Poll: Should there be an attunement to Icecrown Citadel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel: Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Melane
    The poll says otherwise.
    Oh, you mean the SEVENTY-FIVE people that care enough to answer the poll?

I will enlist in your statistics class Mr. Professor.
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

PTR, Tirion says the tournament is there to create a small force of skilled soldiers to down the lich king, he states that if we just went in we'd only help the lich king. The tournaments purpose is to find the best of the best.

I'm paraphrasing but it sounds like completing 3.2 will be an attunement. hopefully.

No attunement, make arthas hard but not impossible for people to beat. People need to get over this concept of impossible, only 1% of people that play get to beat bosses. Its a bad buisness model. Its a bad game model. I know there are people who like to stroke themselves when they walk around Dalaran with their hard to get epics, but get over yourselves. Accessible games are always better games.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretushi
    Oh, you mean the SEVENTY-FIVE people that care enough to answer the poll?

I will enlist in your statistics class Mr. Professor.
    so... why exactly do you think players are happy? polls obviously have no value to you. i guess we just have to trust your infinite wisdom.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

15+ Year Old Account

Though a real attunement would be cool, Tirion actually made the Colliseum the 'attunement'.

No.

However, there should be an event to open the gates. Like the AQ gate opening event, with a loooooooooong questline. But even more awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoshoes
    Stupid Arthas. Worst ret noob ever. Whatever you do, don't join an instance with him!

Though I hear he's rerolled Deathknight now and changed his name.

I miss doing attunement chains. They have watered down this game so much and this should not have to be one of those points. Especially given how easy raids are now.

Chain:
    1. Kill some mobs for parts to an amulet (since a key seems kind of retarded to use on a door as big as the one for IC).
    2. Kill Kel'thuzad to acquire the casing for the amulet.
    3. Take the parts to Gadgetzan and have one of the goblins assemble them into the Amulet mold.
    4. Take the mold to the Obsidian Sanctuary and get hit with a flame wave during Sartheron fight to heat the key into its final form.
    5. Take the completed amulet to the front door of IC, use it, and watch epic cutscene.
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos
    Yes, I am hoping that there will be some epic attunement quest/event, as someone already said I guess it's not just like Lich King suddenly just opens the gates
    yes it wouldn't be like he just opened the door, but i think it's bull that you would need some fancy magical amulet to open a door, i'd rather see it like some sort of siege (make the court of bones part of the instance) like ulduar, in my opinion the protection of a big giant door is not the magical things around it, it's the fact that it is a big giant door made of metal, there for blasting it open is the best option, besides who makes a fortress/castle door that can be opened from out side with any means other than siege?

Everyone should have the possibility to kill him, even the casuals/ semi casuals guilds.

I'd make it like:

Normal mode: Fight him, he stops the fight at 10%, runs away/calls other to fight for him. No legendaries.

Heroic Mode: with a 20 chain-quest long attunement: Fight him, kill him, get legendaries, ultra loot and a follow up q/discover new lore with cinematic and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lulzpie
    Not that I think this questline is good, but you sir are stupid aswell. When's the last time you had a hard time finding a spot in a naxx10 or 25m raid or a sarth10 or 25m raid? Hmmmmmmm? See where this is going?
    You're calling him dumb? Seriously learn to read and comprehend. He said "Lets say you get 25 people attuned, but next week 3 people from the previous week cant make it. You have to go through the annoying raid attunment quests again just for 3 people. Its a waste of time."

MEANING, that sure you can find people for Naxx, OS, ECT. but last week you got 25 people attuned for IC then three of them were out on a date unable to raid, well you still need three people, so you take them through the annoying long ass atunement just so you can raid.

He in no way meant that he had a hard time finding... you know what never mind you're probably scratching your head right now going HUH?

i liked attunments but the whole problem with them was new recruits. Having to make sure all 25 members were attuned was a pain. I'm more a fan of the malygos type attunment where only one needs it to do it. Or Algalon is another great example (even though he's optional)

What about an attunement like they have for maly? Where one person can unlock the instance for the whole raid. That seems more practical in this expansion for the casual.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zarosia
    Yes there SHOULD be an attunement, just like there should have been an attunement to every raid in WotLK, but sadly there wont be as it defeats blizzards plan to allow every one who pays a subscription to get into any raid they want no matter how potentially awful they are
    why shouldnt people who pay exactly the same amount of money as you do dont have access to the same content?

its like if i buy the same car as you do but i dont get an engine

Hard and epic attunement, yes gief!
    Like, killing KT, maly, vezax (because its still doable for nublings), sarth3D and the wintergrasp bosses.
    Syobon action-cat for secret last boss in WotLK!

You have to have the Crusader title? check. But there goes the alt runs lololol
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vazhra
    I miss doing attunement chains. They have watered down this game so much and this should not have to be one of those points. Especially given how easy raids are now.

Chain:
    1. Kill some mobs for parts to an amulet (since a key seems kind of retarded to use on a door as big as the one for IC).
    2. Kill Kel'thuzad to acquire the casing for the amulet.
    3. Take the parts to Gadgetzan and have one of the goblins assemble them into the Amulet mold.
    4. Take the mold to the Obsidian Sanctuary and get hit with a flame wave during Sartheron fight to heat the key into its final form.
    5. Take the completed amulet to the front door of IC, use it, and watch epic cutscene.
    This is very original and not like several other quest chains that already exist in WoW.

i think there should be a attunment but one that can be some where a long the lines of BoA so that u can come along with alts if ur guild can do the place first with your mains and what not

so a Boa attunment that wuld help the ones with many lvl 80s so they all dont have to do the same quest line again and again

I think argent Colisium will be the attunement. Even in the tournament they say that only the strongest and those who prove themselves will be going on the assault on Icecrown....I think it would work in pretty well to put the attunement in with Argent Colisium.
    Science flies you to the moon -
    Religion flies you into buildings

Lilt

We have attunement quests etc Kill sapph to unlock maly, which is much better compared to Bc, (30 people online inguild, only 24 attuned, lets call it).
    Wotlk attunements imo are better than before

Quote Originally Posted by thewax
    why shouldnt people who pay exactly the same amount of money as you do dont have access to the same content?

its like if i buy the same car as you do but i dont get an engine
    and your reasoning is more like, why should I even bother entering an arena. That guy over there has super flashy purples, why can't I have his stuff? I pay the same as he does.

There nothing wrong with an attunement, everyone still has to do the same thing at there own rate. Kinda like any raid, except with an added kick.