Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does this comp beat DK Druid in 3.2?

First post on MMO-champ, long time listener.

I was wondering if Disc priest/ Affliction lock would destroy dk druid next patch.

Both get DoT dispel buffs for bonus damage.

Both get 10% resilience damage reduction.

Lock pets gain resilience buffs.

Disc priests can now dispel Druid inerverates, so they can when the mana war.

Both have good CC and good DoTs.

Does anyone have any thoughts or feelings about it?

Re: Does this comp beat DK Druid in 3.2?

Probably, thats because Warlocks is going to start being out of control more then what they are now, due to the fact Fel pet grants them insane damage reduction + resilience, then you got the Priest which would be easier to take out probably, but at the same time one of the common strats in arena is NEVER let Warlocks set back untouched.

It wouldnt surprise me the least Lock/Priest is the new FOTM in 2s next season.

Yeah, I figured locks would get a huge boost, as I think they are one of the only classes that can beat a dk regularly.

I forgot to mention that banish works tree druids over, if they are silly enough to use it, most are at lower levels.

The other comp I think can farm them is Disc/feral, but im not sure it will stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tryal
    Yeah, I figured locks would get a huge boost, as I think they are one of the only classes that can beat a dk regularly.

I forgot to mention that banish works tree druids over, if they are silly enough to use it, most are at lower levels.

The other comp I think can farm them is Disc/feral, but im not sure it will stay that way.
    hopefully they bring Feral and Destructo Locks both into line next season (or patch)

Both are insane with damage.

My problem with these 2 classes is the fact that they both are able to do insane amounts of damage with less quality gear then other classes, I play a DK for example, the amount of gear needed just tp pull off 8-9k crits is insane in comparison to a DK or Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrillon
    hopefully they bring Feral and Destructo Locks both into line next season (or patch)

Both are insane with damage.

My problem with these 2 classes is the fact that they both are able to do insane amounts of damage with less quality gear then other classes, I play a DK for example, the amount of gear needed just tp pull off 8-9k crits is insane in comparison to a DK or Druid.
    At the end you probably mean lock then?
    Well I play destro / affli dual spec, and I think that every piece of gear I improve shows that my damage goes up a lot. And locks are very dependent for their survivability of their gear. So perhaps that equals out a bit

Sorry for my English, I did my best :P

Peace out

Quote Originally Posted by stila
    At the end you probably mean lock then?
    Well I play destro / affli dual spec, and I think that every piece of gear I improve shows that my damage goes up a lot. And locks are very dependent for their survivability of their gear. So perhaps that equals out a bit

Sorry for my English, I did my best :P

Peace out
    Yeah I did mean Lock.

But the lock class is a very OP class atm, its survivability though is very dependent on its spells and its pets.

While the class is vastly OP, one will argue why its representation is low in arena, well thats an easy question to answer.

#1) Its also the least played class, not very many use the class to PVP with.

#2) It does take some skill, but at the same time is OP even then.

Blizzard from what I heard will change the class in 3.2, because the problem with them right now is all they have to do is set in 1 spot spam casting certain abilities, it dont take much of a rotation to crit for 9k then a 10k back to back.

Affli lock used to annoy me on my priest because of their ability to gradually regen, i.e you spiked them very hard or you lost because they constantly reset while you were unable to.

These days I really dont get what affliction locks are supposed to do - my mana wont run out, dks will stop UA or fear, and if by some miracle you manage to get 5 steps away from any melee I'll switch and run off. CC spike? well... I just refreshed bloom - it will tick with no MS effect for 16k crit - 19k on a rogue/cat.

Destro has the ability to shock hard, I was a little cocky with a lock/rogue we beat twice in a row, the third game I didnt have full hots running on us both - they start on him then blind switch to me and I drop very very quickly - but that was my own fault and my rogue loosing the sap at the start.

I can't speak like a 2300+ rater - but to me your just going to get locked down (sorry pher punz!) still. Try 3v3 with lock/X/priest IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by blowbags2
    Affli lock used to annoy me on my priest because of their ability to gradually regen, i.e you spiked them very hard or you lost because they constantly reset while you were unable to.

These days I really dont get what affliction locks are supposed to do - my mana wont run out, dks will stop UA or fear, and if by some miracle you manage to get 5 steps away from any melee I'll switch and run off. CC spike? well... I just refreshed bloom - it will tick with no MS effect for 16k crit - 19k on a rogue/cat.

Destro has the ability to shock hard, I was a little cocky with a lock/rogue we beat twice in a row, the third game I didnt have full hots running on us both - they start on him then blind switch to me and I drop very very quickly - but that was my own fault and my rogue loosing the sap at the start.

I can't speak like a 2300+ rater - but to me your just going to get locked down (sorry pher punz!) still. Try 3v3 with lock/X/priest IMO.
    3s is where the class needs toned down, that is at about any level of play to. But in 2s, the problem with Locks is when they start to abuse the Summoning Circle to teleport, just about any lock is going to team up with a Rogue or Mage, you can take a good guess that all the CC both of them bring does not share the same DR at all. The Mage or Rogue (rogue being another OP class) is able to lock anyone down into 1 spot, in which all the lock has to do is free cast standing in 1 spot himself.

This concept is what blizzard is supposely changing next patch with Warlocks, I think all they doing is is nerfing their damage of Chaos Bolt and Conflag and they have said they did not intend to make Locks that easy and that OP due to 2 abilities.

I cant say I really have any problems with Locks though in 2s or 3s, but its because the skill of play they bring they are not setting anything up right either, otherwise every Warlock thats destructo would be 2300+ right now. I have said numerous times before, the Warlock class is the most OP, but only about 1% of its players can actually be good with the class.

3s is where the class needs toned down, that is at about any level of play to. But in 2s, the problem with Locks is when they start to abuse the Summoning Circle to teleport, just about any lock is going to team up with a Rogue or Mage, you can take a good guess that all the CC both of them bring does not share the same DR at all. The Mage or Rogue (rogue being another OP class) is able to lock anyone down into 1 spot, in which all the lock has to do is free cast standing in 1 spot himself.

This concept is what blizzard is supposely changing next patch with Warlocks, I think all they doing is is nerfing their damage of Chaos Bolt and Conflag and they have said they did not intend to make Locks that easy and that OP due to 2 abilities.

I cant say I really have any problems with Locks though in 2s or 3s, but its because the skill of play they bring they are not setting anything up right either, otherwise every Warlock thats destructo would be 2300+ right now. I have said numerous times before, the Warlock class is the most OP, but only about 1% of its players can actually be good with the class.
    You my friend, are high as shit if you think the Rogue class is OP in 2s. Rogue/Priest got the nerf bat the first week of season 6, just before DK/DRD started their FOTM trend. Now, DK's hold around 30% of the 2s bracket for 2200 teams and above, and druids are a close second with 25%. I assume you wouldn't know what I'm talking about because you probably can't reach the 2200 mark, even though you are a DK. Warlocks are fine the way they are, maybe conflag/chaos bolt damage modifier toned down a bit, but nothing more than that really. It takes skill to play a warlock to its fullest potential. Now, a DK on the other hand, where do I start. You can kill anything in the game within either 2-3 GCDs if frost, or during one strangulate if unholy. Your ability to put out rediculous burst, along with the massive amount of CC (chains of ice spam anyone?) whilst having a stupid amount of defensive abilities (IBF, lichborne, pet sac, unbreakable armor), makes you my friend, OP. If anyone needs a nerf bat, its Deathknights.

By the way, I liked your comment about lock/rogue not having CC shared on the same diminishing returns. Fear and blind are on the same DR retard.

I completely agree with the last part, that locks require some skill to be strong in arena. I play a lock myself, and I think that they're doing the right thing to 'nerf' destro by adding the resilience change for everyone. Yes I admit that I can sometimes 2 hit ppl in my Rogue-Lock-Druid setup, but you do need the skill to be able to cast those spells. For example I can drop in 5 secs against any strong cleave combo, so for the moment I do not think locks are OP, as you say.

Peace out

Quote Originally Posted by Wigglytuflol
    You my friend, are high as shit if you think the Rogue class is OP in 2s. Rogue/Priest got the nerf bat the first week of season 6, just before DK/DRD started their FOTM trend. Now, DK's hold around 30% of the 2s bracket for 2200 teams and above, and druids are a close second with 25%. I assume you wouldn't know what I'm talking about because you probably can't reach the 2200 mark, even though you are a DK. Warlocks are fine the way they are, maybe conflag/chaos bolt damage modifier toned down a bit, but nothing more than that really. It takes skill to play a warlock to its fullest potential. Now, a DK on the other hand, where do I start. You can kill anything in the game within either 2-3 GCDs if frost, or during one strangulate if unholy. Your ability to put out rediculous burst, along with the massive amount of CC (chains of ice spam anyone?) whilst having a stupid amount of defensive abilities (IBF, lichborne, pet sac, unbreakable armor), makes you my friend, OP. If anyone needs a nerf bat, its Deathknights.
    They not in 2s, they are in 3s.

The problem though with them in 2s is the fact they so easily go like peanut butter and jelly with Priest, the Priest is able to carry any rogue good or bad past 2200+, I can easily document that on several teams as we speak.

But you can think what you want, because I doubt you even set foot in arena of played pass 1600, thats obvious by your lack of knowledge.

If you did know anything, you know Paladins and Druids need toned down more then DKs do.

By the way, I liked your comment about lock/rogue not having CC shared on the same diminishing returns. Fear and blind are on the same DR retard.
    Go back to Playing Pokemon and leave this topic to the grownups.

They not in 2s, they are in 3s.

The problem though with them in 2s is the fact they so easily go like peanut butter and jelly with Priest, the Priest is able to carry any rogue good or bad past 2200+, I can easily document that on several teams as we speak.

But you can think what you want, because I doubt you even set foot in arena of played pass 1600, thats obvious by your lack of knowledge.

If you did know anything, you know Paladins and Druids need toned down more then DKs do.

Arena Master Wigglytuflol on the Archimonde server. I believe my 2's should be 2397 atm as my guild transferred to this server a few weeks ago.

Go back to Playing Pokemon and leave this topic to the grownups.

Go back to QQing about locks and rogues Mr. DK

Go back to QQing about locks and rogues Mr. DK
    sorry truth hurts you, I am sure you being carried like many other baddies who couldnt get past 1800 in TBC.

sorry truth hurts you, I am sure you being carried like many other baddies who couldnt get past 1800 in TBC.

right, you got me. i got carried past 2200 in 2's 3's and 5's. I'm also getting carried in the 2300-2400 bracket in 2s because my priest partner can solo all the teams while i stay stealthed and reap the benefits. You don't even know which of your opponents CCs share diminishing returns, yet you cry out for it to be nerfed. BRB while I make popcorn, armory you, and laugh while i eat the popcorn.

LOLOLOL grats on hitting 2k in twos as the most retardedly OP team atm! (if you don't know what comp u run, its DK/DRD) And to think you only did it in 837 games, thats so amazing. Any tips?

LOLOLOL grats on hitting 2k in twos as the most retardedly OP team atm! (if you don't know what comp u run, its DK/DRD) And to think you only did it in 837 games, thats so amazing. Any tips?
    nope, you got the wrong char and the wrong info.

nope, you got the wrong char and the wrong info.

Then go ahead and tell me your character name, or do you want to hide behind your words?