Arena gear, why not BG gear?

i know blizz said something about this be4 but i cant find it. i think it would be nice if there was pvp gear only obtainable by doing so well or a certain thing in BGs.

why not give WSG team charters? and have the 10 man team face another 10 man team just like arena? and have there be rating requirements on gear.

but instead of it being a 2v2/3v3/5v5 man deathmatch it would be like WSG.

this would also help PvP representation IMO

Re: Arena gear, why not BG gear?

Its too hard to measure skill in BGs

Its also horribly unbalanced, as its twice or three times what its balanced around as the maximum

Quote Originally Posted by Xs

Its also horribly unbalanced, as its twice or three times what its balanced around as the maximum
    i agree to some extent but would making WSG a "10v10 arena venue" measure skill?

... it is?

If a team consistently captures 3 flags while the other team can't even get the flag out of the flag room, I'd say they have more skill than a team who consistently captures 3 flags while the other team captures 2.

You're correct in your first sentence, but you couldn't be more wrong about battlegrounds being unbalanced.

The more players you have in a battle, the more class diversity each team will have. Battlegrounds are far more balanced than arenas, and it's probably part of the reason Blizzard wants to refocus on them.

Quote Originally Posted by septor
    ... it is?

If a team consistently captures 3 flags while the other team can't even get the flag out of the flag room, I'd say they have more skill than a team who consistently captures 3 flags while the other team captures 2.
    I don't believe Blizzard will rank players based on team performance. Because they are pugs, you have a mix of great and horrible players, and everything inbetween. You don't want to give crappy Player A points because awesome Player B ran the WSG flag 3 times in a row and won the match in 7 minutes. I think they'll base it on factors such as damage done, healing done, objectives completed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    i know blizz said something about this be4 but i cant find it. i think it would be nice if there was pvp gear only obtainable by doing so well or a certain thing in BGs.

why not give WSG team charters? and have the 10 man team face another 10 man team just like arena? and have there be rating requirements on gear.

but instead of it being a 2v2/3v3/5v5 man deathmatch it would be like WSG.

this would also help PvP representation IMO
    A lot of people are rooting for rated BG type of stuff, but I think they won't be happy once the changes finally come. For an example, it's a pain in the ass already for some people to get a good 5's team, first all the people got to be good, and second, they gotta have a time where they can actually play a lot of matches. With 10 people it'd only be worse, but if you got your teammates picked randomly (and they were scrubs), people would be upset about that too.

Also, I think everyone agrees BG's atm require little skill due to stuff like 4v15 match ups, afk'ers, people in greens, and people saying stuff like "let them win", but in BG's you really have no penalty for dying besides having to wait a few seconds. For an example, would your rating drop down if you died 5 times in your last match? Or would your rating go up because you defended a node even tho nobody tried to attack it? Or would you be able to get an epic from just going around and zerging people? No easy answers for this type of stuff.

If this is true then we'll get our bg gear, and won't need to have a premade to do it.

/prays for this to happen soon

Quote from the last BG I was in:

"they win so much I cant even get honor to buy gear"

and I know there are the same idiots on the other side, I just wish I didnt have to play with them

maybe set up a long term personal rating based on win/loss... so yes, you may be a zerger that never defends points, but that will eventually show up in your PR. Any other way would have people farming X to the detriment of their team, where X is whatever gives them rating.
    Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf paper, scissors are ok.
    Sincerely,
    rock

Well... seeing as my WSG win ratio is just under 90%... bring on the rated WSG!

Giving the best PvP gear through BGs alone would be like giving the best PvE gear through heroics (oh wait they are in 3.2!). Its just not very smart, anyone can do BGs. And even if they somehow found a way to create a rating based on BGs, there are many battlegroups that are severly slanted to one side or the other.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Giving the best PvP gear through BGs alone would be like giving the best PvE gear through heroics (oh wait they are in 3.2!). Its just not very smart, anyone can do BGs. And even if they somehow found a way to create a rating based on BGs, there are many battlegroups that are severly slanted to one side or the other.
    You have good points, but we both know what blizzard is going to do anyways lol..

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

one thing i can see is people makin fun of BG's and it takes no skill, but i remeber back in the day people with Grand marschal status were feared in BG's and would be avoided , i think they need a system that messures your over all input into arena like a top 3 in a list get pionts for rank or something,and once your at the highest rank you can purschase top BG gear like set compareable to top arena gear , and have that title reset every season ,i think tht would be fare

BG gear would be alright, ONLY for "special" BGs, of course. Imagine the current BGs we have are alike to Arena skirmishes. A BG that would grant special items would be alike to a rated arena match, doing it with an organised team. Effectively premades, maybe a step up from that, even. But for normal BGs, no. Why? Because any idiot can do it.

Anyone can do raids. Why does this myth persist that only the best players ever raid? As a former class master believe me, I have seen plenty of bad players wandering around in tier 6 and tier and 8.

As for 'you would never find people to actually do it', that is a rather large amount of rubbish. You would see proper, dedicated PvP guilds just like you do with pvE. You go the Colisseum, they go to the Isle of Conquest.

The problem with BG gear as I see it is that i don't see them making it comparable to Arena gear. Because of this, Battleground players will still get destroyed by Arena players.

Problem with that is PvP is supposed to be competitive(competitive generally means ideally equal gearing IMO), where as PvE is based around progression gearing vs boss mobs.

Completely different in idealistic goals.

They should do away with gear in arena altogether like in the tournaments ;D

Last i checked most of the "arena gear" is stupid bg gear anyways, Honor + arena = stupid honor grind still every season for the nonset pieces.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Why do people who don't play arena QQ about it? Just don't play it! I don't see the people who play arena QQ about BGs. Other than it being boring and useless..