Reflective Shield Bug?

Ok, so I know I just made a thread about PvP spec help, and trinkets, but this is about a specific bug I encountered today.

My current spec is PvE, does not include Reflective Shield since I hit lvl 80 (was a godsend leveling :P) Anyway, in WSG, we had 3 disc priests and a resto druid. The other 2 disc priests had reflective shield, which is kinda a duh for PvP.

But the weird thing: If they were to cast a shield on ME, I'd gain the reflective shield ability, even though Blizzard has stated multiple times it only affects the priest who casts it. If they were to cast on a different class, nothing was to happen.

After testing with 2 friends, we found that if cast on a priest (by a priest with the talent), regardless of the targets talents, they will gain the reflective shield from the priest who cast it. This does not seem to carry over to other classes, however it did work when specced Disc, Holy, and Shadow.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or is there a bug affecting my character in which my last spec that is currently my disc spec had Reflective Shield before I respecced? I'd test more myself, but my friends logged off :P

EDIT: And to clarify: I only noticed this because I would randomly see hits/crits of 2k+ on my screen, when I wasnt doing anything, just healing the FC. So I looked in log, and saw that after being shielded by the dwarf, reflective shield was proccing, and kept proccing throughout the bg. I did like 100k damage through it alone >_>

Re: Reflective Shield Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    The other 2 disc priests had reflective shield, which is kinda a duh for PvP.
    why is it "duh" to have RS in PvP..?

and no I have never seen that bug atleast.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Utterly game breaking,

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Interesting...weird no one has anything real to say about it. I'm going to try and check it out when I can. I miss when it used to work on other people, I don't get why it had to change if it was once like that.

At least they said they would like to do it again.

But no, I haven't encountered this or even heard of it until now!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    Interesting...weird no one has anything real to say about it. I'm going to try and check it out when I can. I miss when it used to work on other people, I don't get why it had to change if it was once like that.

At least they said they would like to do it again.

But no, I haven't encountered this or even heard of it until now!
    If I remember my blue posts right, Reflective Shields never worked right from inception, though their intent was to have it work like the tooltip use to read. Since they couldn't/wouldn't fix the issue, they just changed the tooltip to match how it was really working in game.

I've noticed a similar bug being holy in my guilds 25m raids.. we run with a disc priest as well and my prayer of mending (just this one spell oddly enough) seems to proc divine aegis while both of us are in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    If I remember my blue posts right, Reflective Shields never worked right from inception, though their intent was to have it work like the tooltip use to read.&#160; Since they couldn't/wouldn't fix the issue, they just changed the tooltip to match how it was really working in game.
    Yeah I read some blue posts that said something like that too, and they made me feel like I was crazy because I swear I have seen damage going off when I cast a shield on other people. I saw the damage pop up on my screen as if it was mine. I think maybe they meant they couldn't make the damage "belong" to the person that had the shield on them.

I remember seeing that I had DPS done in recount even though I haven't gotten hit but I was casting shield on the tanks.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctavice
    I've noticed a similar bug being holy in my guilds 25m raids.. we run with a disc priest as well and my prayer of mending (just this one spell oddly enough) seems to proc divine aegis while both of us are in the raid.
    I've noticed this about three times lately, but it is not all the time. My Prayer of Mending crits seem to proc divine aegis when a disc priest is in the raid, and it showed up on RecountGuessedAbsorbs as well... Very strange. About the Reflective Shield thing, I have not heard of this but I'm doing some battlegrounds today and will follow up with what I find out.

About my sig, I raid as holy but specced disc for bgs :P. Got my pvp gear on too.