Pve enhancement question related to expertise

Here my shaman

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Quitofrombw

I know i still need a better offhand

My question is :

Important to cap expertise ?
    I mean the belt of dragons : can have 3 x 32 AP gems on
    this will raise my dps or this is useless cauz my expertise is not capped?
    thx

Re: Pve enhancement question related to expertise

AP is never useless. 1 Expertise is just more valuable than 2 AP until Expertise is capped. You are only 14 Expertise short of the cap (140) so you can cap that stat by swapping one red gem.

so you suggest me to cap expertise instead of gaining ap?

Cap ur expertise first, it'll be a larger damage increase. Hit and expertise will give you more dps than AP, once u hit your spell cap dont worry about hit anymore. Any extra wont hurt you but it isnt something to gem for.

Deleted

What's with all the FAQ posts lately. Locking yet another one.

OP your question is
    "Important to cap expertise ?"

FAQ says

"To make sure your attacks aren't dodged when standing behind a boss you need Expertise, 26 Expertise on character sheet is 6.50% dodge reduction this means your attacks cannot be dodged. At level 80, that means you need 140 Expertise rating assuming you have taken then 3/3 points in Unleashed Rage talent. A lot of the expertise available comes from rings, neck pieces & trinkets as well as buff food, gems and enchants."

It says it's the second most important thing to do after getting 66 hit to cap specials, it then goes on to say only after being capped for specials and expertise do you worry about other stats. What part of that is difficult to understand that it needs a fresh post about it???