Page 1 of 2
LastLast

best pvp racial ?

which race as the best pvp racial abilities?
    avoid talking about particular encounter, in general

gnome : Escape Artist : Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect. Instant cast. 1 min, 45 sec cooldown as of Patch 2.3 (was 1 min).

dwarf : Stoneform : Activate to gain immunity to poison, disease, and bleed (will also remove these types of debuffs); +10% Armor; Lasts 8 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

human : Every Man for Himself : Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects, 2 minute cooldown.

night elf Shadowmeld : Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect, 2 minute cooldown.

dranei Gift of the Naaru : Heals the target of 170 damage over 15sec. The amount healed is increased based on the caster's Spell Power or Attack Power, whichever is higher. This ability does not lose casting time from taking damage. 3 minute cooldown.

orc Blood Fury : Activate to increase attack power and spell damage/healing by an amount based on level/class for 15 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.

troll Berserking : Activate to increase attack and casting speed for 10 seconds. Speed is raised by 10% at full health, increasing as health is lost to a maximum bonus of 30%. 3 minute cooldown.
    undead

blood elves : Arcane Torrent : Activate to silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds. In addition, you gain 15 Energy, 15 Runic Power or 6% Mana. 2 min. cooldown.

tauren War Stomp : Activate to stun opponents - Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

Re: best pvp racial ?

j33 i wonder... a free trinket or anything else.......................

your post is useless.. human all the way dude.. a free trinket spot.

Unless you consider that the human racial shares a cooldown with the trinket... So other races get trink + whatever their racial is.

Oh dam...well I never thought that you know.....MAYBE a trinket, bandit's and DMC are just a tiny little bit OP...especially if you are a rogue...but thats..you know...nothing really

and you left out undead...thats right..we all know thats its bad

Personally, I think Humans have the best pvp racial, because you no longer need a trinket(unless you are hurting for resilience) so you can fill that slot with a more effective trinket. However the Undead and Dwarf abilities are really good as well.

PS. you forgot the forsaken

Every Man for Himself was way more OP before the new Wintergrasp trinkets. Now that you can get the same functionality from a DPS trinket, it's not nearly as big of a deal.

I can't believe people don't talk about Arcane Torrent or War Stomp more. I did 3's as a holy paladin in S4. Those two abilities really broke my balls.

For many classes(mostly dps, especially melee) the Human racial is awesome, but for certain classes the Undead racial is just as or more powerful. 3x Undead RMP or Rogue/Priest is insanely difficult for any team that relies on Fear as a CC.

There are many versions of trinkets that give the human racial so I think it's clearly not the winner in this case. All of the Titan-Forged Runes give a choice of +spell, AP, crit, or haste plus the human racial effect.

If I could equip a trinket that gave me +spell with a use ability that gave me an AOE silence/minor resource regen, then I might say human was the best.

If everyone can get your racial plus a passive stat buff, then your racial isn't the best.

Having played every race (besides Troll, NE and Dranei) extensively, I have to say nothing comes close to Human.

Night Elf
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

If ur a rogue go dwarf..... Ferals and arms wont keep u from vanishing with those pesky bleeds

Quote Originally Posted by Billybob77
    your post is useless.. human all the way dude.. a free trinket spot.
    this

If you are good, you want to be undead. Human racial means nothing it is really just a 'nice' thing to have. I would so much rather have a stun, a silence, or a free fear break + a trinket. But whatever. Stoneform is so fucking garbage now that they nerfed it 10 times over. uh.. shadowmeld is a nice free feign death and naaru sucks. Horde are just better in the end i don't care. But I'm stuck with stoneform so i feel that horde are the best.

Human is the best really?

Last time I checked it is way better to have 2 pvp trinkets than 1. (Have you met r/p or r/m/p?)

Undead all the way.

The best racial depends on the class you want to play.

If your alliance human is hands down the best. For horde you can go with Tauren stun, BE silence or Undead, all of those have differing value depending on class.

Shadowmeld sucks ass, too bad i made my warrior when i was 16 and didn't know i was gimping myself in PvP

Humans' racial does need to be toned down abit, maybe making it 3mins so theirs some downside. Then again no one whould use it, maybe just totally changing it would be better.

Most racials don't make a major difference unless you arena, I make my characters based on animations of the toon, some animations suck; think male Orcs, they have the anatomy of a cheap plastic wrestler action figure and move like one too, male Orcs just look dumb as anything but a warrior.

But anyways, my favorite pvp racial has to be cannibalize!
    Insulting and delicious! Won a few 3s eating someone team mate when my healer died or was the only one left.

P.S
    Gnomes need an animation on escape artist. Why have they still not added one?

I try to avoid most PVP, so I don't know how effective it is (If at all anymore), but Humans also have Perception to be considered in racials for PVP.

It depends on the situation, but the 2 best are probably human and undead.