Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: rogues and axes- is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Giving axes to rogues is not bad for the rogues, but the problem was somewhere else from the beginning. Blizz needed another user for Enhancerweapons. They had one, but the didnt notice.

Hunters!

Hunters can use almost everything. Daggers, Axes Fast Slow Fist Swords.
    But instead of making hunters the next customer for one handed weapons and finally stop putting crapstats on every seconds 2-Hander...
    Hunters like a LOT of the same stats that enhancement shammies and rogues like... Don't they? I mean... Agi, Crit and AP, amirite? SO! If they add more axes for rogues and for shammies, doesn't this mean...? Oh! Wait! More axes for hunters?! Nice side effect of letting rogues use axes, eh?

But if rogues want faster weapons and Shaman and DW DKs want slow weapons then how does this fix ANYTHING??
    it doesn´t. blizzards current exuse is:
    if swords dropped, shamans couldn´t use it
    if fists dropped, death knights couldn´t use it
    if axes dropped, rogues couldn´t use it
    which is in their eyes the root of the problem.

BULLSHIT is what i would call it, weapon-types are there to distinguish different classes, what´s the point in lumping everything together?!

rogues are the only class to wear daggers ( except some weird enhancement shamys, hunters, and death knights ( can they even wear daggers? ) still there are more daggers found in ulduar with phys-dd stats than swords, axes, maces or fists, doesn´t make much sense to me, especially because many rogues have switched to combat-spec in pve.

rogues are also the only class at the moment with any use for fast offhand weapons in general, yet there are dozen of 1.4 daggers and 1.5-1-6 swords, fists, and maces.

im greatful as an enhancement shaman to actually get some axes, but giving them to rogues was completely unnecessary and pointless.

looking at the orc racials which some fellas seem to peer unto: how will you make that work? you will have to either dualwield fists, sacrificing a faster dagger for an offhand fist, dualwield axes ( and implementing fast axes is something as pointless as giving rogues axes in the first place ) or wield an slow axe in main and a fast fist in offhand, which would require you to spec into both talents, gimping you talent build

and everything just to gain some expertise which you will find on your gear anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia
    So if they give us a high quality slow axe and we happen to have a high quality fast sword, I'd put money on them potentially being best in slot since Sword spec (soon to be hack and slash or something) is still the best weapon spec for combat rogues (that's never changed) assuming optimal and equivalent weapon speed/quality.
    This is not true. This *was* true before glyphs, but CQC is better due to more synergy with the glyph of SS. 5% more crits = 5% higher chance of getting an extra CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    They are releasing the ability to use axes in 3.2 with new content that presumably has more optimized axes for rogues...
    This. Or, since Sword Specialization/Hack and Slash will apply to Axes, too, MH slow axe, OH fast sword. I always thought that swords fit better to a PvE/raiding rogue than "puny" daggers - those might be good for a quick clean kill of something not larger than you, but hitting a huge dragon with those...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

One small step for ench shamys (more axes) one gigantic step for me to see my dream come true: rogue tanking ftw ). I hardly wait to roll for tanking axes and go pewpew :P, now i need to get some tanking trinkets.

Lorewise: rogues should have been able to use axes from Vanilla Wow tbh, because axes are 2 sharp pieces of metal bond to a woden stick (swords have 2 sharpened sides, daggers too) so there is no big difference between axes, swords, daggers.

Besides rogues should have been used axes instead of maces long time ago, because its more practical to kill someone by slashing him into pieces with 2 badass looking axes than hit him to death with 2 blunt weapons aka maces. And maces are as big as axes if not bigger, rogue gnome with brutal gladiator 1h maces back in tbc looked like shit if u remember.

Peace.

Edit: now i read all the posts and i thought my post doesnt fit in this thread so i will say smth related to this discussion lol. Using slow axe MH/ fast sword OH will be like using slow sword MH/fast sword OH, but we will look different (and some of us actually like the looks of rogues with axes). In rest i dont see any difference for us. But its good for shamys and huntards and dual wield dks because of better weap itemization, more items to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    This is not true. This *was* true before glyphs, but CQC is better due to more synergy with the glyph of SS. 5% more crits = 5% higher chance of getting an extra CP.
    Actually the SS glyph gives u a 50% chance to add one extra CP when it crits so with a 5% increase in crit chance u have 2.5% higher chance of getting an extra CP. (let us say u have 50% crit chance (for simplicity) then with glyph u have 25% chance to add an extra CP, if u have 55% crit chance then with glyph u have 27.5% chance to add an extra CP).
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaika
    Actually the SS glyph gives u a 50% chance to add one extra CP when it crits so with a 5% increase in crit chance u have 2.5% higher chance of getting an extra CP. (let us say u have 50% crit chance (for simplicity) then with glyph u have 25% chance to add an extra CP, if u have 55% crit chance then with glyph u have 27.5% chance to add an extra CP).
    Just a thought.
    Yes, thats nice. No, I rather go sword or mace atm.
    It gives a way better boost for basic dps over-all. Up to 15% free armor ignore, its way better then a chance to hit a free CP.
    A extra white hit! With maybe a poison procing with it, beats that one tiny free CP. Maybe you can do a faster/extra Evis. Yet, white dmg is still my top DPS including, second fan's and 3th wounded.

So, tell me. Why is it bad that we get axes? You scared to lose VS a enhancement shaman? -Puzzy :'(
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

It does pretty much nothing for us in 3.1.

It'd have been awesome in 1.x, when there were some cool axes from BWL... But those days are long past.

Maybe 3.2 will have some new axes we can use. But until then, just wait for it.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amstelkid
    Yes, thats nice. No, I rather go sword or mace atm.
    It gives a way better boost for basic dps over-all. Up to 15% free armor ignore, its way better then a chance to hit a free CP.
    A extra white hit! With maybe a poison procing with it, beats that one tiny free CP. Maybe you can do a faster/extra Evis. Yet, white dmg is still my top DPS including, second fan's and 3th wounded.

So, tell me. Why is it bad that we get axes? You scared to lose VS a enhancement shaman? -Puzzy :'(
    Except that mathematically speaking the 5% crit is better. Go ahead and create a fake pair of swords or maces with equal stats to the Golden Saronite Dragon and Bladetwister, and check the spreadsheet. The problem with the armor ignore is that in near BiS, with CQC I'm already near the ArP cap, as many are, and the problem with sword spec is the internal cooldown mixed with the lack of synergy with current talents and glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Draymar
    Hunters like a LOT of the same stats that enhancement shammies and rogues like... Don't they? I mean... Agi, Crit and AP, amirite? SO! If they add more axes for rogues and for shammies, doesn't this mean...? Oh! Wait! More axes for hunters?! Nice side effect of letting rogues use axes, eh?
    Yes it is.

Daggers -> AgiAp -> perfect for Hunters
    1H Swords -> AgiAp -> perfect for Hunters
    1H Maces -> AgiAp -> perfect for Hunters
    1H Axes -> AgiAp -> perfect for Hunters
    1H Fists -> AgiAp -> perfect for Hunters
    Feral-Staffs -> AgiAp -> perfect for Hunters

Sounds okey? Fine. Then may someone tell me why approximately 50% of all 2Hand Weapons are made for hunters?

The whole rogues-axe stuff is because 1H Axes needed another user to justify having more axes in the loot tables. There where already enough users. Hunters. Hunters, Hunters. So why didnt they just stop doing Agility on 2Handers and drop more axes and fists?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

DK's can use axes too, and so can furry warriors. Blizzard does want to buff the furry warriors. As for axes, dont you think they will make fast OH axes?
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    DK's can use axes too, and so can furry warriors. Blizzard does want to buff the furry warriors. As for axes, dont you think they will make fast OH axes?
    I just wonder if blizz gonna make +str+stam+crit 1hander weapons next patch or DKs will have to wear useless haste and agility on their weapons.

It was a big Errrr moment for me when I heard about rogues using axes..

Warning, bad pun inc: What does a rogue say when he uses Sprint while dual-wielding axes? Chop chop.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Warning, bad pun inc: What does a rogue say when he uses Sprint while dual-wielding axes? Chop chop.
    And when he does Slice and Dice and Blade Flurry and pops a Haste Potion??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeRwK5Oq_Sk
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Hehe, this one goes into my sig :
    Haters always gonna, 'Hate'.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstelkid
    Hehe, this one goes into my sig :
    w00t I made it into a sig!

Ill have no problem using axes come 3.2, considering im an orc rogue, it will allow me to have 15 expertise while sitting in the orgrimmar bank naked, but i wont use them if they are not itemised properly. i.e. proper speeds.

Tbh ive kinda wanted to be able to use axes as an orc rogue since i started playing the game, just for aesthetics. I would easily take a bad ass combat monster with a pair of axes over a huge orc with tiny daggers sneaking up behind people all the time >.>

Mark my words:

There will be more axes
    They will be both fast and slow but the majority of them will be marked as one hand (not MH or OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp
    Right now theres only 2 1 handed axes in game not counting PvP arena weapons.
    Yes, right now. Don't expect 3.2 to hit and suddenly all rogues run around with BiS axes. Plus, the "shamy axe" is probably a good MH for Combat.