Thread: Blood DPS

Blood DPS

I am currently Unholy DPS and I have some Uld gear.. Everyone is telling me to go into Blood. I am also an off spec Tank but not very geared. I have read a lot about PvE Blood spec for DPSing but I am still confused as to what I should put the points into and what the rotation. Can anyone please explain it and show me a spec for maximium DPS or should I just stay Unholy

Re: Blood DPS

Blood is a tricky spec and can be very upsy and downsy, because 90% of uld gear has armor pen on it blood is the choice of 3.1 for most dks, unholy has slowly pulled into the background and taken a backseat, try frost, it puts out the damage and it fun in the process. you can get some awesome dps out of frost and it can match or out dps blood and unholy easily with a working rotation

for blood gear/stats its as follows.
    str>hit>crit>exp>arp>haste>

51-20 build, look me up on armory, despized on twisting nether. its as standard as it gets. u could also do 50-21 with no points in drw and the extra point in UHB, but after 3.2 i dunno if thats gonna hold up.

my rotation is:
    IT,PS,HSx2,DS,DC(dump),DS,HSx4 repeat, 2 major runes u need for this are glyph of DRW, plague strike, death strike.

for boss fights always call ur minion 1st and save ur cd's for bloodlust(hysteria, DRW, aotd if applicable)

in nax10-25 or equiv gear raid buffed with flask of endless rage and cd's i posted 5600k dps last night. using the jawbone.

str is ur biggest need, but only after u get ur HC. ive heard some ppl say dk's HC is 290'sh but im at 330's and the difference is huge, expertise is pretty big also im at 17 which could be better but works ok. nomatter how much str or ap u have, if u cant hit the damn thing u wont be doin much dps.

and last but not least, skill>gear. u can have uld geared players below u on the charts if u master ur rotations and know when to use ur cd's.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-b..._dk_dps_guide/

Is as good a place as any.

I personally agree with most of what hes wrote, but there are always things that can be improved on any subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Despized
    Wrong.

Str > ArP > Hit > Exp > Crit > Haste > Agility > AP

Stat Weight Link

Stat weight taken from Elitistjerks.com.
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!

51-20 build, look me up on armory, despized on twisting nether. its as standard as it gets. u could also do 50-21 with no points in drw and the extra point in UHB, but after 3.2 i dunno if thats gonna hold up.

my rotation is:
    IT,PS,HSx2,DS,DC(dump),DS,HSx4 repeat, 2 major runes u need for this are glyph of DRW, plague strike, death strike.

for boss fights always call ur minion 1st and save ur cd's for bloodlust(hysteria, DRW, aotd if applicable)

in nax10-25 or equiv gear raid buffed with flask of endless rage and cd's i posted 5600k dps last night. using the jawbone.

str is ur biggest need, but only after u get ur HC. ive heard some ppl say dk's HC is 290'sh but im at 330's and the difference is huge, expertise is pretty big also im at 17 which could be better but works ok. nomatter how much str or ap u have, if u cant hit the damn thing u wont be doin much dps.

and last but not least, skill>gear. u can have uld geared players below u on the charts if u master ur rotations and know when to use ur cd's.
    1. Not quite right as stated by MooDK

2. Why do you use glyph of Plague strike? you should be using glyph's of DRW, Dark Death and Death Strike

3. Hit cap is 8%. That equals 264 hit rating.

Listen to what Moo said, and look at the EJ link. Ignore the rest. Crit? lawl

Also, check out the sticky.

im sure my ideas arent perfect verbatum of EJ, but staying true to what i said, i still can easily hit mid 4k dps in nax10 gear. why do u rank arp so high. and ur crazy if u raid at 264 HR

im sure my ideas arent perfect verbatum of EJ, but staying true to what i said, i still can easily hit mid 4k dps in nax10 gear. why do u rank arp so high. and ur crazy if u raid at 264 HR
    Lmao, with this mentality I would be surprised if you were pushing those kinds of numbers that you claim, and with glyph of plague strike even.

Including this gem:
    "ive heard some ppl say dk's HC is 290'sh but im at 330's and the difference is huge"
    There is so much false info in Despized's post, just read the Blood DPS Guide like that someone posted from EJ

Quote Originally Posted by MooDK
    Wrong.

Stat Weight Link

Stat weight taken from Elitistjerks.com.

Does this mean that ArP is better than hit before 8% hit , after 8% hit, or both? Like if I'm at exactly 8% hit would it be better if I traded lets so 70 hit rating and gained 80 ArP?

Quote Originally Posted by Aragaarn

Does this mean that ArP is better than hit before 8% hit , after 8% hit, or both? Like if I'm at exactly 8% hit would it be better if I traded lets so 70 hit rating and gained 80 ArP?
    Think of it this way, if dropping a small amount of hit nets you a larger amount of armor pen it technically IS a dps upgrade but below hit cap you're at the mercy of the RNG, you could land every attack or you could miss 2-3 in a row depending on the dice roll. Its important to stay hit capped regardless, stat weights are just a way of measuring the theoretical gain. That being said, if you're hit capped and expertise capped your dps might be lower than if you stacked more ArP but you'll have more consistency in your cycles.

|EDIT| Same goes for expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragaarn

Gerian answerd that pretty nice
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!

i changed out that glyph and redid my build. i took points out of bcb and maxed out my DC dmg.

as far as HR goes, idc what EJ says. 264 is not enough, the proof's in the numbers i put out. 334 might be alittle high, BUT 264 is way low. call me whatever u want. im stickin to my guns on that. for everything else, i stand corrected.

Deleted

i changed out that glyph and redid my build. i took points out of bcb and maxed out my DC dmg.

as far as HR goes, idc what EJ says. 264 is not enough, the proof's in the numbers i put out. 334 might be alittle high, BUT 264 is way low. call me whatever u want. im stickin to my guns on that. for everything else, i stand corrected.
    The Hit cap for 2H and special attacks, is at 264 hit rating, which equals 8% hit, wowwiki has a nice formula for you to use if you still doubt it.
    An increase in hit, would only benefit IT and DC, as they're listed as spells, and therefore have a cap of 17% (14% with a SP or a boomkin in your raid) but getting the spell cap, is quite stupid, as you will have to loose out on alot of other stats. (If im not mistaken the spell cap is around 368 (Not entirely sure about the exact number, but around here anyhow)

Quote Originally Posted by MooDK
    Fits 100%, although, I would personally rate the 8% hit before ArP.

well, for the record. i do not have 1 single +hit gem. im all str cept 2 blue's with ap for my meta req's. just so happens my gear has alot of hit built into it.

my rotation is:

Hmm ,don't post unless you know what you're talking about. Just tried that rotation and did alot less dps , also don't call you're minion out first , save him for bloodlust and glyph of plague strike?????? nah bruv , glyph of dark death , i'm critting 5k-6k with my death coil.

Looked up you're char on armory , well you got the blood part down put fucked up on the unholy part , respec to this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVh0IcfofostZfMhbxc and you'll do alot more dps , get a new rotation aswell. Btw whats up with the 16 AP 12 stam gem? never gem AP , get the 8 str 12 stam gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by woofdog77
    be one of the bottom classes in PVE/PVP.
    LOL.

I love blood for DPS, tried unholy and without a doubt unholy AoE > Blood. But i've never gotten close to my blood dps on a single target.

Doing 4k dps on patchwerk with naxx 10 gear + the trinket from ulduar 10. Still have the titansteel destroyer hoping a new weapon bumps me up quite a bit. Dpsing as a blood DK couldn't be easier. I just keep IT and PS up and then work on a priority system.

HS > DS > DC

Correctly using your cooldowns can significantly increase your dps. Poping DRW when your full on runic power and have 4 death runes and 2 blood up is amazing dps, best used when you proc a trinket + hysteria. It might seem like the stars have to align correctly for this to happen. But its pretty frequent, using your CD's as blood will make or break your DPS.

Also another thing to notice is fights with a lot of movement don't forget that DC and IT are both ranged use those one your way back to the boss or while your running away.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Listen to what Moo said, and look at the EJ link. Ignore the rest. Crit? lawl

Also, check out the sticky.
    ^--Agree Crit...?? Lawlzz.... Crit is Built into DKs.. Just like Dodge into Droods, Block into Pallies... etc etc...

Nonetheless, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...axis&n=Keyadri

Check out both Blood Specs, Ones a tank, The other is a DPS. Tanking is my off spec... But seriously.

That Blood build is one of the best, and DRW Glyph is really... Not needed. It can be replaced by Disease. But that's only if your lazy and find replacing IT and PS every 15 seconds a pain in the a**.

My Rotation, IT-PS-DS-HS... By time your done that rotation you'll have a Frost and unholy rune up, Hit DS again and then SPAM HS out. If you have DRW Replaced by Disease, Hit a Pestilence before they run out, and continue using your Frost/Unholy runes on DS and all Blood/Death runes for HS.