Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Druid skins: Which do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus
    and they are really terrible...sure it was "cool" at first because they were new... "OOOOH ahhhhh! new forms!"

but guys...do you REALLY wanna stare at these forms for another 2-3 years? I think not. I really do not think they have the muster that the old forms had.

dont even get me started about how they look in pvp....on the PTR i swear I always go to attack one of the cat forms but then switch targets because they look like a hunter's pet...what happens next? I get pounced and killed.

I will say that they have great camo in regards to appearing as hunter pets...element of surprise or am I just fail?

You sir...are fail...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul
    It used to be "OMG BLIZZ DURIDS R TIRED OF OLD FORMS GIEF NEW FORMS"

...Blizz makes some really badass skins (and improves the models overall)

"OMG I WANT TEH OLD SKINS BACK BAWWWWWWWW"

I swear, there's no pleasing anyone in this community.

It's kind of absurd to say that we should take whatever they give us after promising us since the very beginning that they would re-do the forms and that travel form, especially, was just a placeholder that would be replaced with something better. This was all said and promised and talked about since before 1.8. People thought THAT was going to be the patch where travel form was replaced. Are you kidding me? After four years of having to look the exact same, we just have to accept that tauren bear form is nothing more than a re-colored bear mount model?

I don't think the forms are incredibly awful. I definitely don't agree with people who prefer the old models, but I agree that it's ridiculous that they are just going to up and release whatever they want without much more than reusing the bear models that my druid RIDES ON. There is also something about tauren cat form that just seems off. Trust me, there is more things wrong with the old one, but after four years of empty promises, you'd think maybe they would try a bit harder.

People who don't even have druids, let alone haven't been playing this game for four years, you have no room to talk. My druid's forms have looked the same since I hit level 10, 16, 20, and 30 (in fact, the upgraded version of bear form is identical to level 10's version) and for the remaining 4 years that I've been playing. How would you like if your character's cloak was still one of those short pointy ones, all your gear looked like it was hand stitched, and your weapons were still rusted and didn't have all your fancy fucking spikes and lightning coming out of them?

If you ever wondered why you see druids out of their forms in raids when it doesn't seem like they need to be, it's because we'd just LOVE to be able to see what our gear looks like.

15+ Year Old Account

The only qualms I have is the constant lack of cat-typical whiskers which makes it having overall less detail than my warlock's succi.
    Well, the collar could be less obtrusive but then we don't know whether it may be one day replaceable by some more visualization options.

Otherwise get with the game, you wanted new forms, some of the people asking haven't even been as long asking as I did, since May 16th 2005 precisely.
    I'm convinced that they won't go and do some rough changes based on some whines.

Fact is, when it comes to arts you cannot hope for some democracy, there is no common rule for what is pretty. And no I don't want to play a rabid satan-dog chimera with nosferatu(read: Freddy Krueger)-style claws because some people voted it being absolutely cool and needed.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Now i played feral/resto druid pre tbc, most of TBC, and the cat/bear form was SO ugly, it anoyyed me to look at it, (moonking for nelfs was ok compared to the others, never played tree but its fine). And I dont how to say it, theese new forms looks so bad, i actually wanna migrate my druid to my current server just to keep theese awesome forms, I really must say a good job from blizzard, and to the one asking if i wanna see this for 2-3years, No, i could use em for more time :P. Thats my opinion, be happy blizz even cared about ur forms!

The new forms are fine, lrn2play.

amidoinitright? :

So which look better? Tauren or Nelf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Black nelf : ftw.
    black and white tauren : ftw.

rest, not diggin' it that much, but then again, I'm not a druid.

15+ Year Old Account

I know that Blizz refrains from stating facts and/or highly in-depth detail, regarding changes that are still in the testing/balancing/discussing phase.... But somehow I've pretty much been expecting us to see a new model for cat and bear....

I bet many people also concluded a similar image, mostly due to the statement "Swift Flight Form sets the bar"

Yeah I agree that these new models and skins are of a higher quality... but I was expecting to see the emphasis mostly revolving around a truely new model, instead of the emphasis being set on skins, with almost the exact old model at a higher polygon count/more optimisation ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser
    Do you really have to insult him, because he doesn't spell his words correctly?
    Yes. If people want to be respected when they communicate with other people, they should be able to communicate properly. If you can't be bothered to find the Y or O buttons when typing "your," you don't deserve even a modicum of respect. After all, if you can't be bothered to spend an entire half-second typing a word out, why should anyone spend the time to even think about anything you have to say?
    User has been banned for excessive flaming.

Am I dreaming ? People whining and saying new skin are worse than old one ? Crazy ..
    Why Not ^^

I cannot believe the people in this thread are for real. If you honestly think the old forms looked better in any way, you need to either stop trying to go against the crowd (It doesn't make you cool), or get your eyes checked.

The new forms are a drastic improvement. The textures are better all round. The model has a higher poly count, meaning less rough/squared edges which cat/bear were loaded with. Detail in both are improved. Plus the design simply looks cooler. (no more lame wingless wyvern model!)

The only complaint I can muster is that they didn't cover the rest of the forms. Turning into a white lion/bear, then suddently a brown bird or yellow cat seems awkward.

As a long time tauren druid, who a few months ago switched to his druid as his main character......I prefer the new skins WAY more than the old one. The old one looked like a mouth breathing liger with down syndrome. No offense to people with down syndrome...but it just doesn't look good on a mouth breathing liger.

3.2 tauren kitty forms = awesome.

To the people confusing them with hunter pets....wtf? lol.

I will agree that I actually prefer the current NE kitty form over the new ones, but the tauren kitty forms are going to be way sexier in 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdemona
    Do you really have to insult him, because he doesn't spell his words correctly?
    Yes...
    way to go man...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus
    Hey guys I was just curious as to what your preference was on the new druid skins. I personally believe the following:

1. The bear form has too much arse that takes up the screen as you play. You have to really scroll back to minimize your toon to see the whole bear.

2. The Tauren bear looks drunk (look at his eyes)

3. The Nelf bear looks like an overgrown badger lol

4. The Tauren cat's tail swirls around like a helicopter

5. The Nelf cat looks kinda girly (unless your a pimp and you play pink)

As of right now (with the new faction change option) I am somewhat unsure if I would like the horde skin druid or the Nelf skin. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Thanks!
    I think you need to be a little more appreciative.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Desdemona
    Yes. If people want to be respected when they communicate with other people, they should be able to communicate properly. If you can't be bothered to find the Y or O buttons when typing "your," you don't deserve even a modicum of respect. After all, if you can't be bothered to spend an entire half-second typing a word out, why should anyone spend the time to even think about anything you have to say?
    Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is making an effort. Respect that or GTFO.

I prefer both the new ones. (for tauren) The behind on new bears is a little high (compared to head position), but it still looks a lot better than old form.

You'll never be able to please Druids.

They bitch for years for new forms, and they finally get them and bitch more.

They bitch about nerfs and they get no nerfs and bitch about their class not changing.

Really at this point should just ignore Druids as a whole, all they do is cry over everything.

I am so eager to see them live. It's going to be soo nice to transform (oh yea I went there, because I love that movie)) into Cat Form, while flying in the cool Epic Flight Form and then fall down upon my enemies!
    8)

15+ Year Old Account

Silverbreeze i suggest you stop trolling the druid forum.