Deleted

Overhealing on trash

Well this topic is about overhealing, I currently got my guild master on my back because of my ridiculous overhealing on trash (45%), On trash I just usually spam HL into our maintank and try to snipe a few shocks on the people that take aoe damage.
    I donot go oom although I am sometimes having to drink and thus cannot take part in the start of the fight.
    Am i doing something wrong during the trash or can I just ignore my gm (who also is a hpal btw)?

Re: Overhealing on trash

I used to do this but i had enough int and crit to do it without having my mana really drop.
    But if you have to stop to drink you are overhealing alittle more than you should on trash.
    what you are currently doing probably isn't really a problem it just isn't the ideal way.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode
    Well this topic is about overhealing, I currently got my guild master on my back because of my ridiculous overhealing on trash (45%), On trash I just usually spam HL into our maintank and try to snipe a few shocks on the people that take aoe damage.
    I donot go oom although I am sometimes having to drink and thus cannot take part in the start of the fight.
    Am i doing something wrong during the trash or can I just ignore my gm (who also is a hpal btw)?
    1: 45% overhealing isn't much for a holy paladin, specialy on trash mob.
    2: Having high overhealing isn't a problem if you are doing your job right.

But, since your guild master is a holy paladin, I will supose he is decent healer, and maybe he is right. A holy paladin should NEVER need to drink for trash mobs. Or your mana regen is broken, or you are not using your cooldowns properly. Divine Plea on cooldown for trashmobs will make you never go OOM, nor will make someone die. Divine Illumination has a low cooldown and can be used before you reach the boss.

There is NO problem in overhealing if:
    No one dies because of lack of heals. Overhealing can show that you are bringing too many healers, resulting in raid's HP full, thus resulting to overhealing.
    You don't go OOM (or need to drink and losing time). Of course it's trash, but there is no need to go OOM with you are only overhealing, that's just a waste of time, respec retribution with green gear and you will be more usefull.

Deleted

nah nobody is ever dying, were a guild mostly doing uldu25 hardmodes so all our healers are pretty well geared which results in alot of over healing

So there is no point to complain about. You shouldn't have to drink on pulls, though.

the way the paladin class works if you want to keep something alive your going to be overhealing regardless.
    tell you gm to lay off untill people start dying from lack of heals in trash pulls
    nerfs tickle at best
    people who reroll or quit due to nerfs are sissys

Do what I do when someone complains that I am drinking -- tell them to get hit less.

And not needing to drink on trash depends a lot on what other people are doing and what trash it is.

Some of those trash pulls can be pretty healing intensive.

I would much rather let people heal like crazy, overheal, then wait 10 seconds to drink.

Sounds like he is being impatient.

Let a few people die next time, have the people who are FM rez and buff them, then tell your other holy paladin that you didn't want to slow down the raid to drink.

Stuff like this annoys me...it probably adds less than 5 mins to a raid if you drank between every trash pull and people are going to give you crap for it.