Just an enhancement talent idea...

I've seen most of the melees have a skill for getting fast close to the enemy, on both pvp and pve. Warriors got charge and similars, rogues got shadowstep and sprint, kitty's got leap and dash, and shammy enhance just gets frost shock for pvp and nothing for pve, so i was thinking, to not repeat everything again and again, lets think of a way of making shaman enhance get back to dps fast without just making another charge. So i thought of 2 ideas.
    The first one was pretty boring, some kind of talent that would make one SS to win 10-20 extra yards, and when used would turn the shammy on some kind of lightning charge that is shot to the enemy and doing stormstrike to it. Looks pretty much like just another charge to me, but it would look great..

The idea i would stick to is the second one i got, which is an activable skill given as talent that would be called Wind Striker, which using the power of the wind would let the shaman to increase his melee range by 10-20 yards for 5 seconds or so, letting him do auto-attacks, stormstrike and lava lash like "tossing" his weapons, or carried by the wind, using em as boomerangs. It would look just too cool and it would solve a bit the distance time losing on PVE encounters, when you have to change targets to quickly in a good distance. The CD would have to be a bit large just for not making it op in pvp. It wouldn't really change the shaman's base damage too.

Opinions? (this is pretty much useless since im no programer of blizz and this is no official forums but meh..)
    Mahavailo - Ragnaros
    Enhancement Shaman

Re: Just an enhancement talent idea...

i dont like like this at all. you shouldnt have to much of a problem in pve with range to the point were you NEED a closer. and if you do then you could just use feral spirits and use the dash they have...

imo its not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    i dont like like this at all. you shouldnt have to much of a problem in pve with range to the point were you NEED a closer. and if you do then you could just use feral spirits and use the dash they have...

imo its not needed.
    What about PvP?
    Enhanc shamans really need some love there,they're easily kiteable which makes them drop like a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Svens
    What about PvP?
    Enhanc shamans really need some love there,they're easily kiteable which makes them drop like a rock.
    Earthen Power, anyone? Not enough, ok, how about Frozen Power? Still not enough... ok. Next patch Ghost Wolf makes you, for all intents and purposes, immune to Snares.

Seriously, Enhancement has a lot of options to stay on target, and are easily one of the least kiteable classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Earthen Power, anyone? Not enough, ok, how about Frozen Power? Still not enough... ok. Next patch Ghost Wolf makes you, for all intents and purposes, immune to Snares.

Seriously, Enhancement has a lot of options to stay on target, and are easily one of the least kiteable classes.
    And also one of the weakest hitting in PvP gear!

not to be mean but some people on this thred dont know how to use spells properly so ill explane

in raiding i played a ret paladin. i NEVER had a problem staying on bosses in raids and was able to have an avrage dps of 4k on all bosses with 5k+ on stand still bosses. pve isnt a problem if you know how to play your class then there is no reason to have a closer...

pvp however is diffrent and you do need one however shamans do not, if you know what your doing and your timing is good. ill give you a list of everyting you can do to close your targets...

ghost wolf - next patch makes it so you cant go under 100% very much like a no cd blessing of freedom for your self.

frost shock ( even none tallented ) - 50% slower for 8 seconds with a 6 second cd. if you tallent it then you get a 5 second freeze to.

earthbind totem - tallented drops your oponents movement by 50% and remeoves snairs on you. and makes you imune to more

feral spirits - gives 60% movment speed and removes slowing affects. if used properly can be used twice in the 45 seconds they are up.

frost brand weapon - a passive chance on hit for your off hand that most enhance use in pvp as a standerd for slowing and a 10% damage buff for most spells. has a prity high proc chance even with slow 1h weapons and i have no problem with it droping for very long.

as you can see enhance has several options to avoid kiting and stick to your targets. no changes are needed right now for that. if you get kited around like an idiot then you are not doing what you should be. for those of you crying about being kited imo actualy take a look at what you have to counter it. if the number = 0 you have a point if it = 5 ( as in this case ) then you realy shouldnt complane and find better ways to utalize your given spells to there optimal performence.

As people said already, this isn't really an issue in PVE, well... in some cases it could make some different but that would be just in some rare and specific situations where you can already solve the problem by using your ghost wolves "dash" like rogues do, in PVP, there's that and ghost wolf also, I agree some of your ideas would be cool and fun but they wouldn't really fill any big gaps.
    Regarding to the lack of love that someone talked about, that lack of love is mainly in survivability and some burst damage like even blizzard said so, not from not having a charge or anything, good use of feral spirit abilities, Frost shock combined with frozen power is really enough imo...
    You have to learn to accept that not all classes have to function the same way, for example warriors have charge and intercept, DKs have the opposite, enhancement shamans have something that might be somewhere in between, we freeze our opponents to the ground making so we can catch up with them faster

Deleted

1. You have spell to cast while running to the enemyn its not much but its something.
    2. You will soon have improved ghost wolf to run to your enemy.
    3. Got bored reading so stopped after first few lines.