Why do we need new professions???

At this point in time we have an abundence of professions to choose from. Every day or so I see someone come up with an "idea" for a new profession. Some have merrit, others just down right stupid. My question to the masses is "Why do We need new professions?" Before you go "OMFG THIS FOO IS OUTTA HIS MIND" hear me out.

We all know that:
    A) Professions are very time and gold consuming.
    B) The majority of gold is made from dailys and not from professions.
    C) All CRAFTING professions have usefullness for all classes

So I propose this:
    Whereas the main reason why Blizzard did not want use to be able to have more than two professions in the beginning of WoW was to give people the opportunity to make more Gold and Whereas the majority of people no longer use their professions to make Gold.

Why is there still a limit on the amount of professions we now have?

Maybe raise it to where you can have 3 professions?

I know that on more than one occasion I wanted to change from skinning (Which gives me virtually no benefit) to Jewelcrafting. However being the guild skinner in raids, so that we do not leave all that artic fur in Ulduar, I really can't. I can't drop Leatherworking because I am the one that got all the pattern drops (again because I am the guild leatherworker). The only option I have is to sit and wait....hoping that they will allow more than 2 professions.

Does anyone else see a reason that would justify them limiting our professions?

I know a lot of people IRL that know how to do electrical work, complex math, fix cars, etc....

It is not like our characters have a limited amount of room in their heads for knowledge (well maybe the undead, afterall it is kind of rotting away).

please discuss.

Re: Why do we need new professions???

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Why is there still a limit on the amount of professions we now have?
    Simply because almost everything you decide to do in the game should be a choice. From what gear you decide to wear to the professions you chose with the characters.

It wouldn't be the same decision making process if every class could wear all three kind of armour and could have every profession available.

Actually it is crafting skills that use up a lot of gold.

The gathering professions are the gold makers.

For example, out of 4 stacks of Cobalt, I can either sell them on the AH for about 15g a stack which would net me 60g, or I can make weapons using blacksmithing that would bring me 9g per weapon and at two weapons a stack, that's ten weapons, or 90g and I can mine the 4 stacks in about half an hour to an hour.

That's on top of the dailies.

Deleted

B) The majority of gold is made from dailys and not from professions.
    got to disagree with this - i make between 2 - 4k gold a day and 99% of this comes from my professions. There is no way anyone is going to get rich by running dailies while there is a 25 a day limit.

15+ Year Old Account

"Professions are very time and gold consuming. "

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Bro, you're on WoW, if you didn't have time to waste, you wouldn't be on WoW.

Also, adding a new professions is pretty standard with most expansions. Just like adding new factions and all that. So as much as you kick in scream, you can't stop the inevitable, you will get a new profession, and you will, hopefully, find a way to deal with it.

Yeah I do. Wouldn´t it be overpowered to have JC gems, BS sockets, while enchanters ring enchants, LW bracers enchant, inscriptions shoulder enchant, the better benefit from flasks and all the passive bonuses from all the 3 gathering proffs?

I´d say that would be pretty fucking insane if we could
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    That's because you're not looking.

Searing = Firy = Hot = Molten = Lava = Volcano = Disaster = Death
    Blade = Sharp = Pointy = Feather = Bird = Wing

Searing + Blade = Death + Wing

Thus, if Searing + Blade is equal to Burning + Legion, as well as to Death + Wing, and Death + Wing is equal to Old + Gods, then Burning + Legion = Old + Gods.

Simple math.

Having no limits on professions would result in:
    A- Anyone doing PvE HL would be FORCED to level up EVERY profession in order to be 100% optimized for raids.
    B- You would have to spend MONTHS (or less, but you'll have to pay a shit load more) leveling them all.
    C- It would be extremely expensive and you'll probably have to farm gold in order to pay for your professions (which some will remain useless apart from the profession bonus).
    D- The economy would drop. What's the point of selling X amount of something if that guy can make it himself ? Jewelcrafters that make livings off of cutting and selling gems won't be able too as it won't be needed !

I don't do dailys, they depress me. I make gold through cloth making with my mage and it's far from enough (even with the cd I can probably make 250g per 4days which buys flasks and potions for 4days )

I wouldn't mind seeing the bar raised up to 3 though, could be interesting but blizzard will have to be very careful with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia
    "Professions are very time and gold consuming. "
    I meant to say CRAFTING professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Bro, you're on WoW, if you didn't have time to waste, you wouldn't be on WoW.

Also, adding a new professions is pretty standard with most expansions. Just like adding new factions and all that. So as much as you kick in scream, you can't stop the inevitable, you will get a new profession, and you will, hopefully, find a way to deal with it.
    What part of "I want to be able to have more than 2 professions" makes you think that I want to spend less time on WoW. As it is now I have a herb/ore bitch farming my mats to keep from buying them. I would agree that gathering professions are money makers but other than the odd leg chant, I hardly ever make any money LW. That is why I am farming ore so I can Powerlevel my JC on my main.
    Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    Simply because almost everything you decide to do in the game should be a choice. From what gear you decide to wear to the professions you chose with the characters.

It wouldn't be the same decision making process if every class could wear all three kind of armour and could have every profession available.
    I do realize that everything in life as well as WoW are about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by HellBurn
    Having no limits on professions would result in:
    A- Anyone doing PvE HL would be FORCED to level up EVERY profession in order to be 100% optimized for raids.
    B- You would have to spend MONTHS (or less, but you'll have to pay a shit load more) leveling them all.
    C- It would be extremely expensive and you'll probably have to farm gold in order to pay for your professions (which some will remain useless apart from the profession bonus).
    D- The economy would drop. What's the point of selling X amount of something if that guy can make it himself ? Jewelcrafters that make livings off of cutting and selling gems won't be able too as it won't be needed !

I don't do dailys, they depress me. I make gold through cloth making with my mage and it's far from enough (even with the cd I can probably make 250g per 4days which buys flasks and potions for 4days )

I wouldn't mind seeing the bar raised up to 3 though, could be interesting but blizzard will have to be very careful with it.
    If I am willing to spend the time and/or gold to do it why shouldn't I be able to? That is better than having to reroll a profession everytime a new patch comes out because they FUBAR one or the other. How about let us have only 2 professions active at a given time (like duel specs) That way if you want your Dragon's Eyes to work you can activate them and LW? Want your shoulder chants and ring chants, go Chanter & Insc. What I am tired of doing is having to change professions every 3-4 months so that I can bring the most to my raids.

Do that sound so bad? Only being able to activate 2 professions at a time.