Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Worgen Pet, Gladiators Wyrms, 3.2 Item Comparison, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneth-Icecrown
    A Word of Warning to all you Worgen lovers - Blizzard are swinging Banhammers at anyone who is posting requests of reimplementation of the Worgen as a pet under the same clauses of previous pets such as the Slime.

Apparently Blizzard can't handle being told they goofed twice in 1 week.
    I just posted this on Official EU (read ignored for the most by Blizzard), see how long it stays up and if I get banned.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....23042595&sid=1

# So, I'd like my pet back please

Yup, I had to abandon a pet to get the pet who's name we can't mention because certain people who ahem, work around here seem to be going on a banning spree because they feel this issue it a sore point (Wonder why that is...)

So, should I choose to do so, and being as you give us little choice because of the manner you handled this situation, if I abandon the pet who's name we can't mention would you give me back the pet I had to abandon to get it, in fact could you?

As it stands I lost out on one pet to tame another, now you rendered that pet useless when it was in fact a proper Hunters pet with abilities and talents when I got it, because I got it for those once it came out you could get it. Yes I made a choice to do so, but so did you when you decided to castrate this pet in the way you did in such haste it cannot have been properly thought out.

Before the whole "it was this or that and blah blah" tirade of if it was a mistake, a bug or an exploit starts, the point is most if not all hunters who took this pet only did so because of how the majority of other pets that came about like this did by someone seeing a chance to gain something unusual rather than for any malicious of game breaking reasons or exploits. You encourage players to be creative and look for the unusual, such as Rare creatures and the like. Most Hunters played along with that especially with the previous unusual pets that have been introduced into the game and the way they were handled, they obviously thought that this one was going to be dealt with in the same manner.

None of the current reasons given why we can't have the pet stand to reason, lore, please Cows from Space figured right into WoW lore, right? Can't tame Humanoids, where do Ghouls come from Mummy? Wasn't meant to be tamed, your mistake, your fault, don't be peevish about Hunters using their initiative when you encourage us to do so and seek out rare or exotic pets.

Now you have not played it the way you previously have done and chose to go a whole different route some of us have lost a "working" pet a gained something that isn't even a vanity pet because we are penalised if we keep it because we lose a pet stable slot and have to go to strange lengths to keep it happy, can't use it to Hunt with so it's not a "working" pet. Add to that the cash many of us spent to respec to capture "it", as well as the time taken to Tame "It".

Yes, it is your game and you will do as you see fit, we as paying customers are VERY aware of that, you show us often enough. Considering that Blue posts about this vanished which stated the pet wasn't getting touched till the next patch (More than a few sources state this and witnessed the posts for it to be just crap) the way you handled this situation is utterly shocking and I as a paying customer am disgusted something so fundamentally trivial as this in the grand scheme of things was dealt with so quickly when this game has MASSES of far more pressing issues deserving of immediate attention that get left for months and months without so much as a hotfix. We get fobbed off with the usual "The Devs are aware of this issue and it is being looked into, thank you for making us aware of this!" generic flannel.

However, I as a paying customer have the right to air my views (yes here in public because that is what these forums are for - and if not a Blue response with the correct place or E-Mail address where I can do so would be appreciated) and also as I feel like I have had my gameplay affected I want something to be righted which you wronged. More importantly I am disgusted at how the money you take from me every month is being spent when this kind of thing shows such flagrant misuse of Dev/Coders time fixing something minor when larger issues are just left to fester for long periods of time.

So, the bottom line is, take the pet that shall not be named away, give me my old Pet back and I also want my Talent Point respec costs covering, I'll let you off with the time I spent getting the pet as I got it rather fast and didn't waste much time from my usual daily gaming, thanks muchly.
    http://www.wintergrasp.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Thedann
    Keep it, Blizzard isn't making you get rid of it, just don't expect to put talents into it. It was never intended to be tamed because it's a humanoid, not a simple beast. Unlike every other pet in the past, this one is intelligent and sapient as well as sentient.
    blah blah blah... same rhetoric

it isn't intelligent, sentient, sapient or anything else... it's a video game mob, that behaves like a wolf, that happened to be tamable. These arguments are all a bunch of crap. Every player has access to a pet "Orphan" or "Squire"... actual children as pets--that's way worse than a werewolf. The only thing that mattered to any hunter was the appearance. The most viable PvE pet we have right now is a wolf. Every SV and MM raiding hunter is using a wolf. A lot of BM hunters are even using wolves, because the Devilsaur is too irritating to be worth the marginal DPS gain over the wolf.

That's what the outcry is about... no one really gave a rats ass about the other pets like the slime or hydra... because they were just mostly vanity pets anyway because crocolisks suck.

For 1 brief shining night there was a chance to get a rare looking pet, that could actually be used on a regular basis to raid with. Now for all of the dumb ass reasons about walking on 2 legs, and looking like a humanoid race and whatever else all the detractors have speculated about.. it's gone. Now every hunter is back to using the same wolves every other hunter has.

The bottom line is rather than fix the pet to take away whatever amazing OP advantage it had, that Blizz was sooo concerned about, they chose to make the pet worthless. If Blizz would quit farting around with beasts and program them right the first time, then hunters wouldn't get their hopes up every time a new creature pops up. How hard would it be to make the special creatures out there elite? Then Bliz could make them do whatever they want, and then when they got tamed they'd lose their elite status, and revert to a normal version of the pet with the same skin.

It's all a load of crap, and really nothing worth crying about. Just another slip up by Blizz and a half-fast fix.
    Current System - Ultra Budget <$550 (Reused: 19" monitor, KB and mouse)
    Case: Xion Echo $50 PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D $50
    Win 7 OEM: $99 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s $45
    CPU/MB Combo: MSI 880GMA-E45 / Phenom II x3 720 2.8 (OC 3.5) $150
    GPU: MSI R5670 CYCLONE 1G Radeon HD 5670 $89
    Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333 (pc10666) $45
    DVD Burner: Asus 24x $18
    - update: 2/16/11 added Hyper 212 CPU Cooler $30

so is this pet not tameable now on EU servers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto
    Are addons for people lacking common sense? why waste your time doing maths when the game does it for you?

Anyone know if there's a reason why the EU maintenance is down from 3AM CET to 1PM CET? never usualy that long.
    pity, this 'feature' they are introducing, is nothing like ratingbuster.

ie: it will not provide a summary of mp5(or ofsr) gained from stats like intellect & spirit or the effects on those stats by any talents your toon has.

defense is another aspect this 'feature' blizzard fails at too.