Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warrior Leveling Build

Quote Originally Posted by Sour
    i just tried the spec and i think im missing something coz its definitly not faster than arms...im spamming revenge and using heroic strike whenever revenge is on CD
    Are you using the build with 1 sec revenge cooldown? You should be able to spam it 24/7. If you can't you need more tanking gear to boost avoidance so you can activate revenge more. The glyphs are pretty important too, they allow you to heroic strike much sooner in the fight.

#showtooltip Revenge
    /cast Revenge
    /cast !Heroic Strike

that macro will bind heroic strike to your Revenge, with the revenge glyph, you get a free HS after every revenge, so there is no reason not to. The HS glyph also give you 10 rage when your HS crits, which if fairly often since you get a bonus 15% from incite. the ! in there is necessary, otherwise it will just toggle HS on and off if you spam it.

you can also macro SB to SS, that will guarantee you block a hit and proc revenge.

One other thing you can do when fighting casters is have "dummy mobs" with you. Aggro a melee mob but don't kill them, drag them around while you kill casters, that way there is always someone hitting you to proc revenge.

Never used this as a leveling spec, and seems a bit odd to do so. Granted if you have t6 quality tank gear i could see it, but it just seems that if you're leveling from scratch you wouldn't have the gear to give you the avoidance needed to make this work. /shrug

just tried the spec re-linked by Chaz
    and it OWNS, it is definilty really good for leveling, i can take 4-5 mobs n just mass revenge and still finish off with 30%
    the problem before was that Unrelenting Assault in Arms was not taken and that is the most important skill!

1 MORE QUESTION!

So pretty much get Defense gear as Defense increase Avoidance, Block and Parry which will cause Revenge to proc more often?
    coz atm its not proccing all the time, sometimes im getting a good 3-5 seconds before it procs
    *I leveled with RAF so my gear isnt that great just northrend quest gear
    P.S.
    rofl didint realise there was a second page anyway thx to all that has helped in this topic it is definitly worth getting and also a bonus if u hav Dual Spec, you can go arms for pvp and this arms/prot for leveling

ill post on the main wen i have time with all the contributions of everyone

once again thx to all the warriors and players out there!

So pretty much get Defense gear as Defense increase Avoidance, Block and Parry which will cause Revenge to proc more often?
    Exactly, it will increase your leveling speed by
    1) reducing dmg you take
    2) procing revenge more = more dmg
    2b) the faster you kill a mob, the less time it spends attacking you = less dmg taken again

Make sure you go axe spec, and use hit / expertise gems. It's extremely important to get those 2 stats up. More important than STR / AP / Crit. And shield block rating is pretty important, rating not value. You want higher block % chance. As when leveling blocking pretty much means you take 0 dmg. It's not until you start doing instances/raids that blocks start not blocking the full amount.

1) How come need hit and expertise?
    2) I thought Revenge procs when you block, dodge or parry and attack...
    3) As a Human warrior i get +3 Expertise if u use Mace and Sword, would it be more benificial if i went sword or mace spec and used swords and mace instead or does the axe spec really help alot, and there is no axes from lvl 70-80 that are blue, there all greens from drops except 1 thats crafted
    4) Im finding it longer to kill guys when im in tank gear with +defense

1) How come need hit and expertise?
    2) I thought Revenge procs when you block, dodge or parry and attack...
    3) As a Human warrior i get +3 Expertise if u use Mace and Sword, would it be more benificial if i went sword or mace spec and used swords and mace instead or does the axe spec really help alot, and there is no axes from lvl 70-80 that are blue, there all greens from drops except 1 thats crafted
    4) Im finding it longer to kill guys when im in tank gear with +defense
    1)As this spec, hit and expertise are extremely important, more important than in a raid setting. Like 80% of your dmg is revenge so if your revenge misses or is dodged/parried you'll notice it far more than if you just miss in a raid setting on say a mortal strike. Because in raid setting that mortal strike isn't 80% of your dps. Leveling fast is about moving from mob to mob quick. There's no point in killing a mob in 2 secs one time, if it takes 10 secs to kill the next mob. When you could always kill the mobs in 4-5 secs every time.

2)revenge only procs when you block/dodge/parry, nothing to do with you attacking.

3)axe spec still the best, even if you have to take a much worse weapon. However if you really want, to get that 3 expertise you are better off with mace. Sword spec is very bad for this build, so bad you won't even notice a difference getting the talent. Axe spec is still better than mace even if you are human or dwarf for revenge spamming. Weapon dps isn't important at all, the axe spec will make up for it. This build works so well because it takes away the warriors high dependence on gear. Revenge spamming build does a lot of dmg with just a 1 hander equipped and no other gear. Where as deep arms or fury spec really needs a good weapon and armor.

4)tank gear is more consistent revenge uptime, where dps gear is streaky as sometimes you kill faster or slower (humans seem to remember getting lucky string of crits far more often than remembering those times we missed 5 attacks in a row).

If your tanking gear is lacking to where you can't have revenge up all the time, you should either grab another mob, to increase change that you will avoid an attack and proc revenge, or open with shield block so that you have 10 secs of always having revenge usable.

ok once again thx for the advice
    ill stick with axes
    and use my def gear, but yeah i came form RAF and my def gear is the quest gear ive gotten from northrend qeusts, half of it isnt even tank gear haha
    but yeah in one fight i had revenge not show up for 7 seconds lol

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Calibrewhat

thats my character, u prob wont like its gear haha