive as I am in 2v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    This is what skirmishes are for.

Blizzard is in a bit of trouble here. Because they can't figure out how to balance 2v2, they are trying to take away incentives to play in the bracket while simultaneously attempting to save it. I think the only reasonable solution I've heard to band-aid 2v2 is to simply raise ratings reqs for gear in this bracket so they are higher than 3s and 5s.

I feel for you LeyLey, I also run with Warrior and Priest in 2v2. I just don't enjoy 3v3 (not to mention Warrior+Priest+whetever in 3v3 isn't very hot either), 5v5 is so annoying to organise, due to people not able to be online at the same time.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.