Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: elemental shaman evolution...

Quote Originally Posted by c12345
    Dmg all together shouldnt be greater than soc. Hell, i dont it to be op, just wanna have something to compete with the rest. In raid it should increase ur dmg with a bit more than 5 %.
    And the idea of Baabinator would be somewhere close to keeping up with the rest. Giving a spell a chance to do 20% more damage when we are "close" to fine in PvE on single target is way to OP. Just an AoE with a small effect does the trick.

Work on it how Sarac? I messed up on a wee part. It is 5 levels of increased damage after the first part. So with about 800-850 damage, that would be 1550-1600 Max.

Maybe a 12% base mana cost, a bit more then lavaburst. The full 3 seconds of charging would effectivly give the same amount of damage as a Lavaburst crit with out any spellpower. Thought it also has a longer cooldown as well. I was thinking about a slowing effect, but we already have Frost shock and earthbind for slows.

The bleed dot would effectivly be useless for instant casts thought. A dot that tics every 2 seconds and only lasts 2 seconds isn't that great. It's more effective with the full 12 seconds.

The Real power is in it's unique mechanic for pvp and pve. Got a high mobility fight boss in PvE? You now got another instant cast to use along with your shock spells. In pvp, got hit by an interupt while casting? No problem, the spell would do the damage on the level it got interupted on.

Think if it as a reverse channeling spell.

Maybe 700-750 damage instant and 1450-1500 for a fully charge.

well, its 10 % btw, not 20 % that would be op.

And according the the dot and explosion etc, i kinda misslooked, adjusted my things right now, forgot a few times what i wrote earlier in the post, my idea was going for a small aoe effect, kinda used a few words to many.

And srry for the wall of text, got to many ideas and to less knowledge of the english language to explain it very compact.

may look silly idea but:

Crushing Wave: frontal cone aoe (like cone of cold) with about 15y range , about 1 min cd and low man cost. Stuns targets for 1 sec and leaves them wet so they takes 10% more damage from lightning bolt/ chain lightning/ thunderstorm

15+ Year Old Account

Hailstorm:
    The shaman surrounds himself with dark stormclouds. The clouds follow him, pelting any enemies around him with heavy hailstones. The closer an enemy approaches, the more damage the hail does.
    780 mana.
    Max range 15 yards.
    20 second duration.
    xx-xx frost damage if an enemy is 15-7 yards away from shaman
    Additionally, deals an extra yy-yy frost damage and slows attack and movement speed by 25% if an enemy gets to within less than 7 yards of the shaman.

I see this working simmilar to the (currently pre 3.2) Unholy Blight DKs have in that it follows the shaman around. Not sure how easily the range thing could be implemented though.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Durenek
    Hailstorm:
    The shaman surrounds himself with dark stormclouds. The clouds follow him, pelting any enemies around him with heavy hailstones. The closer an enemy approaches, the more damage the hail does.
    780 mana.
    Max range 15 yards.
    20 second duration.
    Additionally, deals an extra yy-yy frost damage and slows attack and movement speed by 25% if an enemy gets to within less than 7 yards of the shaman.

I see this working simmilar to the (currently post 3.2) Unholy Blight DKs have in that it follows the shaman around. Not sure how easily the range thing could be implemented though.
    Don't they already have a a mechanic like that with the lightning nova from Loken. Ok your idea is reverse of Loken's Lightning nova but it would work.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    Work on it how Sarac? I messed up on a wee part. It is 5 levels of increased damage after the first part. So with about 800-850 damage, that would be 1550-1600 Max.

Maybe a 12% base mana cost, a bit more then lavaburst. The full 3 seconds of charging would effectivly give the same amount of damage as a Lavaburst crit with out any spellpower. Thought it also has a longer cooldown as well. I was thinking about a slowing effect, but we already have Frost shock and earthbind for slows.

The bleed dot would effectivly be useless for instant casts thought. A dot that tics every 2 seconds and only lasts 2 seconds isn't that great. It's more effective with the full 12 seconds.

The Real power is in it's unique mechanic for pvp and pve. Got a high mobility fight boss in PvE? You now got another instant cast to use along with your shock spells. In pvp, got hit by an interupt while casting? No problem, the spell would do the damage on the level it got interupted on.

Think if it as a reverse channeling spell.

Maybe 700-750 damage instant and 1450-1500 for a fully charge.
    Was more aiming to the fact of numbers (damage) how exactly to use it, and how it would benefit us for PvE and PvE without other classes being able to say "NERF". (filtering awai nabs who alwais say nerf ofc :P )

Quote Originally Posted by c12345
    well, its 10 % btw, not 20 % that would be op.

And according the the dot and explosion etc, i kinda misslooked, adjusted my things right now, forgot a few times what i wrote earlier in the post, my idea was going for a small aoe effect, kinda used a few words to many.

And srry for the wall of text, got to many ideas and to less knowledge of the english language to explain it very compact.
    10% is way to much damage for 30 sec; you could make it something like 10% more dmg for 5-10 sec or 2-5% more dmg for 10-15 seconds. It is really dangerous to take a "%" on damage because considering we are already doing "close to fine" on most Ulduar bosses we would be outscaling other classes way to much on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by H4Ld1R
    may look silly idea but:

Crushing Wave: frontal cone aoe (like cone of cold) with about 15y range , about 1 min cd and low man cost. Stuns targets for 1 sec and leaves them wet so they takes 10% more damage from lightning bolt/ chain lightning/ thunderstorm
    Seems cool only change the stun to 50% lower speed for 5-10 seconds and take 2% more damage from nature spells for 10-15 seconds.

Hailstorm:
    780 mana.
    Max range 15 yards.
    20 second duration.

I see this working simmilar to the (currently post 3.2) Unholy Blight DKs have in that it follows the shaman around. Not sure how easily the range thing could be implemented though.
    A big problem here would be that it would be to OP combined with Magma totem for Enhance shamans, it could give them 2x AoE abilities while being able to use normal cycle/spells.
    Maybe if Magma totem changes soon this could become awesome.

Not trying to seem like a smartass on these things, jus trying to form OP good ideas, to just ideas that would make it fit to our class without everybody spamming "NERF" to us.
    (If im rong on any of these things correct me, would love to create a perfect new spell with other palyers that is good for all )

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure, shamans aoe is pretty gimp, if hailstorm ticked for as much as unholy blight did, it wouldnt be very strong at all, it'd be more for a utility in pvp to have a slow that moved with you, and another button to push after you'd dropped your magma totem and were waiting the 2-3 seconds for chain lightning to come off CD :P
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Shamans remind me alot of druids from diablo 2 and as such i want them to have these abilities.

Fissure:6% base mana cost
    Cracks the very earth at the will of the shaman. Creating fissure in a designated area that tick for 159-210 damage(scales with sp/ap) every 1 second for 6 seconds and slowing any enemies within the fissure by 30%. 10 second cd.

Tornado: 8%% base mana cost
    Summons a tornado that races out in a cone in front of the shaman knocking back enemies withing 8yds damaging them for X-amount of dmg(would scale off sp so i don't know anything to put) and giving them a 50% dazed movement speed reduction for 3 seconds. 18 second cd.

Molten Boulder:12% base mana cost
    The shaman sunders the very earth underneath him sending a boulder barreling in a cone in front of him for 15yds, anyone struck by this boulder takes 500 fire damage and gets a debuff "molten earth". The boulder will keep rolling till it reaches 15yds where it will explode and deal damage to anyone in a 8yd radius that has the debuff "molten earth" inflicting another 1500 fire dmg. 15 second cd.(shares cd with tornado).

So what do ya think?

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account

Heres another one, going on a simmilar idea to Hailstorm

Duststorm
    The shaman summons a howling wind to stir up a swirling duststorm around the shaman obscuring him and his party members from view.
    780 mana
    15 yard range (radius?)
    15 second duration
    45 second cooldown
    The shaman and his party members take 3% less damage from direct damage spells and enemies caught in the storm have their chance to hit the shaman and his party members reduced by 15%.

Firestorm
    The shaman summons a fiery volcanic wind to surround him. The firestorm deals fire damage to any foe caught in the fiery vortex and also refreshes the duration of flameshock on any targets when they innitially enter it's radius.
    780 mana
    15 second duration
    45 second cooldown
    Firestorm deals xx-xx fire damage every three seconds to any enemies caught in the vortex. The first time Firestorm ticks it refreshes flameshock on the target if it is able to.

Just some other thoughts.

Duststorm
    The shaman summons a howling wind to stir up a swirling duststorm around the shaman obscuring him and his party members from view.
    780 mana
    15 yard range (radius?)
    15 second duration
    45 second cooldown
    The shaman and his party members take 3% less damage from direct damage spells and enemies caught in the storm have their chance to hit the shaman and his party members reduced by 15%.
    Are u serious? 15% reduced hit. I say shenanigans. No buff will ever be that strong in pvp. You have to think that 2h users are usually around 5% for their cap and 1h/1h users roughly around 9% in pvp i think.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

ok Sarac, I shall go by each of your points.

~how exactly to use it
    The spell itself works just like you would cast a lightning bolt or a lavaburst. However, unlike Lavaburst and Lightning bolt, the spell will not be totally cancled when you move or interupted. Thought it will not do full damage, it is better then nothing.

~benefit For us in PvE
    It gives us a tool to use on fights with alot of movement.
    It also gives us a tool that if we are standing still and the fire gets put under our feet and we are forced to move, we still can do some damage.
    The instant version of the spell would be a "cheaper" fire shock with a longer cooldown.

~Benefit for us in PvP
    It gives us a UA style spell. Thought instead of punishing the despeller, it punishes people who don't interupt it. This also forces people to use thier interupt on the Frost school, leaving our other schools of magic more "safe" from interupts.
    Again, it gives us a bit more mobility.

~Damage
    I'll change it again.

500-550 Frost damage is the "least" amount of damage it can do before spell power. This is the same amount of damage Fire shock does. The dot will do about 100 damage. Since the dot only gets one tic the total damage would be 600-650 damage.

The damage will go up by 150 for each of the 5 stages of the spell pass the instant.

That would make the max do 1250 to 1300 damage before spell power and the dot would do 6 tics of 100. So the final damage would be around 1850 to 1900 damage.

The spell would do less damage then a Lavablash unless it crits. So maybe increase the upgrades by 200 inteased of 150?

~The final spell would be like

-Crystal Rain
    10% base mana 30 yard range
    3 Second cast time 12 Second cooldown

Summon shards of Crystalized rain to strike down your target, doing 1250 to 1300 damage and causing the target to bleed for 12 Seconds. If this spell gets interupted in any way, Crystal rain will still strike the target but for weaker damage.

Another version of the spell

-Crystal Rain
    10% base mana 30 yard range
    3 Second cast time 12 second cooldown

Summon shards of crystalized rain to strike down your target, Each shard doing 250 damage and will cause the target to bleed for 2 seconds. The longer you cast this spell, the more shards you will summon.

Problem with the alternet version is the fact that, it suffers from the effect of the channeled spells. The first version would not suffer as much from this drawback since it has a "base" damage and the longer you hold the cast, the more damage it adds but it won't be as much. Each version has the same amount of damage(ok roughly) for a full cast.

Deleted

Heres another one, going on a simmilar idea to Hailstorm

Duststorm
    780 mana
    15 yard range (radius?)
    15 second duration
    45 second cooldown

Firestorm
    The shaman summons a fiery volcanic wind to surround him. The firestorm deals fire damage to any foe caught in the fiery vortex and also refreshes the duration of flameshock on any targets when they innitially enter it's radius.
    780 mana
    15 second duration
    45 second cooldown
    Firestorm deals xx-xx fire damage every three seconds to any enemies caught in the vortex. The first time Firestorm ticks it refreshes flameshock on the target if it is able to.

Just some other thoughts.
    Duststorm : I got only 1 word for it and thats AWESOME. (Only for elementel and Enhancement though, if you give it to a resto they will become unkillable.)

And Augrelle, cool its alot more clear now and i like it. ^^ This would give dps shamies (elementel would benefit most of it) a chance to do dmg while we are under attack in PvP (2v2-3v3 = nice ) and for PvE it gives gives us a chance for our dps not to collapse when we need to move.

Agree with Sarc about duststorm.

Most resto shamans spec into enhancement right? So put it as a 11 or 15 point talent in the elemental tree.

That forces resto to give up what enhancement would give them in pvp(no toughness, no +int, no ghostwolf, the full cooldown of grounding totem).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    Agree with Sarc about duststorm.

Most resto shamans spec into enhancement right? So put it as a 11 or 15 point talent in the elemental tree.

That forces resto to give up what enhancement would give them in pvp(no toughness, no +int, no ghostwolf, the full cooldown of grounding totem).
    Good idea to put it upper in Elemental tree so Resto would have to choose (or even not being able to reach it)...Enhance goes in elemental tree for sure so that wouldn't be a problem. 8) ;D