1. #32621
    Dreadlord Geekissexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Inside Your Monitor
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    The crashing after 1 click usually happens if the models haven't loaded in fully. Is your PTR fully patched?
    See? *Elyaan swoops in with the answering genious*

  2. #32622
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjammiez View Post
    semi bump Lf help... So i dropped back a couple of pages to Geeks "How To Fix The WMV 4.3 PTR Support Error"
    Downloaded that version of WMV, did everything on the list, but it's still closing every time i try to click any race. No idea how to fix this.
    Goooood morning

    I assume it does not give you an error message or crash report when it closes? I might have a few things you can try, but I can't promise you result as I'm unable to reproduce the error myself.

    Make sure the version is for the right OS. If you run a 64 bit that might be your problem since your version is for 32.
    Else when opening WMV, go into Options --> Settings and untick Random Skins. There might be an error in the random skins it picks which forces a crash.
    If that still doesn't help, chose the tab Display in the settings and change the OpenGL Display Mode to something else. I expect this may be the best bet since this function will control how the graphic is displayed in WMV and it may not cooperate fully with your graphics card and drivers, again forcing a crash. You may also want to untick Pixel Buffer or Vertex Buffer (if these are ticked) to see if it helps.

    I'm currently using WMV_r582_32bit_DEVWORK. Outdated, but still the most stable WMV to date. If you can't get a hold of it I may be able to upload it for you so you can get it and try it out, to see if it works. I have no idea if it supports PTR though.

    Make sure you got everything from the PTR and the linked files.

    It's a long shot and I don't expect any of this to work, but you can always try.
    - Soko
    Last edited by Sokogeka; 2011-10-29 at 10:04 AM. Reason: ce typos. THEY ARE HERE!
    Making signatures | DeviantArt <NEW> | Video Tutorial | Tutorial | Stream | PM request: Sadly no | Did you read the rules?

    Got a question about Photoshop or WMV? Feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help.

    Deriving and devising devious designs

  3. #32623
    High Overlord Xrated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    At the edge of reality
    Posts
    113
    Just messing around with PS.





    But now I'm hopefully off to bed. Night!



  4. #32624
    Heya guys,
    in the spirit of needing some help I thought I just toss a question in.
    Lately I have been getting problems with my screenshots from WMV getting very "pixly". I have been reinstalling it a lot lately since T13 and computer crashes and I guess somewhere I lost a setting that was controlling this before it all started. I assume this in some way is related to the OpenGL Display Mode Soko was talking about in his post. So, my question, is there anyway to know what option I should choose for my graphic card or do I just have to test my way through it?
    Model seems fine in the actual WMV, it not until I look at the screenshot it looks ... well, poo.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Comparing raiding in 2004-2006 to raiding 2007-2012 is like comparing a campfire to a light bulb.

  5. #32625
    Epic! Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,565
    Hello lovely artists! I find myself wanting a lovey-dovey wallpaper, so this is sort of a request for my boyfriend and also for myself.

    Wallpaper:

    Resolution: 1280 x 800. I might need to require a different resolution later on since this will be a sort of split-gift-thingie for me and my boyfriend and I don’t want to ruin the surprise by asking his resolution just yet!
    Visible text: I’d like to have this lovely quote said by Winnie the Pooh in the picture somewhere: “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: Aveline
    Randugun
    Gear set: For both of them the gear should be tier 10 (The gearset that was around during ICC!). The priest wearing the upgraded Holy/Discipline-set (Sanctified Crimson Acolyte's Raiment, this is the purple/orange version) and the shaman wearing non-upgraded Enhancement-set (Frost Witch's Battlegear). No weapons needed for either one.
    Helm visible: For Randugun the helmet can be shown. Hidden on Aveline.
    Your pose: Randugun on the left, facing to the right. Aveline on the right, facing to the left. If you can, I’d like them to be looking at eachother. I’ll explain it a bit better on extras!
    General colour scheme: Something nice and colorful! I’m leaving this mostly open for the artist to decide, something dreamy and nice. I don’t want a lot of strong colours like reds or stuff like that, just make it fit! The background could have some sort of pretty place, like a forest or something.
    Any extras: For this picture I would like to have Randugun handing out a red rose to Aveline and Aveline handing out a muffin/cake to Randugun. I’m not sure is there even a cupcake model implemented on WoW, so a small cake should do the trick too! If it’s possible I’d like to have Randugun sort of scratching the back of his head (you know, that sort of “Well, this is kinda for you..” feeling!), but not too fuzzed if it’s not doable.

    I think I could specify the story behind the request so this doesn’t seem too awkward (I kept staring at that word and I’m still not sure did I spell it right. :| ).. We met on WoW as you can propably guess from the request but our thing actually started as a bit of a joke inside the guild we used to be in. Our thing got more “official” after we actually started sending gifts to eachother through the mail on WoW after a joke-y incident within the guild. I sent him some cupcakes and brew. As a response he started sending me some flowers. And things started picking up from that.. Who would’ve guessed?

    And if this request is too soon feel free to delete it. I just have to post these when I get the idea in my head!

    Thank you in advance if anyone decides to pick this.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: SWTOR, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 |

  6. #32626
    Dreadlord Geekissexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Inside Your Monitor
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Hello lovely artists! I find myself wanting a lovey-dovey wallpaper, so this is sort of a request for my boyfriend and also for myself.

    Wallpaper:

    Resolution: 1280 x 800. I might need to require a different resolution later on since this will be a sort of split-gift-thingie for me and my boyfriend and I don’t want to ruin the surprise by asking his resolution just yet!
    Visible text: I’d like to have this lovely quote said by Winnie the Pooh in the picture somewhere: “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

    Etc...
    I'll try my hand at this. Might kick myself later for all the work - but I'll do it! Haha.

    PM Request:


  7. #32627
    High Overlord Xrated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    At the edge of reality
    Posts
    113
    PMR:




  8. #32628
    Dreadlord Geekissexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Inside Your Monitor
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrated View Post
    PMR:

    WTF. I am not mad at you, X-Rated but I just got a PM request for this person a day or two ago that I've started working on.

    I hate - HATE - when people do this.

    PM ONE ARTIST. IT'S IN THE RULES.

    Kthx.

  9. #32629
    High Overlord Xrated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    At the edge of reality
    Posts
    113
    Yea that request was sent at 1:11 AM. Sorry Geek!



  10. #32630
    Dreadlord Geekissexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Inside Your Monitor
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrated View Post
    Yea that request was sent at 1:11 AM. Sorry Geek!
    You have no reason to be sorry.

    I sent a message back to them asking exactly what they were looking for because I didn't understand part of their request. I had started on the rest of the sig, and was waiting to piece in the weapon later when I came on here to find that you had already done one.

    It is stated in bold print on the first page to only PM one artist. If you choose to get it done by someone else, or if you want to check on the status it is courteous to message that artist and let them know beforehand. Just grrr.

  11. #32631
    High Overlord Xrated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    At the edge of reality
    Posts
    113
    Yea i had to send them a message back myself because the armory link provided didn't work.
    And they gave me a link to a female toon and just asked me to make it male with a dif name, and the gearset since they were redoing their toon.
    As for the weapon of choice. it wasn't listed but i just assumed it was the Mace off Rag.

    I should start asking people before i start working on signatures if they have already PMed a artist and go by that.
    But i can understand your frustration Geek since you were just awaiting a message back to finish the piece.

    Off to work i go! /sadface



  12. #32632
    Dreadlord Geekissexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Inside Your Monitor
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrated View Post
    Off to work i go! /sadface
    Heh - have a quick, easy day!

  13. #32633
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    WTF. I am not mad at you, X-Rated but I just got a PM request for this person a day or two ago that I've started working on.

    I hate - HATE - when people do this.

    PM ONE ARTIST. IT'S IN THE RULES.

    Kthx.
    You gotta be kidding me, also got a PM about this yesterday. Was just gonna start on this but luckily I checked the thread before.
    A lot of double/triple PMs lately it seems.
    Rude people are rude
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Comparing raiding in 2004-2006 to raiding 2007-2012 is like comparing a campfire to a light bulb.

  14. #32634
    High Overlord Xrated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    At the edge of reality
    Posts
    113
    Wow, they sent the request to 3 different people?
    Wonder who else got msged..

    That's just messed up.



  15. #32635
    Dreadlord Geekissexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Inside Your Monitor
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgerd View Post
    You gotta be kidding me, also got a PM about this yesterday. Was just gonna start on this but luckily I checked the thread before.
    A lot of double/triple PMs lately it seems.
    Rude people are rude
    Are you serious? Repeat offenders like this should get an infraction for just being downright jerks and not reading the rules.

    Update:

    As I was posting this I got a new inbox message. When I checked it - it was this person again telling me what I had asked about in their request. They are still expecting me to do (another) one for them it seems. Either that, or they just haven't seen yours yet, Xrated.

    *sigh*

    As you can guess, I'm not doing it.
    Last edited by Geekissexy; 2011-10-29 at 04:41 PM.

  16. #32636
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgerd View Post
    Heya guys,
    in the spirit of needing some help I thought I just toss a question in.
    Y'ello

    It would most likely have something to do with the OpenGL Display mode. As a standard WVM uses a "failsafe" setting which result in high pixelation. If you recently changed/updated your VMW, chances are that would be the reason. As for what setting you need, bruteforce is really your only option. Test your way through it and see if the program produces errors. I highly doubt that it would, but also be careful about the settings since the render can become too smooth. By too smooth, you will have a hard time cutting the render out by using Select Color Range or using magic wand. This will result in you getting a tiny (though still very visual) blue border (or whatever background colour you are using) around the render since Photoshop can't work with such "smooth" pixels.

    When changing the OpenGL Display Mode, what you need to keep an eye out for is the FSAA value.

    FSAA: 16 tends to produce the so called "smooth effect". While the renders become dazzling and ever so beautiful sparkly, you will still have to either feather your selection (producing a very ugly cut out) or somehow delete the blue border which takes time.

    FSAA: 8 tends to be what I use. Good quality render and Photoshop can still work with the pixels of it.

    I personally use Colour:32 Depth:24 Alpha:8 FSAA:8 DoubleBuffer Hardware mode.

    I can't really tell you what would be the best setting for your rig (cards and drivers), so you'll have to just test on until you either grow bored and annoyed, or find a good setting. To limit your test feel, try the FSAA: 8 and stay in that range. But for good measure try the FSAA: 16 and see if your Photoshop can work with it. If it can, you'll get top quality renders, which may result in happiness.
    (Actual result of happiness may vary)

    Hope my babble helps.
    - Soko
    Making signatures | DeviantArt <NEW> | Video Tutorial | Tutorial | Stream | PM request: Sadly no | Did you read the rules?

    Got a question about Photoshop or WMV? Feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help.

    Deriving and devising devious designs

  17. #32637
    High Overlord Xrated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    At the edge of reality
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    Are you serious? Repeat offenders like this should get an infraction for just being downright jerks and not reading the rules.

    Update:

    As I was posting this I got a new inbox message. When I checked it - it was this person again telling me what I had asked about in their request. They are still expecting me to do (another) one for them it seems. Either that, or they just haven't seen yours yet, Xrated.

    *sigh*

    As you can guess, I'm not doing it.
    I sent it to them first to make sure they were satisfied with it and they were.
    Only reason i threw it up on the forums



  18. #32638
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrated View Post
    I sent it to them first to make sure they were satisfied with it and they were.
    Only reason i threw it up on the forums
    ugh, annoying i can imagine. what i dont get, is if said person responded to you and said it was cool, why bother continueing to PM other artists? not very nice, imo

  19. #32639
    Hello! I would love an signature of yours If I could i would of linked an armory linked but I'm not allowed, somehow .. :/
    I would like the name to be shown only, no guild or server/title
    It's an human male mage, name: (Venarius). i would like the t12 gear normal, and the helm not to be shown. Thankful for any answer!
    I don't mind the look of it, I just want it to look pro and awesome!!

    Im thankful for any reply, regards Venarius

    // Venarius

  20. #32640
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynn View Post
    Hello! I would love an signature of yours If I could i would of linked an armory linked but I'm not allowed, somehow .. :/
    I would like the name to be shown only, no guild or server/title
    It's an human male mage, name: (Venarius). i would like the t12 gear normal, and the helm not to be shown. Thankful for any answer!
    I don't mind the look of it, I just want it to look pro and awesome!!

    Im thankful for any reply, regards Venarius

    // Venarius
    Use the template in the first post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •