@Caiti and i4ni - stunning wallpapers!
OT; Happy Birthday/Grattis på födelsedagen Engelen!
I envy your work, because you can do things that I can't. The signatures that I see you repeatedly make are perfect in my eyes; something that I can never dream to recreate. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. We all learn, develop, and try new things (take that Fnx wallpaper that I recently made, it was something different and out of my comfort zone, and although I was pleased with the result I won't be trying that again).
It takes people time to reach their peak and make "perfect" work (speech marks because it's subjective), and you're well on your way there. And as Geeki said, never compare yourself to the others here. We all have different methods. Our signatures are all unique and not at all the same. As I said earlier, I love your Photoshop work, but I could never dream of creating something to that standard because it's something that you've excelled at. If we used the same methods, then sure, compare each of us against each other.. but we don't. Never compare yourself to another here, because you're brilliant in your own way.
You're even a little monster, dammit. In the words of Gaga: "Ignore all hatred and criticism. Live for what you create, and die protecting it.". In this specific case, the second part applies. Never try to emulate/strive to be like another.. find yourself and work with that. Because what you've spawned out of your own creativity is superb.
Anyways, I think I've rambled enough. Back to lurking.
P.S. Happy birthday, Batpanic (harhar, Engelen).
P.S.x2. Stunning stuff, Caiti and Geeki. But I say this too often as it is. I hope you're not getting sick of it by now.
KM-DESIGNMY WORK | Twitch / Youtube / Twitter Layouts / Banners | Requests: OPEN
Visible text: Bönestörm
Would love a signature and an avatar! ty in advance
Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B6rm/simple
Gear set: Tier 11 normal
Helm visible: Yes
Your pose: Artist's preference (if weapon is visible http://www.wowhead.com/item=49839)
General colour scheme: Icy/ black and blue
Any extras: artist preference for effects or things like that
I have a quick question and sorry if it's been answered in the 2k+ pages but is it possible to build an armor set in the model viewer from an item comparison on Wowhead? I haven't been able to get the mog in game yet. =/ I was just wondering so I could possibly get around to requesting a wallpaper.
But if it can't be done, I'll just keep lurking and marveling at everyone's work. ♥
(Unrelated and a bit OT, apologies, but is there a reason why Twitch layouts are too wide for my monitor? It's widescreen and I just control+scroll to fit, which makes it a nonissue really, I was just curious.)
I have a 3 part request for a Wallpaper, Signature and Avatar, but they'll all be based off of the same image, if that's alright. It will all be based off of my undead priest, here is an armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ticaine/simple
For the most part, everything will be as-is as far as my character's appearance and gear. Tier 13 Normal Priest set + "Vestal's Irrepressible Girdle", no helm, and cloak transmogrified into "Softwind Cape." One difference is that I want my weapon to be changed to the Brutal Gladiator's Salvation, even though only the hilt will be visible in the requested pose/angle (with NO enchant glows).
I've worked up some drafts for the basic gist of what I want each of the images to be.
- I want my character to be as close to this pose (/point emote) and angle as possible, rendered with as high quality of textures as possible.
- I want it to be over a deep red background with a pattern of alternating thinner and thicker vertical stripes, similar to this, except a decent bit darker, and more red - whereas in the reference image the lighter red has a desaturated, almost pink hue to it, I want it to be a deep, blood red, with the darker stripes even darker. Also, overall, I want the stripes to be thinner, and I want the pattern to be more dense, with less of the lighter red visible overall.
- I want the name "Neuroticaine" in the same approximate location as it is in the roughdraft, written in a black, all-caps font, with the first letter slightly larger (think: Copperplate Gothic, except maybe a bit more interesting and stylized (though not over-the-top and distracting)), with a subtle, transparent white glow around the edges, underlined by a relatively thin black line with a small, ornamental diamond in the middle. I do NOT want the underline to connect with the diamond - I want there to be a small space between the diamond and each side of the underline. The underline and diamond should also have the same subtle glow.
- Around the border of the image, I want a bit of a dark vignette, as though most of the image is illuminated by a spotlight. The very edges of the image should be very dark - almost black, or maybe even pure black.
- All of the above applies, except crop the image approximately the same as the roughdraft image (conforming to the typical MMO-Champion signature image dimensions), and reposition the text (note, I still want an underline and diamond, I was just too lazy to add it to the signature draft). Crop it a little bit higher (less of my character at the bottom, more negative space at the top, so that my character's hand is approximately centered, vertically. Same striped background, same glow around the text, same dark vignette, etc...
- Same as above as applies - same background, same vignette, though much smaller to account for the lack of space (don't want to hide my face!). No text necessary. Kinda vaguely going for something along the lines of a typical battle.net World of Warcraft forum avatar, except still making it match the wallpaper and signature.
- I want as CLOSE to the exact same angle as in my screenshot as possible.
- Once again, I request that I want the character and gear to have the best possible quality from modelviewer, or whatever.
- if at all possible, if you could make the toon's skin a more pale yellow, fleshy color, instead of the blueish hue that it is, that be wonderful.
I know this might sound like a lot, but once you do one, the other two should be able to be done fairly quickly. It would be amazing.
EDIT: No Server or Guild info necessary in the text. I'm the only Neuroticaine out there. =)
BIG EDIT: Not sure how I managed to leave it out, but wallpaper dimensions should be 1920x1080! Sorry! =/
Last edited by Veyne; 2012-11-06 at 09:03 AM.
Carbide Series 500R White | Intel i7 [email protected] | Asus P8Z77-V Gen3 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz |
2GB EVGA GTX 680 | OCZ Agility 3 120GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Corsair H80 Hydro | Corsair Gaming Series GS700
As far as the Twitch goes, my only guess is that your screen resolution is lower than 1920x1080, which is the proper resolution for the website. Sadly the background won't adjust to your screen resolution so running anything lower than that will cut the image out a bit.
And a big thank you all for the birthday wishes! ♥
Last edited by Zojl; 2012-11-06 at 10:41 AM.
Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy
How I can create links in signature.
Hi there, here's my request:
Well thank you to the artist that its gonna be willing to help me!What you want for you page: I'd like to have the entire twitch set if possible. Hence the artist can take his/her own time to make it. I am not a super expert of streamina and twitch, i'm just gonna start with it now, so if i miss some infos please PM me and ill hand out all the missing infos!!
Guyon the Immortal
Guild Name : CR - Server: Darksorrow - Faction Alliance
Monday \\ 19.45 - 24.00
Tuesday \\ 19.45 - 24.00
Wednesday \\ 19.45 - 24.00
Thursday \\ 19.45 - 24.00
Computer Specs: [I][SIZE="1"]Coolermaster Cabinet Elite 431 Plus Usb3.0 · Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620M · i5-3570K 3,4Ghz · MSI Z77A-G45 "Military Class III" · MSI N670GTX · G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXM · HD Caviar Blue 500GB + OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb · ASUS VE247H
Plus id love to have a link to the guild webpage: www.cr-guild.com, a link (logo) to our youtube channel and a link (logos) to facebook and to twitter. Also a link to my armory (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...guyon/advanced). If you need the links ill hand em out. As i said i got no clue if u just gotta draw the logos then i map em via twitch configuration panel.
Logo/Character: This is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...guyon/advanced - when you check it make sure im in my holy gear please, else i can give u the holy set details. Our website logo is kinda awful atm (if the artist wanna try and make that too i have some ideas :P).
General colour scheme: Something dark-ish. I love the atmosphere of the original BWL so that might be the best, but im open to suggestion / artist fantasy.
Specifics/Extras: I dont want my char to be mounted, but if you can insert these classes logo, not too big, somewhere in the page that would be awsome: mage priest drood dk hunter // these are ofc my alts. Thats an extra tho, don't go crazy over this detail.
Coolermaster Cabinet Elite 431 Plus Usb3.0 · Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620M · i5-3570K 3,4Ghz · MSI Z77A-G45 "Military Class III" · MSI MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G · G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXM · HD Caviar Blue 500GB + OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb · ASUS VE247H  ASUS 1201n  WD LIVE TV 3.0  iPhone 3 + iPhone 4s + iPhone 6 + iPad 4 + iPad mini