Thread: Casters ?

Casters ?

Where are they all ?.

I do a fair bit of pvp in blackout battle group on EU, every bg i check to see what i'm up against, there are literally no casters playing bg's, the only ones visable are disc priest and resto. The vast majority of bg's are saturated with ret palas , rogues and DK's even warriors appear to be a thing of the past of which i've finally got my alt one to 80 hence me doing even more bg's.

What i would like to know is this trend for some reason just happening on blackout or are there other occurrences.

Re: Casters ?

Quote Originally Posted by perera
    US-Ruin bgs feel the same way
    I feel ya, Ruin is all pallys and rogues, as well as the one pve fire Mage in blues.

Because its really sucks, most casters have a limited resource to fight, in a large scale battle its easy to deplete it.
    And casters are very weak to be on open field where any melee can see and kill you.

as a caster untill my arcane mage is up high enough to pvp for real i'll just be content with sniping

When I tried using my mage for bgs my problem really was death grip related... You can run and try to keep your distance, but sure enough there was one (generally more than one) dk waiting to pull you back onto the angry melee mob. So I went back to my melee to BG.

You go play a caster in a bg full of mele and tell me you dont just facerolled.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Must be your battle group or something. We have plenty of Casters in Shadowburn. But Horde side sucks besides Sargeras and Dark Iron servers.

On Cyclone Battlegroup horde just wont heal. Alliance might have up to 6 healers in WSG while horde aint got one

rest is Melee tbh

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    You go play a caster in a bg full of mele and tell me you dont just facerolled.
    A typical BGer is horrible. Casters may not be super prominent, but if you run into a good one, they'll roll anyone in their BG.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Wexx

I see a fair amount of healers. Typically I stay mounted and ride straight to the back and look for the first person with glowing hands. I don't care if I die, I'll harass them at least.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Before I read this thread I didn't think anything of it, but now you mention it I don't think I've seen another warlock in a bg for well over a week...
    ARMORY - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&cn=Darkfangs

It's not fun to enter somewhere just to get shreded to pieces in a couple of seconds by a few people who you can't even scratch.

There are a lot of melee these days, mostly Ret and DK's. WoW is very melee favorable right now, while casters are very prone to getting gibbed by melee more than ever in WoW's history. I'm not surprised.

I see very few Mages, maybe 1-2 others on average. I see a decent amount of warlocks tho for some odd reason. See quite a few Priests, and even druids to some degreee. But they definitely do not come close to the melee numbers i see on average.

The defensive casters are busy boosting their melee buddies in Arena while the offensive casters have rerolled melee and are being boosted by their defensive caster buddies.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Picklesrtasty
    Cyclone... oh man

A WSG will consist of;

5 DKs, 3 Ret pallys, 1 arms warrior, 1 rogue

Casters and healers are non existent it seems

AV can be painful when we discover we have no healers, and the best we have is 9 ret pallys who refuse to heal
    I second that, if it's EU. Cyclone EU... DK's rets, warriors and rogues. A few disc priests, resto shammys and resto druids. might see a warlock from time to time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Saikred
    Before I read this thread I didn't think anything of it, but now you mention it I don't think I've seen another warlock in a bg for well over a week...
    I'm a 'lock that BGs frequently, just because it's fun... and I agree - there are very rarely 'locks or mages around. I do see a number of disc priests... usually on the Alliance side (I play Horde).

Tons of DKs, ret pallies, and druids. Lots of warriors and rogues. A sizeable number of hunters and disc priests. Not so many shaman. Almost no mages or 'locks.