Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Does Every Raid Have "That Guy?"

Quote Originally Posted by mickloven
    You know, the DPS that always dies, the one who draws too much threat trying reach the top of the DPS chart. Or, maybe he fails to move out of fire so he can finish his cast. Possibly, he starts his AOE a little early in Thorim's arena. He thinks that he doesn't need to continually move during the Hodir fight because that would hamper his DPS.

Anyway, you get my drift. As a healer, wasting mana and time healing this guy is very frustrating. Wasting Battle Rez's is even more annoying. So, besides just bitching, I'm curious if every raid has some version of "that guy." If so, assuming you aren't the raid leader, how do you address it? I ask because there is nothing more annoying to me then listenting to people bitch at others and throw out accusations in Vent.
    [rant]

I think your question shouldn't be, do you have that guy?

Should be "How many people do you have like this?" It gets very frustrating. Many times it makes me turn into
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubite
    The other healer who calls out for innervate 2minutes into the fight. Then is oom a minute later.
    because I am spamming heals like a SOB to keep there stupid ass alive.

We had a situation like this last night, I was healing the tunnel on Thorim. When I would call left or right , they felt they needed to finish their cast before moving, getting hit by everyone of his bombs. Then this genius thought it would be funny at the end of the raid to send us to Stonard.

Please tell me, if you have been fucking up all night and was a major reason why the raid wiped on several occasion (because the healers were OOM because you took every bit of damage possible for you to take and was still at the bottom of the DPS charts) Would you still open the portal to Stonard as a joke?? Then when an Officer in the guild asks you why you did it tell them to "shut the fuck up".

[/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by Sazbi
    fixed for you...

we have a few in our guild, i ussually hit them with bop...and yes its always the same person so its macro-ed for the start of the fight xD
    Probs you have to be good, but really its all about shield of righteousness, and then youre golden for 5min :< even in sucky gear you can keep aggro for some high rollers :P

15+ Year Old Account

I use to be that guy on Freya damn those Elementals and Divine Storm ahh the horror of it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Well, I'm in an Hardcore guild, so this is like a filter for the "move-out-of-fire" guys, but still, overall we don't have "the noob one". We have "the 25 pro ones, that, randomly, 1 of them fucks up something".

The top DPS'er that pulls the boss when people are buffing, Ankhing/SS'ing too near the boss and pulling him, Shadowrcash in the middle of the raid, and stuff.

It's damn annoying because it's one different guy each time, so it's difficult to go nerdrage with just one and punish him with the gkickhammer >

Pugs are the best for "That Guy" there was a 25 nax geared hunter didn't know what flasks to use and could only do 3k dps on maly with sparks and jumping on the flying disks

Ohja we got a paladin that somehow ALWAYS dies from the mines at mimiron. Well first it was amusing now it´s like i cant believe it, how can you suck that much? Well because of him everybody that dies on mines get f**cking 50DKP minus ! ..well to think about it he pretty much sucks at everything. Ohwell, got 2 new paladins, going to see how they are next id.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

What I hate more than anything are the guys that don't pay attention to whats happening. The other night on a Hodir attempt, I get yelled at multiple times for "pulling" agro. To clarify, this is only one attempt, and we're going for hardmode, thus you want to ride the line at least fairly closely.

I pull agro, but only, yes you can guess this next line, only after the tank dies. In other words, I was right where I needed to be, the tank dies, and bam, Hodir comes after me.

I get people raging on vent about it, I get whispers even after it was said over vent, "don't fucking pull agro."

of course, after we get set, I go postal, "Don't you fucking morons get that the fucking tank fucking died. Why the fuck are you yelling at me when you should be yelling at the fucking healers. I only got agro after the fucking tank fucking died. Do you fucking understand this? Just shut the fuck up and do you fucking jobs, heal the fucking tank and we got this."

Granted this is slightly paraphrased, but the overall gist got through. People shut up, did their jobs and we got hardmode done for the first time.

15+ Year Old Account

i'm always pulling aggro from the big adds in mimiron p3. no tank really get it managed to tank the burst dmg a feral druid is able to pull. but it's always THAT close in terms of DPS to kill the first one when exactly the second one spawned. if I wouldn do that dps we soon would have 3 or 4 adds at the end of p3 at the same time. would not be very good.

fortunately I survive it most times. I pay the palas to get hand of protection at least every 2nd or 3rd add.

I doubt all raids have a 'that guy' but plenty do. I used to play a healer in BC and I found the best way to whip them into line is to simply stop healing them when they're playing stupid. They'll realize quickly that a 2 second loss in dps to get out of the fire is much better than a 3 minute loss of dps from dying. And ffs, don't bres retarded players, who cares how good their dps is, if you res a retard, the retard will just end up dying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Avadon
    And ffs, don't bres retarded players, who cares how good their dps is, if you res a retard, the retard will just end up dying again.
    I'm guessing you don't do very many hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargrimm
    I'm guessing you don't do very many hard modes.
    You don't brez retards in hardmodes either, because they're retards. Retards don't get to do hardmodes (at least, not successfully)

In other words, his point is 100% right even for hardmodes.

She is a priest. She dies really often... [mostly on every boss fight...twice]

After 2 hours of wiping on Hodir 25man she asked in the raid chat why did she get iceblocked... no need to say that a guy started to say things to her like: ''Can you not fucking understand what we do here and Did you not read the tactics?'' or something like that.

That guy really hated her [and still does I believe.]

Now and then she still manages to fail. Her healing improved tho cos she is using different addons now but she always manage to die

She is a nice person but I would never invite her [even to naxx10]

I don't understand why she is still with us... I don't even understand how she became a raider lol

We had a ret pally at one point.. who.. Geez I don't even know where to start
    -Died every fight, even on trash
    -pulled aggro with shitty DPS(Not quite sure how this happened?)
    -Had trouble using vent
    -Had trouble with a(at the time) 4 button rotation

Here's the kicker... When we asked her why she kept pulling aggro, her reply was

'i can only dps while tanking'

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Of course, he's a DK so he just pops AMS first and gets rewarded for doing it with free RP and very little damage taken. /grumble
    When used correctly and in a safe manner soaking damage with AMS can be a decent damage boost, especially for frost.

He may be a better player than you think.

15+ Year Old Account

How about the ret pally who runs in on the pull of Freya and pops Divine Storm pulls agrro and gets one shot??

Yeah, they are everywhere. They usually cry like little babies when you mention it to them.

"If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

lets see- there was a druid who couldnt control his threat and then after we meantioned the word "omen" he said "it doesnt work for me"

there was a OT who pulled Sarth, and turned him so he breathed on us, then when we wiped he said "the MT lost him so i taunted" right.

then there was the lock who did more dps then me, whispers me halfway through to brag, then promptly pulles aggro and wipes us

did i mention this was one group? on a Sarth25+ 0 drakes?

i have to admit, even tho i am a lock, i have seen that most idiots that play locks, followed by hunters, then fury warriors
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrus
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU

Let me give you boys a little tip:

"That Guy" = A Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Benner

"That Guy" = A Kid
    ^ ^ ^
    This guy = troll

Quote Originally Posted by Benner

"That Guy" = A Kid
    you keep telling yourself that if it gets you to sleep at night
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU

Quote Originally Posted by danoob
    coming from the guy with the "crack rocks and stoned" sig.... nice and mature.

On topic.... if you haven't ever been "that guy" you really should try it. Great fun. Ret pallies are best for it, so many fun tools.
    did i say i wasnt a kid? although your right, the sig is pretty stupid
    im usually not the guy, except for Freya trash, i can't ever seem to stay alive
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU