Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow priest ideas for expansion!

Mind Slave sounds like an interesting name for an ability, sort of like keeping a Mind Control target as a combat pet and getting a couple of their trainer skills.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Mind Slave sounds like an interesting name for an ability, sort of like keeping a Mind Control target as a combat pet and getting a couple of their trainer skills.
    Honestly, this already exists in the game. Whenever a boss MCs you, you act on your own and do stuff. Just apply the same mechanic to a talent that improves MC. Leave it at the same duration and cast time... and., of course, diminishing returns still apply.

Or allow us to posess another player, like the Baroness in Strat. That would two the main weaknesses of Mind Control, you being completely helpless and the massive channel bar.

I would quite like an instant root, maybe something that holds the caster and the target so neither of you can move. If either of you break the root, it is released on both of you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

"New" Mind Flay effet : reduces the target movement speed by 50% and deals X damages for 3 sec, each tick reduces the target movement speed by 17% for 4sec after the channel, stack 3 times.

So we can finaly have a snare !

"New" Shadow Word : Death effect : instantly deals X damages to the target, if the target doesn't die from the spell the caster receives the same amount of damages, but if the target die from the spell, your next Mind Blast, Mind Flay, SW or Devoring Plague will be a critical strike.

So this spell will not only have negative returning effet and it's not OP.

"New" Improved Devoring Plague : instantly deals 5/10/15% of the periodic damage effetc when you cast the spell and increase the periodic damage by 5/10/15% and if the spell is dispelled within 2/4/6 sec after the dot is put on the target, the devoring plague will also devore 1,5% of the total mana of the dispeller and restore this amount to the priest.

So we have a decisive counter effect against disease dispellers.

"New" Dispersion : Reduces all damages taken by 90% and restore 6%/sec during 6 seconds. The priest cannot cast spells or attack while Dispersion is active but is immune to all snare and movement impairing effect.
    Also reduces movement speed of all enemies within 8yards around the priest by 60% OR Also increase movement speed by 60%

So this shitty 51 talent point may be of some use.

61 talent point : Shadow Call : You summon the power of the Shadows on the target which makes all dots tick every second instead of every 3 seconds and makes them immune to dispell but consumes them at the end of the effect. Instant. Last 10 sec . 1min 30 sec CD

So we have a burst !

It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    61 talent point : Shadow Call : You summon the power of the Shadows on the target which makes all dots tick every second instead of every 3 seconds and makes them immune to dispell but consumes them at the end of the effect. Instant. Last 10 sec . 1min 30 sec CD

So we have a burst !
    This did sound fun, but I don't think it's 'good' enough for a 61-talent point, considering some of the current 51-talent points (Living Bomb, Haunt etc. etc.). Also, even with reduced damage this would seem to me a bit overpowered in PvP.

On the topic, I'd rather see them change how DoTs interact with haste, so that we won't be picking crit over haste all the damn time.

How to fix shadow priests in pvp:

make psychic horror a 1 minute cd like it was on the ptr(it was fine then)

make dispersion return health and mana

give VT an additional penalty when dispelled (ie. mana burn, stun, silence, slow, or more dmg)

REDUCE THE MANA COST ON SHADOWFORM FFS (srsly, burning 1200 mana AFTER i burn half my mana pool to heal my rogue is rediculous)

make shadow form 20% dmg across the board. our survivability sucks.

and while faded, you are immune to any stuns, roots, etc, for the duration of the fade.

this is of course on top of the current changes.

Quote Originally Posted by driizz
    and while faded, you are immune to any stuns, roots, etc, for the duration of the fade.
    Heh, on a spell with 15 seconds cooldown (talented and glyphed) and 10 seconds duration?

Personally I would love to them change the dispel on VT to burning mana instead of dealing dmg.
    That REALLY would make a dispeller think twice if they know they will have a chance to lose 5-6k of their mana.

I really like this one

"Creeping Touch 0/3 -=- reduces the cast time on vampiric touch by .5/1/1.5 seconds and whenever your vampiric touch criticaly hits has a 15/30/45% chance to make the priests next mind blast within 8 seconds instant cast."

Might be op though.

Am I basically the ONLY person who likes Dispersion?

In PvE, Dispersion makes sure we don't go oom during our rotations. Sure, we get a 6 second silence, but would you rather wait 6 seconds to DPS, or wait 2 minutes for the fight to be over because you ran out of mana?

And for PvP, it is actually super helpful if you know when to use it. If you use it, for example, when a rogue uses kidney shot, (this is usually where they start the nuke), you can save yourself from massive burst. And what's more fun than watching a retadin wonder why your healthbar barely dropped when he unloaded Crusader Strike, Judgement and Divine Storm? (Oh, and consider that during battlegrounds/some arenas, the players forget that blob of black clouds = wait for DPS).

EDIT: Oh and sorry if I sound hostile, just a bit annoyed at the massive tides of hate against Dispersion. Just got one last point - does mages mind when they gotta channel an 8-second Evocation to get some manas? Especially when it can get interrupted by damage or because they gotta move thanks to the massive amounts of movement needed in Ulduar.

Also, the 90% absorbtion is very nice in PvE in case you can't make it out of that big cloud of death that spawned under your feet.

-credit to Rayde

Don't get me wrong, Elaniriel. Dispersion in PvE is great.
    PvP on the other hand has it lacking, because the Rogue just builds up combo points (no real deterrent to get him to stop attacking you) waiting for it to end to lolburst you in the face, and the Ret Paladin pops his Wings and ignores your damage reduction anyways. So their crusader strikes still hit almost as hard as they were in the first place. You can't outpace ANYONE beating on you either. "Mages don't get to move through Iceblock" Oh well, they're completely immune in iceblock too.

Battlegrounds is one thing. But in an Arena match, it's just advertising "I'm in trouble". Also, Kidney Shot has only a 30 second cooldown if I recall correctly, after 3.2, wasting a glyph spot on Dispersion still leaves it at 75 seconds.

PvE it's great. PvP, as a survival/defensive mechanic, it's pretty weak. At least I can still heal through a Pain Suppression.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Don't get me wrong, Elaniriel. Dispersion in PvE is great.
    PvP on the other hand has it lacking, because the Rogue just builds up combo points (no real deterrent to get him to stop attacking you) waiting for it to end to lolburst you in the face, and the Ret Paladin pops his Wings and ignores your damage reduction anyways. So their crusader strikes still hit almost as hard as they were in the first place. You can't outpace ANYONE beating on you either. "Mages don't get to move through Iceblock" Oh well, they're completely immune in iceblock too.

Battlegrounds is one thing. But in an Arena match, it's just advertising "I'm in trouble". Also, Kidney Shot has only a 30 second cooldown if I recall correctly, after 3.2, wasting a glyph spot on Dispersion still leaves it at 75 seconds.

PvE it's great. PvP, as a survival/defensive mechanic, it's pretty weak. At least I can still heal through a Pain Suppression.
    Thanks for the reply. While I will still think that Dispersion is good in PvP, I can understand why a majority of shadow priests wants it improved. My post started out as a rant against players who hated Dispersion as a PvE ability, and I accidently started ranting about PvP, (oops D. Hopefully Blizzard will add a glyph for allowing 36% health to be allowed as well as the mana regeneration during Dispersion :3

-credit to Rayde

Dispersion is fine as it is blizz wont change this talent or they would have a looong time ago. So please for the love of all that is holy, STOP QQing about friggin disperion!

I just wish when we're in dispersion, there would be some deterrent for rogues that keeps them from building up points. Like for everytime you are hit while in dispersion, you gain 10% reduced damage for the next 10 seconds, stacking up to 90%. It could be a glyph, but it would be a step in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurlij
    I just wish when we're in dispersion, there would be some deterrent for rogues that keeps them from building up points. Like for everytime you are hit while in dispersion, you gain 10% reduced damage for the next 10 seconds, stacking up to 90%. It could be a glyph, but it would be a step in the right direction.
    Dispersion pulsing Mind Sear on yourself, increased movement speed, slowed enemy movement speed, health regen, hell even a Reflective Shield-type buff (reflecting off a percentage of the damage BEFORE it's reduced :P) just let it be SOMETHING.

Dispersion pulsing Mind Sear on yourself, increased movement speed, slowed enemy movement speed, health regen, hell even a Reflective Shield-type buff (reflecting off a percentage of the damage BEFORE it's reduced :P) just let it be SOMETHING.
    Haha. I would love the mind sear thing. Just pop it and go jumping around tearing shit up.
    You sir, is a retard.

Or 150% of total damage taken, (after absorption), reflected would be good.

-credit to Rayde

Quote Originally Posted by Elaniriel
    Or 150% of total damage taken, (after absorption), reflected would be good.
    So the damage that does get through gets reflected back instead?
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Benner
    So please for the love of all that is SHADOW, STOP QQing about friggin disperion!

Quote Originally Posted by Supertao The Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Benner
    So please for the love of all that is holy, STOP QQing about friggin disperion!
    Tool? So much so you can't even add a "What he said"? Get out, sheep.