Another arms warrior looking for some advice /halps.

Hai thar.

As the topic says:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Chiyoblade

I like to push numbers etc, so I'm forwarding this to you good folk out there for some criticism as to whether any improvements can be made.

Re: Another arms warrior looking for some advice /halps.

just wondering what is ur dps on? tell what bosses or boss dummy and how much arp do u have x)?

Quote Originally Posted by fatcamp
    just wondering what is ur dps on? tell what bosses or boss dummy and how much arp do u have x)?
    I take Arp food and an Arp Elixir on 25 mans. That puts my arp to about 75% or so.

On a stand up fight, ie no moving, no modifiers etc say Ignis when you try 4 min.... about 6.2-6.3k ish.

Deleted

Greatness and 3 more expertise should do it.

you're under the hit cap by 16 rating.

you're under the expertise cap by 3 expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttt
    I take Arp food and an Arp Elixir on 25 mans. That puts my arp to about 75% or so.

On a stand up fight, ie no moving, no modifiers etc say Ignis when you try 4 min.... about 6.2-6.3k ish.

You don't move in your Ignis < 4 mins? For me a better patches type fight like your referring to is general. And yes, his hit rating is a little low but he will be .5% over the cap if he has a dranei in his group.

His expertise is 3 low, but being under the expertise cap for an arms warrior isn't the worst thing in the world.

My suggestion, point for point Weapon Mastery is loads better than Imp Execute...Imp Execute is actually a very lackluster talent. I would do one of two things.

A) Take a point out of Imp Execute and put it into Weapon Mastery which will make your new Expertise cap 22 instead of 26 and you will be fine expertise wise.

B) Try out a 56/8/7 build with 2/3 Incite and 3/3 Imp T-clap. 10% crit on you HS's and more damage on T-Claps. Put T-clap in your attack list on all phases where there are more than 5 mobs. If you can replace a little more expertise for some ArP and AP, then 2/2 Weapon mastery takes you down to a 18 Expertise cap.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    You don't move in your Ignis < 4 mins? For me a better patches type fight like your referring to is general. And yes, his hit rating is a little low but he will be .5% over the cap if he has a dranei in his group.

His expertise is 3 low, but being under the expertise cap for an arms warrior isn't the worst thing in the world.

My suggestion, point for point Weapon Mastery is loads better than Imp Execute...Imp Execute is actually a very lackluster talent. I would do one of two things.

A) Take a point out of Imp Execute and put it into Weapon Mastery which will make your new Expertise cap 22 instead of 26 and you will be fine expertise wise.

B) Try out a 56/8/7 build with 2/3 Incite and 3/3 Imp T-clap. 10% crit on you HS's and more damage on T-Claps. Put T-clap in your attack list on all phases where there are more than 5 mobs. If you can replace a little more expertise for some ArP and AP, then 2/2 Weapon mastery takes you down to a 18 Expertise cap.
    Unless I'm misstaken, you get about 1 expertise per 8 expertise rating, so in his position he would need 2 gems for it to work. One 16 expertise gem, and one 8expertise/12stamina gem.

I'm not wizz when it comes to the figures, but improved execute is not an underrated talent as it applies to Sudden Death, which is a fairly large part of your damage, and the best arms PvE spec is 54/17, for improved execute. I don't think the numbers were crunched and then ignored, fact of the matter is getting 2% (8 expertise) from gear is not a large part of your total statspool, therefor it's not worth getting trough talents that could be spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    Unless I'm misstaken, you get about 1 expertise per 8 expertise rating, so in his position he would need 2 gems for it to work. One 16 expertise gem, and one 8expertise/12stamina gem.

I'm not wizz when it comes to the figures, but improved execute is not an underrated talent as it applies to Sudden Death, which is a fairly large part of your damage, and the best arms PvE spec is 54/17, for improved execute. I don't think the numbers were crunched and then ignored, fact of the matter is getting 2% (8 expertise) from gear is not a large part of your total statspool, therefor it's not worth getting trough talents that could be spent elsewhere.
    You should get ~6 SD procs per minute. Every SD proc your executes will hit for 38 *5 = 190 so that means 6 *190 = 1140. Lets give you the benefit and say that EVERY SD proc you have will be a crit that means the maximum potential of an average proc rate will yield 2280 damage per minute. This translates into 2280/60 = 38 dps for 2 talent points. Thats less than 1% of my total dps...would seem pretty lackluster to me.

Especially compared to what you could net in % dps gain through maximing gear with weapon mastery. That much more ArP...or crit...or AP. Translates into much more than the <1% gain from Imp Execute...much more. Could be as much as 3-4 times more for 2 talent points.

Don't gem for Expertise...especially when all you have to do is put a point or two into a talent given to you.

55/8/8 and 56/8/7 are very valid builds...and scale much better than the 55/17. I've had T-claps for 24-26k. And an extra 10% or 15% crit on my T-claps and HS and CLeaves alone may compete with 2/2 Imp execute.

If your not the warrior dedicated to giveing Commanding shout or Demo shout...55/8/8 and 56/8/7 are the best builds.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Deleted

You should get ~6 SD procs per minute. Every SD proc your executes will hit for 38 *5 = 190 so that means 6 *190 = 1140. Lets give you the benefit and say that EVERY SD proc you have will be a crit that means the maximum potential of an average proc rate will yield 2280 damage per minute. This translates into 2280/60 = 38 dps for 2 talent points. Thats less than 1% of my total dps...would seem pretty lackluster to me.

Especially compared to what you could net in % dps gain through maximing gear with weapon mastery. That much more ArP...or crit...or AP. Translates into much more than the <1% gain from Imp Execute...much more. Could be as much as 3-4 times more for 2 talent points.

Don't gem for Expertise...especially when all you have to do is put a point or two into a talent given to you.

55/8/8 and 56/8/7 are very valid builds...and scale much better than the 55/17. I've had T-claps for 24-26k. And an extra 10% or 15% crit on my T-claps and HS and CLeaves alone may compete with 2/2 Imp execute.

If your not the warrior dedicated to giveing Commanding shout or Demo shout...55/8/8 and 56/8/7 are the best builds.
    Please point me in the direction of where I could, if this is indeed true, somehow varified, becuse I'm having a hard time beliving that the math and work I've read about the 54/17 spec is somehow flawed, but I'll gladly be proven wrong.

I admit, there's a decent chance I am wrong as I went 54/17 'long before' I even read about it, so I'm abit biased when it comes to it, but if you can I'd like to be shown some form of source becuse right now you're a random person on a forum claiming something is better than the other, which I don't belive.

Bytheway, it's not alot of stats we're talking about for 4 expertise, it's 36ARP rating, as an example.

Please point me in the direction of where I could, if this is indeed true, somehow varified, becuse I'm having a hard time beliving that the math and work I've read about the 54/17 spec is somehow flawed, but I'll gladly be proven wrong.

I admit, there's a decent chance I am wrong as I went 54/17 'long before' I even read about it, so I'm abit biased when it comes to it, but if you can I'd like to be shown some form of source becuse right now you're a random person on a forum claiming something is better than the other, which I don't belive.

Bytheway, it's not alot of stats we're talking about for 4 expertise, it's 36ARP rating, as an example.
    And if I could squeeze 36-64 ArP more into my gear thats a 2-3% increase in my ArP...which will translate into a hella lot more damage than Imp Execute.

Point is along with that extra ArP/AP/crit, you are getting 10-15% crit on HS/Cleave/T-Clap, not to mention the increased damage/debuff of T-Clap. I'm not saying its ideal in all raid settings...but if you're not applying CS and Demo...then its worth it.

I've done the testing...and it comes out ahead.

Deleted

And if I could squeeze 36-64 ArP more into my gear thats a 2-3% increase in my ArP...which will translate into a hella lot more damage than Imp Execute.

Point is along with that extra ArP/AP/crit, you are getting 10-15% crit on HS/Cleave/T-Clap, not to mention the increased damage/debuff of T-Clap. I'm not saying its ideal in all raid settings...but if you're not applying CS and Demo...then its worth it.

I've done the testing...and it comes out ahead.
    I'm sorry to say that I don't care if you've done the testing. I ask for you to prove it, that's all.

Y'see, right now we're in a situation where the top arms warriors of the world are using the cookiecutter 54/17 spec, and I can't help but wonder why, as you claim there's another more effective DPS spec out there.

So I say again, prove it, until then there's no validation to your claims but "i've tested it".

I'm sorry to say that I don't care if you've done the testing. I ask for you to prove it, that's all.

Y'see, right now we're in a situation where the top arms warriors of the world are using the cookiecutter 54/17 spec, and I can't help but wonder why, as you claim there's another more effective DPS spec out there.

So I say again, prove it, until then there's no validation to your claims but "i've tested it".
    Here...its easy...you have 2 specs, go test it out in a raid setting. If someone is low on expertise, its a no brainer. If you have an abundance of expertise, then yes the 55/17 build will come out ahead on single target fights.

Deleted

Here...its easy...you have 2 specs, go test it out in a raid setting.
    Yes I'm going to waste gold and time into proving something, which I belive is incorrect, correct.

Sorry it won't happen.

[EDIT] I'll partially accept defeat and admit that improved execute is replaceable with Weapon Mastery, but I still don't belive going 8 points into protection for incite to be worth it, but yes the value of Improved Execute over WM is debateable, but it depends alot on what gear you can move around to make the switch viable.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Mmk. I think I forgot to add a few things, sorry.

I have a Greatness Card that I could use.
    Sif's Promise is not really an issue to get.
    Getting a spacegoat is not a problem for the raid I'm in.

Battousai: I admit that you've got my interest there. Do you have like any parses of warriors around my progression level with that kind of build /armories etc ... any info you could provide that I could look at by any chance?

General Q: Is is worth investing the (possibly long) time to get myself that Mjolnir Runestone with my armory? or would a total respec to what Battousai suggested be more constructive?

Yes I'm going to waste gold and time into proving something, which I belive is incorrect, correct.

Sorry it won't happen.

[EDIT] I'll partially accept defeat and admit that improved execute is replaceable with Weapon Mastery, but I still don't belive going 8 points into protection for incite to be worth it, but yes the value of Improved Execute over WM is debateable, but it depends alot on what gear you can move around to make the switch viable.
    If you replace execute with weapon mastery, then what dpsing talents did you pick up in the fury tree past cruelty and Armored to the teeth with your extra 7 points? Improved Shouts and Booming voice...wasted points as far as dps goes.

Those protection talents become much more attractive...

as for the bold...THATS exactly my point. He was short on expertise, therefore a build that included weapon mastery makes sense. If you looking at the top arms warriors, check their expertise...if they have 26 they'll be 54/17. But if they're gear has less expertise...they'll be 55/8/7 or some variation.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttt
    Thanks for all the responses so far.

Mmk. I think I forgot to add a few things, sorry.

I have a Greatness Card that I could use.
    Sif's Promise is not really an issue to get.
    Getting a spacegoat is not a problem for the raid I'm in.

Battousai: I admit that you've got my interest there. Do you have like any parses of warriors around my progression level with that kind of build /armories etc ... any info you could provide that I could look at by any chance?

General Q: Is is worth investing the (possibly long) time to get myself that Mjolnir Runestone with my armory? or would a total respec to what Battousai suggested be more constructive?

At 75% passive ArP, stacking a ArP proc trinket may not be worth it. I would have to do some parsing myself, but unfortunately I haven't had the possibility of running 10's lately to pick one up.

Dark Matter and Greatness are pretty much equal...at 75% arp, that would be my GUESS at BiS trinkets. I would even consider Wrathstone over an ArP trinket...but I'm not at that level...I'm only sitting at 65% myself. Hodir has dropped that stupid Frozen Loop all but 1 time for us...no wrists yet (lol and I'm not kidding).

Here's what I would do...if your curious, just spend a little gold and make a secondary spec and try it. Fights like Freya, Thorim, Cat Lady...fights with 5+ mobs make a T-Clap more powerful than a slam. I've had T-claps of 26k before. If you have equal gear that can replace your extra expertise, dropping you down to ~18 which will add more ArP/AP/crit you'll see a difference.

Deleted

If you replace execute with weapon mastery, then what dpsing talents did you pick up in the fury tree past cruelty and Armored to the teeth with your extra 7 points? Improved Shouts and Booming voice...wasted points as far as dps goes.

Those protection talents become much more attractive...

as for the bold...THATS exactly my point. He was short on expertise, therefore a build that included weapon mastery makes sense. If you looking at the top arms warriors, check their expertise...if they have 26 they'll be 54/17. But if they're gear has less expertise...they'll be 55/8/7 or some variation.
    That is true, but it's a pointless discussion. It's true IF you're one of two warriors that can pick Commanding Presence up, but if you're the only warrior who can, then you also should, ruining the entire idea of going 7 points into protection.

And yea, the HP gain is worth it on hardmodes.