Prayer of Mending, bug?

Sorry if this has already been stated. I tried to look for it the best I could, so my apologies if it already exists.

I seem to have a wierd problem with PoM. I don't know if its just me overlooking something or what, but i simply cannot understand something about it.

For simplicity's sake I'm going to round my numbers down just a bit. And I'll try to make this as easy to understand as I can.

My PoM heals for roughly 3,000. This would mean it would crit for roughly 4,500. Correct, since heals crit for 150%?

HOWEVER, on paladins tanks (or maybe all paladins? Not sure, dont usually watch the numbers on non-tanks.) It crits for 6,000+. Only on them though. I watched it in the Naxx. I did last night and it would crit heal the paladin tank for 6k+ but the feral druid only got 4.5k's~.

Is this a bug or something that I'm not noticing? I understand paladins have Divinity for 5% more healing on themselves. But 5% wont make up 1,500.

If anyone can help me out with this, it is driving me crazy that I don't know why its doing that. (I know it probably shouldn't really matter to me. I'm wierd though and just need to know WHY!)

Re: Prayer of Mending, bug?

Are the regular procs still around 3k? I can't say I've really noticed myself, but I haven't looked at anything that closely in a raid. Assuming the non-crits are about the same, it could be that Touched by the Light is somehow interpretting the PoM crit as a self-heal like it used to be. If that's the case, that would add an addition 30%. So... 4500 x 1.05 * 1.3 = 6142. Anyway, that would be my guess.

Maybe it has something to do with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63650 and http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20140. With those talents paladins tend to take more healing per spell than most other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    Are the regular procs still around 3k? I can't say I've really noticed myself, but I haven't looked at anything that closely in a raid. Assuming the non-crits are about the same, it could be that Touched by the Light is somehow interpretting the PoM crit as a self-heal like it used to be. If that's the case, that would add an addition 30%. So... 4500 x 1.05 * 1.3 = 6142. Anyway, that would be my guess.
    Yeah, the regular procs are still around 3k. I think that is right, looking at the numbers they seem to fit pretty well. I will probably test that a little later tonight if i can get a guildie to respec for me or something. I know it doesnt really make that big of a difference, 1500~ heal on a crit heal every so-often. It was just driving me crazy to see 6-6.5k crits on one person and only 4.5-4.7k's on everyone else.

Thanks for the input Zeuq!

Quote Originally Posted by niculbolas
    Maybe it has something to do with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63650 and http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20140. With those talents paladins tend to take more healing per spell than most other classes.
    I had thought about that Niculbolas, Imp devo aura would have hit the druid also. So the only actual difference would be the Divinity. And there's no way Divinity is giving the paladin 1500 more healing from 4500->6000.

Though I think Zeuq nailed it. with the Touched by the Light talent.

Touched by the Light makes sense, and that makes me wonder if the spell double-dips from Divinity. *Shrug* Not a huge difference, but every little bit helps.

Well, now that this has been made public, Blizz is going to fix it... more nerfs on prot pallies!

I had the same problem so I ticketed Blizzard on this issue.

Here is what the response was from the GM.

- We are aware that people believe that this spell is based on regular heals being 100% and critical heals being 150%. Unfortunately the base of this spell is not that way. It is based on the player's health. So let's say the target is a protection paladin with 32000 health. Here is the calculation: SP + Base Heal = Total Healing for normal heal. So let's say you have 2150 SP. That means it should go for 2150 + 1043 = 3193 Normal Heal. Now let's say it critically heals too. If you do the math you have a 55% heal increase (critical + paladin bonus). Now this is not all that is added in. You also have to add in the fact that all protection paladins can get a spec bonus that increases critical heals (not specified if taken or dealt) by 30%. That means the official heal increase on a critical heal is 85%! This means the heal on the protection paladin = 185% total. Which literally comes close to a double on the amount of a normal heal. -

Hopefully this helped explain to you where the numbers are coming from.

- Lancelot_Sirious_Merlin

I actually noticed the same deal with my Earth Shield, it heals way more on paladins than all others.

I can't say if it's just crits or not. But I know it does. I too think it's Touched By The Light, it doesn't just affect holy light, flash heal and holy shock. But all heals cast by the paladin.
    And eventhough Earth Shield and PoM are credited to the original caster. It's possible they are gaining from the aforementioned talent because technically the paladin is "casting" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    I actually noticed the same deal with my Earth Shield, it heals way more on paladins than all others.

I can't say if it's just crits or not. But I know it does. I too think it's Touched By The Light, it doesn't just affect holy light, flash heal and holy shock. But all heals cast by the paladin.
    And eventhough Earth Shield and PoM are credited to the original caster. It's possible they are gaining from the aforementioned talent because technically the paladin is "casting" them.
    I would think they should gain any bonus from the pally since PoM and Earth Shield are buffs rather than a direct heal. When they take damage the buff does its stuff, and since the buff is on the paladin, its casting "from" the paladin. The heals get credited to the healer in things like recount because thats how its programmed, a while back it used to credit druid hots, renew, pom, earth shield, etc to whoever had them on them rather than the caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg

I actually forgot about the Earth Shield thing. I noticed it while leveling my shaman as resto too. It was giving me sexy crit heals while doing VH on pally tanks. Well, I wont complain about getting 30% more crit healing on my prayer of mending and ES respectively. Its not gamebreaking or anything.

Thanks everyone for the responses.