Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow priest ideas for expansion!

You may follow/post here as well
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...574607&sid=1#5

UPDATED: 07/06/09 Redesigned Shadeform added possible new talents

This is not priest QQ this is not me saying i want this instead of dispersion because it's not the right time to possibly implement this idea (in my opinion).

Shadeform: The priest gains a deeper understanding of the shadows enabling the priest to cause misery onto it's attackers reflects 5% damage taken from all physical and magical sources by reinforcing their very bodies with shadow magic. However the priest has not mastered this new form completely and once the priests health is reduced under 30% of their total hp shadeform will combust dealing X dmg to up to 3 targets in 10 yards and stunning them for 8 seconds When this occurs the priest is silenced for 4 seconds. (is dr affected) -=This effect can only occur a maximum of once every 2 minutes=-

Note -=- Will not have ALL of these they are choices -=-

Power word shield - When the priests power word shield is consumed or dispelled the priest will seeth with energy knocking the offender to the ground lasts 3 seconds (stun? incapacitate? Disorient? Slow?(8 sec duration? idk)

Mind flay critical strikes will sap the targets strength reducing movement speed by 15% for 8 seconds (stacking up to 3 times) -=Does not stack with the regular slow from mind flay=-

Mindblast critical strikes will now strain the targets mind placing a dot that does 15% of the damage over 5 seconds (every 1 second)

Vampiric Touch: Critical hits have a 25% chance to proc Feast of shadows dealing 10% of the targets health as damage over 15 seconds ticking once every 3 seconds This will heal the priest for 15% of the damage dealt (This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds?)

Changed to possible talent

I-Redesigned-Shadow lash 0/1instant cast Expels the built up shadow magic from the priest in whiplike torrents dealing X amount of dmg to up to 5 targets in a 20 yard radius of the priest(24 with shadow reach) Targets afflicted by shadow lash deal 25% less damage for 5 seconds regaining 5% damage every 1 second 35 second cooldown.

Part 2: 07/06/09

Some new talent idea's not necessarily 61 pointer but some others

Embrace the shadows 0/3 -=- When the priests power world shield is dispelled or Completely Absorbed it afflicts the target with crippling pain dealing 33/66/100% of the absorption amount as shadow damage over 15 seconds ticking once every 3 seconds.

Master of shadows 0/1 -=- The shadowfiend becomes a permanent pet (with pet toolbar), and gains an additional 30% benefit from the priests spellpower,and stamina but no longer steals mana every attack.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Imp MOS 0/2 -=- Reduced the cooldown on shadowfiend by 1 / 2 minutes and gives the shadowfiend the ability to leach 10/20% of the targets mana (up to a maximum of 8/15% of the priests Total mana) to the priest over 20 seconds 2min cooldown

some notes on the leach part

-the shadowfiend is attackable while leaching mana, if the shadowfiend dies while leaching the effect will be canceled

-the shadowfiend attaches to the target while leaching and cannot attack the target while leaching

Creeping Touch 0/3 -=- reduces the cast time on vampiric touch by .5/1/1.5 seconds and whenever your vampiric touch criticaly hits has a 15/30/45% chance to make the priests next mind blast within 8 seconds instant cast.

Debilitating Hallucination 0/1 -=- The priest uses the power of thought to make the target seem like time is slowing down around them. This drains 3% of the targets movement/cast/attack speed to the priest every 1 second up to a maximum of 15% (Lowers targets movement/cast/attack speed) and increases priests by that %) Once the maximum effect is reached the effect lasts 8 seconds and can no longer be dispelled. 45 sec cooldown.
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

Re: Shadow priest ideas for expansion!

Shadowfiend not stealing mana somehow seems to nullify even having it. Perhaps give them an ability to steal mana upon melee attacks but loses the additional spell power gained from the Priest for the duration of ability. Lasts 15 seconds and has a 3 minute CD.

I would reorganize your post into what you believe the Priest needs the most to the little things. Embrace of the Shadow is pretty cool. I would foresee trying to get Imp. Power Word: Shield to stack with it.

Creeping Touch looks like it might be a little bit overpowered without an internal cooldown, something like "This effect cannot occur more than once every 12 seconds." Shadowlash CD is a bit low. Would probably be better with a 45 second CD. I don't foresee Shadeform being implemented, as it really seems overpowered from a PvP standpoint.
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

shadowfiend gains an ability via imp MOS 0/2 to steal mana also lowers the cooldown so that with talents if the shadowfiend dies you can resummon it every 60 seconds

Shadeform could use work but remember it doesn't get ALLLLL of those passives they are just choices.

To elaborate, none of your ideas are really new/fascinating. And that Master of Shadows thing is just.. Eww. No more permapets. Please.

<3 trolls they bump posts for free

Quote Originally Posted by slipshade
    shadowfiend gains an ability via imp MOS 0/2 to steal mana also lowers the cooldown so that with talents if the shadowfiend dies you can resummon it every 60 seconds

Shadeform could use work but remember it doesn't get ALLLLL of those passives they are just choices.
    So wait... The Shadowfiend is not targetable if it's not attacking? Perma-Phaseshift? I foresee lots of exploits possible from this. I am not really a fan of Priests getting a perma-pet to be honest. The buffs they need for PvP will not be solved by giving them one, and would be much better getting a myriad of curses/debuffs to reduce their enemies resistances and stats, sort of like a Dark Cleric.

I was meaning the AoE stun was what made it overpowered, and it's also an RNG stun. They won't implement that. Stated numerous times by Blizzard is they hate RNG stuns and have no intention of making new ones.

Overall your best suggestion is Embrace the Shadows and to a lesser extent Dehibilitating Hallucination. A slow would be an interesting addition to a Shadow Priest's PvP arsenal. The description however does not match the effect. If a person's sense of time is skewed enough to make them move slower, they would also cast slower, attack slower, and have reduced block, dodge, and parry stats.
    Playing since Patch 1.11 (Draenor & Icecrown - PvE).

No its just a clarification that when the shadowfiend attaches itself to the target (will no longer be running around) it is still attackable.

The stun is not RNG when you are killing the priest once he hits low health X<30% It will explode and stun things maximum proc effect of 2 min so he can't be healed to 31% and then proc it repeatedly.

Ya but in the sense of the game your debilitating hallucination would be mega op lol maybe cast/attack/move but if it also buffed the priests cast/attack/move it would be mad op on a 30 second cooldown maybe make it 1min? but then again the slow is what makes it hmm and a slow on a 1min cd is kinda lame.

-=- Updated Debilitating Hallucination

15+ Year Old Account

You make me very sad that we are both UD shadow priests.............

Don't have too much time to post now, but suffice there are some terrible ideas in here - particularly the shadowfiend one. A couple are okay though.

You know

i love criticism, but can't we help each other out?

You tell me what sux and what YOU would do/change or New ideas and we come up with something better to maybe show blizz and have a chance of not leaving everything to the lead headed spriest developers.

Burn me to the ground with remarks, but leave a little something to make these ideas better as a whole.

That said

What are you ideas so we can have a look?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by slipshade
    What are you ideas so we can have a look?
    Give us back some kind of stun since we lost blackout?
    Give us more pvp survibility?
    Give us better scaling with gear to compete with ele shaman & locks & mages & boomkin?
    Give us SOMETHING!

Vampiric Touch: Critical hits have a 25% chance to proc Feast of shadows dealing 10% of the targets health as damage over 15 seconds ticking once every 3 seconds This will heal the priest for 15% of the damage dealt (This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds?)

[/quote] would be broken for boss fights 10% boss health hell with 5 priests u could kill a boss >.>
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I cried.

Can people who don't understand the shadow tree 100% not try to play doctor, cant fix it if u don't know what the problem is.

Shadow tree is bloated, cant add any new talents, can only change what we have.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Shadow tree is bloated, cant add any new talents, can only change what we have.
    Quoted for truth!

I laughed at these "when X crits you have Y% chance to..." - don't you realize we.. don't crit in pvp?

Give us better scaling with gear to compete with locks & mages & boomkin?
    Hrmm, you addeed moonkins next to mages and locks? How can you NOT already compete with moonkins! They have just about the worse scaling in the game right now, and are even more messed up then spriests...

As for all the ideas... They are all over the top imo. They would be interesting, however almost all of them are totaly OP, and way too complicated for the standard troll to grasp.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dreavgona
    Hrmm, you addeed moonkins next to mages and locks? How can you NOT already compete with moonkins! They have just about the worse scaling in the game right now, and are even more messed up then spriests...

As for all the ideas... They are all over the top imo. They would be interesting, however almost all of them are totaly OP, and way too complicated for the standard troll to grasp.
    I fixed part of my statement and will comment on what you said.

Moonkin as it is now pack big numbers. Fights like General & Hodir have our 2 druids pumping out as high of dps & dmg as our #1 mage. Those fights all you have to do is literally spam starfire and see HUGE numbers pop up. Even in Naxx you guys scaled better than we did. The reasoning for this is dots can only do so much dmg & our only "true" direct dmg cast spell is mindblast which has a 5.5 second CD. Sure I love seeing 17k mindblast crits on Yogg but when I see an equally geared druid (both of us are 4 piece conq, crafted belts, 74 SP bracers, and have a 487 SP weapon because our guild has crappy luck with caste weapons) popping out 20k starfire NON crits it makes me cry. When I get all the buffs on Hodir I pull about 9-11k dps while our druid pumps out 13-15k(mages & lock pull 17k+). You want to explain to me how you guys don't scale well and please make it believable.

Not going to go off making up crazy abilities.

But I would like to see the following.

Pain Spike: Some sort of activated ability that perhaps buffs the current Shadow Word Pain on a target for a few moments, causing increased Shadow Word Pain ticks.

Bless Water: I always though it would be neat to, as a priest, be able to bless food and water and give minor buffs to them. There could be a buff for each tree.

Holy: Increased healing to the target.
    Disc: Decreased Damage to the target.
    Shadow: Extra Damage Dealt by the target.

Mind Slave: Far fetched, but it could be some sort of Shadow Priest pet mechanic. Non-combative, but perhaps it would help us with our spell casting while the pet is up, etc.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow