Vampiric Embrace Suggestion

Well I posted this on official forums but I guess it got deleted (dunno why):

Hi. I'm new to this forums os please dont be too hars h on me. If anyone likes the Idea and has acces to the US forums, feel free to post it there.

Basicly I feel that shadow priests are a bit weak in PvP and hace a bit of a scaling problem with high end gear. I would see this fixed with a bit of a tweek to Vampiric embrace.

VE as it is is quite useful in ulduar and certain other fights for its healing purposes, but not raid wide. I'd like to see it's healing buffed a bit on the raid members aswell as a little tweek to our dps. In my oppinon Vampiric Embrace could stand up to its name and do the following thing. It could have not heal but leech the target's health for ceratin % amount (I will avoid any exact numbers) and heal you and your party/raid members for certain amount. As I see this would be greatly overpowered with the numbers and w/o cooldown, it could've been put on a cooldown (lets say 3 minutes, just for the argument's sake) and have the numbers tweeked to serve the purpose. That's how we would be given a decent burst when needed (correct me if I am wrong but afaik we have no class cooldown that would rise our dps in the way let's say rogue's AR does), and would offer as an additional utility for fights like (from the top of my head) Horseman, if the healers fail in the last bit of Rivendare and/or Thane.

Ofcourse that sort of ability would load us with aggro, wich is a problem already (maybe it's just me, but if I use VE, I am most certain to pull aggro if I dont hold back a little), so we could've get reduced threat for the duration of the ability.

This are only few of my thoughts, I know this wouldnt've solved the problems with scalin nor PvP entierly, but we would at least get a dmg increase cooldown, increased survavability, return a bit of utility we lost with WotLK, aswell as a bit of the burst we lack at the moment, especialy in arenas.

I know this is a wall of text most of the person will be terrified with, I am also aware of my bad spelling and that most of the people will disagree and/or have better solutions for this matter, but please dont flame and rather offer a constructive feedback and coorect me in the points where I'm mistaken.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I wasnt sure if I should post this in suggetion or priest forums, but it doesnt matter anyway since our (European) forums are laughing stock for blizzard. So, if you find my (or any following) suugestions fine or even excelent and fitting, please do post them on US forums.

Thank you.

Well, if any1 knows why the heck this post got deleted please tell me, and please do post your response on the suggestion.
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

Re: Vampiric Embrace Suggestion

threat? aggro?
    ure shadow right?

Shadow Affinity+Shadowform=55% less threat.
    unless you have a rogue tank there is now way to steal agro...

other than that its realy cool idea to actualy leech life problem is with the math.
    if u give raid wide 5% of dmg and to self 25% of dmg as health... and your dps is 4k,
    that means that u have 1k hps on self alone... if that was leeching hps it will jump u to 5k dps without u doing anything else special... add the raid wide 5% and u see where this is going.
    Paranoid Tank: "Always be prepared for something to eat the healer..."

Yeah well, with Ve active and a nice dps, our aggro (at least mine) goes sky high.
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

Imo the way to go probably is for it to work like the Replenishment of hunter, lock, pally but with HP instead of mana. That way aggro from healing will not be a problem any longer.

As no class is allowed to bring anything special to a raid nowadays...they even made pally buffs baseline *still doesnt help that they take the most time to do*...so saying that SP's should have a useful RAIDwide healing aura would be really cool.

They gimp us in the end-game stats and we are falling behind other classes with a rotation that needs perfection to compete with them spamming stuff.

It would be nice if VE was raidwide and if it healed for a generic 1% health every 3 seconds or soemthing like that, and IMO having threat be an issue is one of the things classes need more of. Make us think about when we use VE, make it so the healing aggro is immense so we have to think about something else, it could be fun.

I think that VE should be converted into a Replenishment type effect. Currently the healing done, while nice on some fights, is just generally lackluster overall.

Changing it into a replenishment type buff that buff up to 5 raid members and cause them to regenerate 3% of their total hp over 15seconds. This would make the heal from VE actually worthwhile.

However I don't think that it will happen because then SPriests would be in demand for raid stacking again.
    Blood
    Resto

Quote Originally Posted by Shibba
    threat? aggro?
    ure shadow right?

Shadow Affinity+Shadowform=55% less threat.
    unless you have a rogue tank there is now way to steal agro...

other than that its realy cool idea to actualy leech life problem is with the math.
    if u give raid wide 5% of dmg and to self 25% of dmg as health... and your dps is 4k,
    that means that u have 1k hps on self alone... if that was leeching hps it will jump u to 5k dps without u doing anything else special... add the raid wide 5% and u see where this is going.
    agrred thats the best explanation
    Your signature is too big. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel
    Yeah well, with Ve active and a nice dps, our aggro (at least mine) goes sky high.
    You must play with the worst tanks every... the only VE threat issues I ever had were 6min maly attempts that was 100% due to the fact that I got 100% dps time vs a tanks 90% threat time and got damge buffs the tank didnt... and even then a tank who was smart enough to put a bit of threat gear on solved the issue.

The only time threat is an issue is large damage buffs such as Hodir & General... other than that threat is an almost non-existent worry for spriests. Particularly if you realise that Spirit Tap & IST are wasted points and you take shadow affinity instead (very useful on Hodir & General and very useful for AoE on trash).

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Particularly if you realise that Spirit Tap & IST are wasted points and you take shadow affinity instead (very useful on Hodir & General and very useful for AoE on trash).
    Quoted for truth, it's incredibly hard to pull aggro with shadow affinity, I'd say near impossible.

Getting back to the point the OP made... I agree that VE needs a change, while the 15/25% self healing is quite nice the 3/5% party healing is basically useless. The party healing got changed to 3/5% as a quick fix to help prevent class stacking. Quick fixes need long term solutions and VE hasn't recieved one as yet.

Changing VE to what the OP described completely changes the talent and the way the OP described his change it would have to act as another DoT. I don't want any more DoTs, particularly ones on any form of CD. DoTs are great for long term damage but the major weakness of the spriest is their ability to burst... there is literally no burst option to a spriest other than MB/SW which is a very small amount of burst that has quite a negative side-effect.

Instead I'd rather see VE reinstated back to 25% party healing but have some mechanic to make stacking spriests redundant... ie. Only one application of VE will cause healing in a given party, or remove the group healing aspect all together and give VE some other buff to compensate.

I don't know what the solution is to the burst problem I talk about. We should be able to choose a set of spells that provide good long term damage (ie. DoTs MB with MF filler) and we should have a set of spells that provide a decent amount of font loaded damage but with a cost to long term damage and mana (probably requires some form of nuke spells that would be undesirable to cast consistently). It's very apparent in encounters which involve target switching to low health targets that we simply don't do enough. Casting any DoTs on a target that won't tick twice is a waste of a GCD and mana. It leaves us with 1 spell on a 7sec cycle that we are lucky to cast once and one of the worst DPS spells in the game that just doesn't do enough in a burst capacity.

25% to party would be so OP and you'd be kicking out insane HPS. some fights I'm doing near the same as the worst healers HPS wise.

threat, an issue, you must have really bad tanks lol.

With a MD/TotT pull I can unload full nuke and Omen never shouts at me. That's with Doting up on the pull also so even a MB crit doesn't get close to pulling agro. I have 0/3 shadow affinity. Never needed any points in there during WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    25% to party would be so OP and you'd be kicking out insane HPS. some fights I'm doing near the same as the worst healers HPS wise.

threat, an issue, you must have really bad tanks lol.

With a MD/TotT pull I can unload full nuke and Omen never shouts at me. That's with Doting up on the pull also so even a MB crit doesn't get close to pulling agro. I have 0/3 shadow affinity. Never needed any points in there during WotLK.
    Try getting the Storm Power buff on Hodir and doing full dps with 0/3 Shadow Affinity... or full dps in the first shadow crash on General. It certainly has it's applications on some specific boss encounters and it's a nice utility to have in clearing trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyech
    I think that VE should be converted into a Replenishment type effect. Currently the healing done, while nice on some fights, is just generally lackluster overall.

Changing it into a replenishment type buff that buff up to 5 raid members and cause them to regenerate 3% of their total hp over 15seconds. This would make the heal from VE actually worthwhile.

However I don't think that it will happen because then SPriests would be in demand for raid stacking again.
    This is an idea much like I've thought.

Another option which would probably make it slightly better for PVE and worlds better for PVP (where it needs a buff the most) would be to make Vampiric Embrace a buff instead of a debuff. I think the best option would be to attach a Replenishment type buff for health to Devouring Plague, which already has a cooldown so that it's limited to a single target. Thus, Vampiric Embrace would increase the amount of self-healing from Devouring Plague (whether it's a Replenishment HoT, or X%) and then you could throw the Vampiric Embrace buff on a friendly target and they would get some amount of that healing as well.

For instance, change Devouring Plague to restore, say 2% of your maximum health per second while active. Vampiric Embrace would grant half that amount to whoever has that buff (which, to prevent it from being OP, won't stack). Then Improved Vampiric Embrace can increase the amount healed by Devouring Plauge by 50%/100% (3%/4% amount healed). So if you have ~24-25k Health raid buffed, you'd get ~1k HPS on yourself (maybe a bit of a nerf, but not a big deal), but a tank with 45k health would get 900 HPS, so it would be a nice consistent HoT on the tank. Of course, I could easily see some adjustments to numbers to make it work better

I think something like that, would be a lot more useful in PVP too, since you could throw the buff on a partner (probably make it undispellable) and help keep the burn target alive without having to drop Shadowform and heal.

Of course, what I'd be more likely to suspect would be the creation of a raid-type healing Replenishment buff granted by, say, Shadow Priests, Ret Pallies, Shamans (via healing Stream), and maybe one other class. And it would just be a silly X% of your maximum health per second for X seconds proc. I could still see them attaching it to Devouring Plague, and while it would be nice from their homogenization perspective, it would be pretty unimaginative and wouldn't help Shadow Priests at all in PVP.