For those of you with pixelated character issues, I threw together this post for Arhiana a while back. Hopefully it's clear enough.

When you take a character screenshot from WMV, make it as large as possible, like the following (as an example, and I've made is smaller to avoid massive images):

http://i.imgur.com/G82BA.jpg

Now, before you screenshot that, press Ctrl+Z to remove all spell/glowy effects. Once it has been screenshotted, paste it in Photoshop. Then you crop out the menus, so you have your character on a pink background:

http://i.imgur.com/zzTZF.jpg

Next, go to Select --> Colour Range. Click the background of the character (the pink bit), tick the "Invert" box, and press OK. It'll be like the following image:

http://i.imgur.com/eTLDe.jpg

You'll now see a dotted line around your character. IT IS AT THIS POINT THAT YOU ROTATE THE CHARACTER, if it's needed. Use Ctrl+T and you can rotate it by moving your cursor outside of the selection field, and dragging on the grey area. If you rotate it later on, when resizing it for the signature, it becomes pixely. ONLY ROTATE IT FOR NOW, NO RESIZING! If you don't need to rotate it, don't worry, just go to the next step. See the following, I've rotated it:

http://i.imgur.com/VzljG.jpg

Now, without pressing anything, copy that. Open up a new canvas (one specified to the size of the signature you want to make; I've used 400x100). Paste it on that layer, and by using Ctrl+T, resize it, BUT DO NO ROTATION HERE. Once you're happy, accept the resizing, and you're sorted. Here's what I ended up with:

http://i.imgur.com/MzwlI.jpg

There we go. All nice and smooth. If there's any pixelation at the end of making the signature, just slightly blur over the pixelated areas (at 40% opacity). Don't overdo it, though!
    PM me if you have any questions.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2011-10-30 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an awesome post, Ely.

Hi,

I'm aware this may not be the best section of the forum to do this, but I couldn't find a better place.

I'm basically looking for a personalized wallpaper to be done that features my toon. I'm looking for a dark theme with grunge brushing featuring my toon in the wallpaper. My request size would be 1920x1200.

I'm not officially requesting here, but I'm appealing to the gfx artists in this thread who are looking to make a quick buck. I'll be willing to pay you a small tip that is worthy of your time and work. So do pm me if you're keen.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by yswrox View Post
    Hi,

I'm aware this may not be the best section of the forum to do this, but I couldn't find a better place.

I'm basically looking for a personalized wallpaper to be done that features my toon. I'm looking for a dark theme with grunge brushing featuring my toon in the wallpaper. My request size would be 1920x1200.

I'm not officially requesting here, but I'm appealing to the gfx artists in this thread who are looking to make a quick buck. I'll be willing to pay you a small tip that is worthy of your time and work. So do pm me if you're keen.

Cheers!
    Use the template in the first post, and we do this for free.

(But if someone is interested in making money, they are free to whisper you. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
    Hohoho! You rock! Thanks!
    I think it's in my sig now...

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 07:51 AM ----------

Yep, there we go - many thanks!
    Last edited by Solarflair; 2011-10-30 at 02:50 PM.
    #TeamHunter

15+ Year Old Account
    PMR:

PM requests:Closed|Queue:4|My Work

10+ Year Old Account
    PM Request:

-Removed, shown down below-

Hopefully this one isn't showing up as some absurd file size. I'd just flip right out.....

Last edited by Geekissexy; 2011-10-30 at 06:28 PM.

It's a tad over hon. 51,260 bytes but it looks good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safhira View Post
    It's a tad over hon. 51,260 bytes but it looks good!
    Are you serious? I just don't get it - I have it open right now in Photoshop and it says 49.26k. I don't know what's screwing up on what side for me, but it's making me fairly upset.

Does this one show up correct?

On Chrome and PS5 it shows as 48.17
    Last edited by Geekissexy; 2011-10-30 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    Does this one show up correct?

On Chrome and PS5 it shows as 48.17
    Aye, this shows for me at 47,515 bytes.

We're fine with people being over by a KB or two. So long as it isn't 60k or above.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Visible Text: Viridian, Cenarion Circle, <Lluchduu Ocheliad>

Armory Link/Facial Screenshot: Armory

Gear Set: Second set on this link, with my guild tabard, if it's possible.

Helm Visible: Please?

Pose: Something that feels arrogant but graceful.

General Color Scheme: A poisonous dark green.

Any extras: A matching forum avatar would be awesome, too . One for here, of course.
    Has someone done/claimed/started this? I don't think I saw it posted, but just in case I missed it.
    If not I wouldn't mind trying it.

Last edited by Luciwho; 2011-10-30 at 07:56 PM.
    Always look on the bright side of life

15+ Year Old Account
    PMR:

PM requests:Closed|Queue:4|My Work

10+ Year Old Account
    PMR:

An updated signature for someone that requested one from me during t11. My requests are still closed.

|Not Taking Requests|My Work|Signature by Zarina|

Signature:
    Visible text: I'd like my characters name: Vankrin, some kind of badass font but not TOO weird.
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nkrin/advanced
    Gear set: I'd like tier 13 heroic priest. t13 comes out in 4.3 but full shots are visible here:http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...est_female.jpg (heroic is far right)
    Helm visible: I'd LOVE if I could see one of each, but I understand that could be alot of work. so without would be my priority.
    Your pose: not so much, some kind of badass pose with (if this is possible) holding a shadow orb in one hand.
    General colour scheme: purple, black, shadowy. I want the gear to pop over the background though, use your best judgement, im not the artist!
    Any extras: just a shadow priest theme, I leave it in your hands. I want it to look somewhat ominous, I'm not a holy priest!

I'm stoked for this, thanks in advance to whoever picks it up. I've been raiding since vanilla but never had a custom sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhiana View Post
    PMR:

Its amazing ty.

Sig by: Arhiana <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung91 View Post
    Signature:
    Visible text: I'd like my characters name: Vankrin, some kind of badass font but not TOO weird.
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nkrin/advanced
    Gear set: I'd like tier 13 heroic priest. t13 comes out in 4.3 but full shots are visible here:http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...est_female.jpg (heroic is far right)
    Helm visible: I'd LOVE if I could see one of each, but I understand that could be alot of work. so without would be my priority.
    Your pose: not so much, some kind of badass pose with (if this is possible) holding a shadow orb in one hand.
    General colour scheme: purple, black, shadowy. I want the gear to pop over the background though, use your best judgement, im not the artist!
    Any extras: just a shadow priest theme, I leave it in your hands. I want it to look somewhat ominous, I'm not a holy priest!

I'm stoked for this, thanks in advance to whoever picks it up. I've been raiding since vanilla but never had a custom sig.
    I love goblins! This is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ishadan View Post
    Woo! This is awesome!

Signature: Ishadan

Visible text: It should have 3 lines or so. The largest/most prominent should be my name (Ishadan) and then it should have my guild name <Tempest> and US-Runetotem on it somewhere.

Armory link/Facial screenshot: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/runetotem/Ishadan/advanced

Gear set: Priest t6 absolution regalia

Helm visible: Yes, but the model viewer clips the hair, so you may be able to make him bald and have it look better

Your pose: anything that works w/ the composition

General colour scheme: white/grey/cloudy/priesty w/ some purpley shadows

Any extras: Since I'll be finishing the legendary up pretty soon, I'd like Tarecgosa in there somewhere I know the staff itself kind of looks finicky on modelviewer, so that isn't necessary

"I will take what is mine with fire and blood."

Deleted
    My first PM request:

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems a lot of people have noticed I'm back and regularly active again. I've been getting a lot of PM's asking if I'm taking requests again. The answer, is no I'm not. It's not because I've lost interest, it's just that I've been encouraged to work out the rust with my tablet skills now that I'm settled in my new home. I will be taking sig requests again, just not right now. This is what I'm working on right now.

Thanks for all the interest and support in my sig art - I really appreciate it : )!