1. #44581
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,798
    I'm back from my ban, bearing wallpapers!

    Quote Originally Posted by NhcNipzlip View Post
    Need a wallpaper for my awesome new monitor!
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Visible text: You're a noob or you're a pro, Thats life. And my name ShockolateQT


    I hope you like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tureni View Post
    Wallpaper Request:
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Visible text: Baoshi - Einherjerne - Wildhammer


    I kinda-sorta deviated from your original request, working with a blue/Sha theme instead. I hope it's to your liking. If not, you're free to request again.


    And a PMR:

  2. #44582
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Y'all are really into those fractals lately, eh? Those look great, Elyaan.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  3. #44583
    Over 9000! ELYPOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    9,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Y'all are really into those fractals lately, eh? Those look great, Elyaan.
    They're an easy way to recreate spell effects (thanks Zarina <3).

    And thank you!

  4. #44584
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I'm back from my ban, bearing wallpapers!




    I hope you like it.




    I kinda-sorta deviated from your original request, working with a blue/Sha theme instead. I hope it's to your liking. If not, you're free to request again.


    And a PMR:
    Oh my god! that is amazing!

  5. #44585
    The Patient Ladylora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mebane, North Carolina
    Posts
    219
    PMR:

    Game / Photoshop streaming: www.twitch.tv/caughtyoulookin
    | Sig requests:OPEN | Queue:1 | My Work |

  6. #44586
    Ely, absolutely fantastic wallpapers!
    Sig PMR ONLY: Closed | Queue: 0
    WP/Twitch: Deviantart | Queue: 2

  7. #44587
    Field Marshal Mersynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    98
    Signature request

    Visible text: Just my name, Mersynd. It's fine if it's big and stands out.
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsynd/advanced
    Gear set: Same as armory - Challenge Mode Assassin set
    Helm visible: Yes
    Your pose: Similar to armory, general combat stance. Does not really matter too much, especially if it's just the top portion of the character.
    General colour scheme: Similar color scheme to the armor. Gold and black, possibly very slight red details.
    Any extras: Heavy emphasis on the smoke coming out of the helm and shoulders, if possible. Getting my weapons in is not important, unless it makes your idea work. The best thing about this would be the smoke, if it is possible to do it, so any stance or arrangement that would make it stand out works.

    References: http://tinypic.com/r/256bt41/6 - http://tinypic.com/r/3rc5k/6
    You can contact me here or on US battlenet @ pyxx1635 - Thank you in advance
    Edit: Armory seems to be slow on updating, see other links for actual set.

  8. #44588
    Quote Originally Posted by xeek1337 View Post
    Signature Request:
    Visible text: Xeek
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysera/Xeek/simple
    Gear set: my Current transmog set
    Helm visible: no
    Your pose: It just needs to look agressive, like you would image a worgen dps warrior. The /attack pose in armory is pretty cool, but i dont want a weapon to hide the face
    General colour scheme: this is up to you
    Any extras: i like the fire/orange glow of the challenge mode shoulders (u don't see it in the armory), so it would be cool to see this in the signature

    Would be great if someone could do this, thanks!
    bumping this since its one week

  9. #44589
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    Signature request

    <snip>
    References: http://tinypic.com/r/256bt41/6 - http://tinypic.com/r/3rc5k/6
    You can contact me here or on US battlenet @ pyxx1635 - Thank you in advance
    Edit: Armory seems to be slow on updating, see other links for actual set.
    It's been a whopping 12 days since Shyama made you that sig, and it itself was a remake after you race changed. You're within the cooldown, but unless Shyama wants to update it for the second time, I seriously doubt anyone is going to be interested in making something that will just be obsolete in two weeks anyway.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  10. #44590
    Field Marshal Mersynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    It's been a whopping 12 days since Shyama made you that sig, and it itself was a remake after you race changed. You're within the cooldown, but unless Shyama wants to update it for the second time, I seriously doubt anyone is going to be interested in making something that will just be obsolete in two weeks anyway.
    I don't have to defend myself to you, but I want it to be known that Shyama's work has not gone unappreciated or unwanted. I love what she's done for me and everyone else, and she's a lot better than anyone else here. I didn't even expect my first sig to be made and it was for an old account here that didn't even fit me. I changed as it was made but I wanted something new to fit my new self, that's still being used on other sites. I was amazed at how they were done and loved seeing new ideas and finished products. Now I am using the best race for a Rogue and finally have the challenge mode armor, I will be using it for the rest of the expansion.

  11. #44591
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    I don't have to defend myself to you, but I want it to be known that Shyama's work has not gone unappreciated or unwanted. I love what she's done for me and everyone else, and she's a lot better than anyone else here. I didn't even expect my first sig to be made and it was for an old account here that didn't even fit me. I changed as it was made but I wanted something new to fit my new self, that's still being used on other sites. I was amazed at how they were done and loved seeing new ideas and finished products. Now I am using the best race for a Rogue and finally have the challenge mode armor, I will be using it for the rest of the expansion.
    So PM her and ask her to change it again. You clearly think she's the best, and she's shown that she's willing to change them. No point in posting here.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  12. #44592
    Dreadlord i4ni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fenris
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    So PM her and ask her to change it again. You clearly think she's the best, and she's shown that she's willing to change them. No point in posting here.
    Whoa. Why the hostility?
    As much as it sucks sometimes for us artists, he is within his right to re-request.
    We have to respect the rules and terms of this just as much as requesters do.
    It's not like he's going around double PM'img people or being super rude and offensive....
    and it's not like he didn't even use the sig that was made for him previously.
    He simply just wanted it updated to show his new race/gear.
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAERS: CLOSED l

    l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

  13. #44593
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ni View Post
    Whoa. Why the hostility?
    As much as it sucks sometimes for us artists, he is within his right to re-request.
    We have to respect the rules and terms of this just as much as requesters do.
    It's not like he's going around double PM'img people or being super rude and offensive....
    and it's not like he didn't even use the sig that was made for him previously.
    He simply just wanted it updated to show his new race/gear.
    Not trying to be hostile, just being realistic. Not many artists are going to want to pick up something that will be replaced in two weeks. He's race changed twice in 12 days. I certainly wouldn't take it (obviously). I'm giving him my opinion. You're certainly free to take up the request and prove me wrong.

    Edit: And honestly, I would change the cooldown rule. If someone asked to change a signature I made them a week later, I would be majorly insulted. 1 month would be better, imo. I race changed to goblin well over a year ago, and I'm still rocking a dwarf sig.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-03 at 08:01 PM.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  14. #44594
    Dreadlord i4ni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fenris
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Not trying to be hostile, just being realistic. Not many artists are going to want to pick up something that will be replaced in two weeks. He's race changed twice in 12 days. I certainly wouldn't take it (obviously). I'm giving him my opinion. You're certainly free to take up the request and prove me wrong.
    Fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    Signature request

    Visible text: Just my name, Mersynd. It's fine if it's big and stands out.
    Armory link/Facial screenshot: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsynd/advanced
    Gear set: Same as armory - Challenge Mode Assassin set
    Helm visible: Yes
    Your pose: Similar to armory, general combat stance. Does not really matter too much, especially if it's just the top portion of the character.
    General colour scheme: Similar color scheme to the armor. Gold and black, possibly very slight red details.
    Any extras: Heavy emphasis on the smoke coming out of the helm and shoulders, if possible. Getting my weapons in is not important, unless it makes your idea work. The best thing about this would be the smoke, if it is possible to do it, so any stance or arrangement that would make it stand out works.

    References: http://tinypic.com/r/256bt41/6 - http://tinypic.com/r/3rc5k/6
    You can contact me here or on US battlenet @ pyxx1635 - Thank you in advance
    Edit: Armory seems to be slow on updating, see other links for actual set.
    CLAIMED.
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAERS: CLOSED l

    l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

  15. #44595
    Field Marshal Mersynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Not trying to be hostile, just being realistic. Not many artists are going to want to pick up something that will be replaced in two weeks. He's race changed twice in 12 days. I certainly wouldn't take it (obviously). I'm giving him my opinion. You're certainly free to take up the request and prove me wrong.
    I am really sorry that you feel this way. I don't mean to offend anyone, because I love my current sig. I just want to fit my new identity and amazing xmog that I plan to use forever. You're thinking of someone asking you to rework it because they didn't like the first one. I love mine and appreciate it so much, but I just love see new ideas and since I lost photoshop and other programs after I left school, I can't afford new ones to do it myself.

  16. #44596
    Dreadlord i4ni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fenris
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    I am really sorry that you feel this way. I don't mean to offend anyone, because I love my current sig. I just want to fit my new identity and amazing xmog that I plan to use forever. You're thinking of someone asking you to rework it because they didn't like the first one. I love mine and appreciate it so much, but I just love see new ideas and since I lost photoshop and other programs after I left school, I can't afford new ones to do it myself.
    I'm just gonna leave this right here.... in case you want it.

    OT: if you really want Shy or another artist to do your request just PM me and I will unclaim it
    Last edited by i4ni; 2013-02-03 at 08:15 PM.
    l SIGNATURES: CLOSED l WALLPAERS: CLOSED l

    l DEVIANT ART l READ 1st POST l MY TUTORIAL l TUMBLR l

  17. #44597
    Field Marshal Mersynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ni View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this right here.... in case you want it.

    OT: if you really want Shy or another artist to do your request just PM me and I will unclaim it
    Cool, thanks. I am totally fine with you doing it, I like your work as well. Her request was closed at the time I posted so that is why I did it. I appreciate it.

  18. #44598
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    I am really sorry that you feel this way. I don't mean to offend anyone, because I love my current sig. I just want to fit my new identity and amazing xmog that I plan to use forever. You're thinking of someone asking you to rework it because they didn't like the first one. I love mine and appreciate it so much, but I just love see new ideas and since I lost photoshop and other programs after I left school, I can't afford new ones to do it myself.
    It's not that I see a problem with your sentiment, it's that I see a problem with the "only 12 days later" part. Think of it like this:

    Someone goes to a Woodworking website and starts browsing their forums. They see that there's a thread to request free pieces to be made by talented woodworkers. Wow, cool! So they request a coffee table with a light finish for their living room. Lo and behold, a woodworker claims the request and makes a beautiful piece. Later, this person changes their decor and suddenly they need a dark finish. So they make a request of the woodworker to stain it for them to a darker color, to which he obliges. Then, not 12 days later, this person suddenly shows up on the forums requesting a new coffee table to be made because they've changed their decor yet again, this time to a super-modern theme. The old one is beautiful, and they just love it, but it clearly will not fit in. I mean, they loved using that table for those 12 days! It wasn't like it went unused. It was seen and enjoyed by all for those 12 days. But now they just need another table, because the decor needs it.

    Now, does that sound ok to you? It shouldn't. And it's basically the exact same thing as what you're doing now. Graphics designers get payed a lot of money for a reason. The fact that what we create here isn't physically tangible doesn't mean that it should hold any less value in your mind than something that is.

    And i4ni, while I understand and respect your position in supporting him, I'm disappointed that you're willing to go along with behavior like this.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-03 at 09:10 PM.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  19. #44599
    Brewmaster Sleepykin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,393
    I agree with i4ni on this one, but then again I don't take either myself or my work serious enough to argue the rules of the thread.
    deviantArt | queue: closed

    in this world full of people there's only one
    and if we only live once, I wanna live with you

  20. #44600
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelen View Post
    I agree with i4ni on this one, but then again I don't take either myself or my work serious enough to argue the rules of the thread.
    You should, then. Your portfolio is good enough for an entry-level professional graphics position.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •